[Q] WiFi Not Working

Search This thread

lkhz

Nov 10, 2009
I have bought (little used) S2 yesterday and Installed Custom ROM. It was XWKE2 (France).

Then I try to turn on Wifi and Scan Networks. But its not working :( (Couldn't check with original firmware)

How can i fix this ?

Tried re-flashing stock XWKE2, clearing delvik. Noting worked :/

Can this be hardware issue ? :O

What should i do ? :'(

Smiler Issues -
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1169338
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1316507

EDIT :
Other issue i have identified is, Key lights keep on even after power off :/

Last edited:

extract1

Oct 25, 2011
Turn off Wifi on your phone and turn off the Router for a few minutes. Turn it back on and turn Wifi back on your phone. If that doesn't work go to advanced wifi options on your phone by going to the wifi settings and press the menu button(left of Home Button) and pick Advanced, set the Regulatory domain to a low channel and Wifi policy to Never and see if that helps.

If it still doesn't work set a static IP to 192.168.0.9 and Gateway to your Routers gateway that can be found out clicking on start,run,typing cmd to pull up the command prompt and than typing ipconfig. Set Subnetmask to 255.255.255.0

If it still doesn't work maybe you may need to Replace the Router ?

Reactions: lewipeti

lkhz

Nov 10, 2009
Turn off Wifi on your phone and turn off the Router for a few minutes. Turn it back on and turn Wifi back on your phone. If that doesn't work go to advanced wifi options on your phone by going to the wifi settings and press the menu button(left of Home Button) and pick Advanced, set the Regulatory domain to a low channel and Wifi policy to Never and see if that helps.

If it still doesn't work set a static IP to 192.168.0.9 and Gateway to your Routers gateway that can be found out clicking on start,run,typing cmd to pull up the command prompt and than typing ipconfig. Set Subnetmask to 255.255.255.0

Nooo .. Router works fine :) But Mobile don't scan them. After several scans it wifi settings get stuck :/

anfearg

Aug 24, 2010
It could also be a problem with the kernel. You could just try flashing a new one from a zip file.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

lkhz

Nov 10, 2009
It could also be a problem with the kernel. You could just try flashing a new one from a zip file.

Yea, I did try flashing different stock kernels. But no use :(

Here is About Screen. WiFi MAC is missing :/

TlZET.png

extract1

Oct 25, 2011
So your phone can't even see your Router at all? or can it see it but it doesn't connect? if it can't see it at all than it is most definitely broken. Try setting the router to a low channel.

Last edited:

anfearg

Aug 24, 2010
Your IMEI is also missing. It could be that you corrupted your efs file.

Do you have a backup of this???

extract1

Oct 25, 2011
Return the phone it's broken, Wifi not being detected at all and the key lights still on when the phone is off is a big problem.

lkhz

Nov 10, 2009
Your IMEI is also missing. It could be that you corrupted your efs file.

Do you have a backup of this???

Hehe .. I have erased IMEI when uploading ;) I don't think its Software Issue. Tried Flashing Different ROMs several times :/

extract1

Oct 25, 2011
Not sure what you mean by erasing IMEI since you need that for your phone to function?
can you post up what your phone tells you when you dial *#1234# and *#06#

anfearg

Aug 24, 2010
Ah right I see. I couldn't tell from my phone.

I think the best thing would be to flash a stock ROM, use USB jig to reset flash counter and the send it to a repair centre even though you don't have a receipt they should be able to get warranty info from the IMEI.

kaa2

Nov 11, 2011
I have the same problem with my newly bought Samsung Galaxy S2.

After running nicely for one month, the wifi has suddenly stopped working. I will explain the symptoms here so that someone can please help me. Its really urgent.

The wifi refuses to detect any networks. In my computer and other mobile phone, there are atleast three wifi networks which are being scanned. The wifi on the Galaxy S2 turns on, scans for a while and then turns off again.

