App request camera control

Search This thread
Nov 7, 2011
New update is not working on my unroot SM-G900H. "Unfortunately, Gear Camera has stopped." Previous version was working but stop frequently.

Nov 7, 2011
Latest update (Gear Fit Camera-com.cmuk.gearfit.camera-8-v1.7) is crashing again. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but "Unfortunately, Gear Fit Camera has stopped."

Update : Finally it's working after restart gadget and gear fit. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: CMUK
Jun 21, 2012
Lima
Will this work in a LG G3

I am the creator of the Gear Fit Camera glad you like it :good:, I have fixed most of the bugs now and listening to feedback also adding some nice new features, the new update is on the way

Hello, I have the Gear Fit working with my LG G3 full functional (Without S-Health)

FW: R350XXU0BNG2
GT Manager: 1.98.1127
LG G3 with Android 5.0

Will your app work good in my devices?

Thanks

zigismall

Nov 6, 2015

Attachments

• phone_remote.jpg
    phone_remote.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 459

r4yv3n

Jan 19, 2008
No. It is for Gear Fit 2 too. I purchased it and use from time to time. Look at picture.

I bought it today, and is not working for me.

I installed the Phone Remote Companion app into my LG G4 (from google play store)

But it still says there is no connection to my phone.

Any thing more to do into the phone ?

Because i paid 1,8€ and cannot use it.

And one more thing, when i use this whatch face then Gear Fit2 Plugin uses GPS all the time...

Last edited:

zigismall

Nov 6, 2015
I bought it today, and is not working for me.

I installed the Phone Remote Companion app into my LG G4 (from google play store)

But it still says there is no connection to my phone.

Any thing more to do into the phone ?

Because i paid 1,8€ and cannot use it.

And one more thing, when i use this whatch face then Gear Fit2 Plugin uses GPS all the time...

For me works excellence but I have Samsung S3.
Maybe try to disable and enable Bluetooth for phone and watch or turn off your watch for few seconds.
It helped me in case others apps.

This watch face doesn't use GPS. It only shows statuses for Wifi, Bluetooth and GPS. You should go settings/connection
and turn off all connections, they eat your battery.

r4yv3n

Jan 19, 2008
I changed phone rom.
I have bad news from this watch face developer.
I received this email:

How is possible to use watchface to make photo? I updated the watchface and the phone software, but it still only shows camera image.

We have created last version which allows to make photo by watch and fixed a few things.
But we can't upload it on Samsung Store because Samsung locked
uploading watch faces created by Web API SDK - it means that only watch faces
designed by Gear Watch Designer are eligible to upload to the store.

I don't understand this decision and many developers too. Probably Samsung doesn't want to
have more complex watch faces for Gear Fit 2 expect simple watch faces created by simple editor like
Gear Watch Designer. It is very bad news for user like you and others. Probably
there will not good apps/watch faces for Gear Fit 2 in the Samsung store.

I hope Samsung change its mine and allows to upload apps/watch faces created by
standard developing tools (Web API SDK) otherwise customers will have thousand simple
and often ugly watch faces on Samsung store and none well-designed applications.

Summary: for now none developer can upgrade existed watch faces or upload the new one.

zigismall

Nov 6, 2015
I changed phone rom.
I have bad news from this watch face developer.
I received this email:

How is possible to use watchface to make photo? I updated the watchface and the phone software, but it still only shows camera image.

We have created last version which allows to make photo by watch and fixed a few things.
But we can't upload it on Samsung Store because Samsung locked
uploading watch faces created by Web API SDK - it means that only watch faces
designed by Gear Watch Designer are eligible to upload to the store.

I don't understand this decision and many developers too. Probably Samsung doesn't want to
have more complex watch faces for Gear Fit 2 expect simple watch faces created by simple editor like
Gear Watch Designer. It is very bad news for user like you and others. Probably
there will not good apps/watch faces for Gear Fit 2 in the Samsung store.

I hope Samsung change its mine and allows to upload apps/watch faces created by
standard developing tools (Web API SDK) otherwise customers will have thousand simple
and often ugly watch faces on Samsung store and none well-designed applications.

Summary: for now none developer can upgrade existed watch faces or upload the new one.

Is it possible? Very bad news for my Gear Fit 2. I am going to ask Samsung about that.
If that's true, my Fit2 is going to be piece of junk because I don't want a million watch faces
and none application.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would love to be able to control the camera on my phone with my Fit. Kind of like a remote trigger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app
    A GoPro app would be awesome...
    Hello, you can control your camera by Gear Fit using GF Launcher + Tasker shorcut. No root needed
    And you don't need to turn on your smartphone screen, just open GF Launcher, click on your Camera app shortcut and then click on your Task shortcut.
    I've created a post with this in General:
    http://xdaforums.com/gear-fit/general/gear-fit-launcher-tasker-pic-t2878958
    There is an app on the play store.

There were a few bugs to start with but now I find it really good.

Search for Gear Fit Camera

I am the creator of the Gear Fit Camera glad you like it :good:, I have fixed most of the bugs now and listening to feedback also adding some nice new features, the new update is on the way
    Latest update (Gear Fit Camera-com.cmuk.gearfit.camera-8-v1.7) is crashing again. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but "Unfortunately, Gear Fit Camera has stopped."

Update : Finally it's working after restart gadget and gear fit. Thank you.