Text Messaging Issue

Search This thread

rocafellapat

Feb 4, 2008
I have had my Hero for about 3-4 weeks now and LOVE it (coming from Touch Pro) the only problem I have is that when I add a new contact and want to text them, I get get a text back from them but under a different name, like the contact I previously added before the new one?!? I have to delete the whole thread to get the right name and pic of the person I am actually texting. This is very frustrating and hope someone can help me find a fix to this. Thanks!

Apr 3, 2009
i m having a same issue.. my all txt mesages going under bankofamerica alerts thread.. doesnt matter who its from...i m so mad about this i tried hard reset.. master reset.. tried installing chomps sms, handcent sms, same issue..:confused:

flipzmode

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2009
geekfor.me
i m having a same issue.. my all txt mesages going under bankofamerica alerts thread.. doesnt matter who its from...i m so mad about this i tried hard reset.. master reset.. tried installing chomps sms, handcent sms, same issue..:confused:

All sms programs retrieve the information from the Android OS which is actually responsible for handling the information. That's why you are seeing the same thing no matter what program you are using. But quite frankly I don't know what's causing that. I remember reading about it before, but I'm not sure if people ever came to any resolution.

codelockdown

Nov 27, 2009
well it seems to me that you need to flash a new ROM to your Hero, try MCR or Fresh, or just update with the sprint update from the settings menu. Since it is Andriod OS based error, try that if that does not work, take your phone back to be exchanged.

rocafellapat

Feb 4, 2008
Thanks Flip and codelockdown...I am like certifiedsinner and tried handcent but same problem, I loved the UI but it was a bit buggy and I found myself going checking the stock sms program when i got a message so i uninstalled but I will def consider all those options, i may just end up waiting for 2.0 or possibly 2.1. Thanks again guys!

thecodemonk

Oct 23, 2009
Spokane, WA