[Q] Renovate 1.1 & CWM update loop

Search This thread

10xOXR

Oct 10, 2010
Afternoon all!

I'm got the Renovate 1.1 ROM running on my device and all is fine and dandy with it, except that I'm now not able to get into CWM properly.

My phone downloaded the OTA update for Renovate to address some minor issues, rebooted into Recovery and installed them itself, then rebooted. All very well, you may say, but upon restarting it then wanted to do it all over again, saying that the same update was available. Now whenever I try to get into CWM to do anything, all it does is automatically launch the Aroma installer for this damned update over and over, no matter how many times I let it complete the install!

I've tried a factory reset from the bootloader, and even overwriting CWM in fastboot but it still does the same thing. Stuck like this, I can't even reinstall the ROM.

Any thoughts on what I can do to get this sorted? At a loss now and my knowledge is limited.

Thanks.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Afternoon all!

I'm got the Renovate 1.1 ROM running on my device and all is fine and dandy with it, except that I'm now not able to get into CWM properly.

My phone downloaded the OTA update for Renovate to address some minor issues, rebooted into Recovery and installed them itself, then rebooted. All very well, you may say, but upon restarting it then wanted to do it all over again, saying that the same update was available. Now whenever I try to get into CWM to do anything, all it does is automatically launch the Aroma installer for this damned update over and over, no matter how many times I let it complete the install!

I've tried a factory reset from the bootloader, and even overwriting CWM in fastboot but it still does the same thing. Stuck like this, I can't even reinstall the ROM.

Any thoughts on what I can do to get this sorted? At a loss now and my knowledge is limited.

Thanks.

does the rom still boot up ? if so check for the ota file.zip on the sdcard and delete it !

Reactions: 10xOXR

10xOXR

Oct 10, 2010
does the rom still boot up ? if so check for the ota file.zip on the sdcard and delete it !

Thanks for that! Deleted the zip that was store in the OTA folder and then uninstalled the OTA app itself. CWM complained about not being able to find the zip in question, but I was able to wipe the phone and reinstall the ROM (plus the update manually).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Afternoon all!

Thanks.