On repeatedly trying to turn on the wifi, or using the home screen wifi toggle button, the phone hangs and the wifi icon turns light green.

If I try to switch off the phone, the keyboard lights at the bottom stay on - until I remove the battery manually. :(

Have tried a factory reset and flashing the phone with different firmwares downloaded from the net. Still no luck. Can someone please tell me whether this is a software problem or is my hardware bust?

Thanks in advance.

lkhz

Nov 10, 2009

After running nicely for one month, the wifi has suddenly stopped working. I will explain the symptoms here so that someone can please help me. Its really urgent.

The wifi refuses to detect any networks. In my computer and other mobile phone, there are atleast three wifi networks which are being scanned. The wifi on the Galaxy S2 turns on, scans for a while and then turns off again.

On repeatedly trying to turn on the wifi, or using the home screen wifi toggle button, the phone hangs and the wifi icon turns light green.

If I try to switch off the phone, the keyboard lights at the bottom stay on - until I remove the battery manually. :(

Have tried a factory reset and flashing the phone with different firmwares downloaded from the net. Still no luck. Can someone please tell me whether this is a software problem or is my hardware bust?

Thanks in advance.

I got same issue :(

Athavan

Jun 15, 2011
Madurai

Thanks in advance.

yes this was the exact problem i had... tried hard reset, different firmwares, etc... gave d mobile to Samsung service center and they said they have flshed new os but no use.. and so asked me handover the phone next working day day... when i was about to do it.. the issue suddenly solved on its own.. i did nothing... i was on the peak of frustration as u guys..:( had this issue for more than one month...

for how many days u r having this issue? remember ur last activity with the phone b4 this issue?
and had u exposed it to water or rain?(even slightly)

kaa2

Nov 11, 2011
yes this was the exact problem i had... tried hard reset, different firmwares, etc... gave d mobile to Samsung service center and they said they have flshed new os but no use.. and so asked me handover the phone next working day day... when i was about to do it.. the issue suddenly solved on its own.. i did nothing... i was on the peak of frustration as u guys..:( had this issue for more than one month...

for how many days u r having this issue? remember ur last activity with the phone b4 this issue?
and had u exposed it to water or rain?(even slightly)

I'm having this issue since 3-4 days. The phone was working perfectly, and I remember I switched it off for a couple of hours. When I came back and turned it on, the wifi started acting up.

I don't recall exposing it to water. I have a problem with sweat though, sticking on the screen. I had showed it to a Samsung rep, he said it is due to moisture. Don't trust him though. Have again given it to another rep. Let's see tomorrow.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

has anyone fixed this issue?i just started having this prob this morning.when i turn on my wifi,it automatically turns of itself.sometimes it even stuck and FC.i cant even add wifi network.my router is working well since im enable to connect using my laptop.i've tried factory reset but the problems remain.

Ya buddy... I got it fixed... Factory reset, fw upgrades, rooting and cfws won't help.. Its a hardware issue.. Read my previous posts here..

Finally I got my phone on friday from the samsung service center.. Problem fixed.. It took four days for them..
    Had the same issue as told by many here..
    And finally fixed it by giving the phone to samsung CS...
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App
    my warranty is void rtied evrythin with rom kernal n all... i juz want to know hw much does this cost to repair the wifi adapter

warranty void due to change of kernel and rom? Its silly dude..
    You can simply get back to the official rom and kernel.. U can also unroot and reset the binary counter..

No way samsung guys can find these..do it..
    Or you have spend about 9000-10000 !!... As the thing to be replaced is not wifi adapter, its the board..

Hi,

anyone know how to restore my S2 to factory firmware? (unrooted etc) i need to give it into service centre and want it in the original state?

Thanks in advance.

a5ian300zx

flash any stock firmware using odin and you will lose root.. if you think the samsung service center guys in your area is smart enough, then do care to reset the binary counter(if it has increased).. and regarding TB, yes i think so... but not sure..