Any good and 100% working method to manually restore lost or corrupted IMEI?

Search This thread

Belbol

Oct 24, 2012
Mersin
Hi:

We all know the lost IMEI problems if many of Galaxy's devices , but i just want to know that if there a good and 100% working method for all Galaxy phones that i can manually inter the IMEI on the back of the phone and fix it??

k-semler

Jan 6, 2009
Pullman WA
ِAha , i heared about that box , but is there any other way that i can do it without a box?? meaning with the USB only?

If you have a backup of your EFS partition, yes. You can use ADB and push the *.img file to your handset. Short of that, there really isn't a way to do it with ODIN or with ADB. If you don't have a backup of your EFS partition, you're pretty well screwed.

Reactions: Belbol

Belbol

Oct 24, 2012
Mersin
If you have a backup of your EFS partition, yes. You can use ADB and push the *.img file to your handset. Short of that, there really isn't a way to do it with ODIN or with ADB. If you don't have a backup of your EFS partition, you're pretty well screwed.

Ok , thank for answer.

But the strange thing that i have a working Galaxy Ace and when i enter the efs file i see that it's empty! so where is the IMEI files?

dxppxd

Feb 6, 2012
Ok , thank for answer.

But the strange thing that i have a working Galaxy Ace and when i enter the efs file i see that it's empty! so where is the IMEI files?

Diferent phone the galaxy ace. The efs partition is hidden (stl5 mountpoint), and that's a good thing because you can mess it up by making it vissible and/or attempting to copy it (you have to be EXTRA careful with your adb kung fu so you don't screw it up).

The upside is that it practically can't be accidentally ruined during a rom or other random flash, unlike its galaxy s2 and s3 cousins.

Belbol

Oct 24, 2012
Mersin
Are u rooted and using a root file manager?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Yes , and i checked the choise to view he hidden files , and still empty.

Diferent phone the galaxy ace. The efs partition is hidden (stl5 mountpoint), and that's a good thing because you can mess it up by making it vissible and/or attempting to copy it (you have to be EXTRA careful with your adb kung fu so you don't screw it up).

The upside is that it practically can't be accidentally ruined during a rom or other random flash, unlike its galaxy s2 and s3 cousins.

So you mean hidden like windows hidden files? or In other dir?

dxppxd

Feb 6, 2012
So you mean hidden like windows hidden files? or In other dir?

I mean hidden not like windows. The partition that holds efs files is not accesible unless you mount it to a specific directory. Not even root explorer and show hidden files will help you find it.

Use google, use the galaxy ace forum right her in xda if you need more details. Its the stl5 mountpoint, and not recommended to try and access it.

Reactions: Belbol

Top Liked Posts