Ask Samsung for Exynos sources (Marvell inside)

Do we really need some nice custom ROMs like CyanogenMod for our device?

• No, it's better to keep the device as it is now!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

bangdes

Jun 16, 2013
Let's leave Tab 3 with Marvell and Vivante... Coming up Tab 4 7 powered by Snapdragon MSM-8926 and Adreno 305, this device is possible to port in Cyanogenmod. Yay!!:cowboy:

calden74

Sep 24, 2011
I still wouldn't sell mine. Its really portable imo, cause if I shatter the glass its literally $20 to fix it compared to my nexus 2012 on average $150. So some pros there.

Plus, when I had an optimus g, I waited so long to get cm, I decided to sell it after 6 months. A couple weeks later it finally got cm on the phone and I wished I still had it lol

Sent from my SM-T217S using xda app-developers app

Where did you look for the Nexus 7 v12 replacement glass, I bought one for 25 dollars on eBay, costs between 50 - 80 if you buy from Amazon.

creep138

Apr 21, 2011
clearwater
Where did you look for the Nexus 7 v12 replacement glass, I bought one for 25 dollars on eBay, costs between 50 - 80 if you buy from Amazon.

To replace the glass is cheap, I'm talking with the LCD combo cause I don't wanna deal with that glue lol. Plus, its been a while since I've checked on it, it could have went down in price with v13 out

Sent from my SM-T217S using XDA Free mobile app

calden74

Sep 24, 2011
Any Estimation when we will get CM???

Between never and not going to happen, no, just kidding. In a all seriousness though, I don't think it will ever happen, in the future I would really consider paying a little more and buy a tablet that's not only interesting too developers but isn't so, what's the word, crappy. The new Tab 4 7 is what the Tab 3 7 should have been a year ago but at a price of 200 dollars for the Tab 4 7 you would be still better served with another tablet. Samsung only uses the absolute bare minimum for their low end tablets that the market will stand. A Nexus 7 has so many custom Roms that it will make your head spin, something a Tab 3 or 4 7 will never have. Not only that but you will always have to wait at least 6 to 8 months for an update, even then you can only expect to get a maximum of 3 updates before Samsung disavows any knowledge of your tablet. The Tab line of tablets just isn't worth the frustration, spend the extra money and either buy a Pro or Note if you want a Samsung tablet or If your budget can't handle the extra expendure then buy a Nexus 7, EVGA Note 7 or Kindle 7 HDX. All but the EVGA has 2GB of RAM, faster CPU, especially the Kindle which has one of the fastest CPU's available, 1080p resolution, etc. for the same price as the Tab 4 7. The EVGA Note 7 though has an active digitizer pen, Nvidia Tegra 4, built in HDMI and only costs 180 dollars. Why a person would buy a Tab 4 7 absolutely alludes me, I think maybe Samsung is just cashing in on the ignorance of it's users and the effectiveness of their marketing campaign.

Last edited:

misaht

May 2, 2014
Between never and not going to happen, no, just kidding. In a all seriousness though, I don't think it will ever happen, in the future I would really consider paying a little more and buy a tablet that's not only interesting too developers but isn't so, what's the word, crappy. The new Tab 4 7 is what the Tab 3 7 should have been a year ago but at a price of 200 dollars for the Tab 4 7 you would be still better served with another tablet. Samsung only uses the absolute bare minimum for their low end tablets that the market will stand. A Nexus 7 has so many custom Roms that it will make your head spin, something a Tab 3 or 4 7 will never have. Not only that but you will always have to wait at least 6 to 8 months for an update, even then you can only expect to get a maximum of 3 updates before Samsung disavows any knowledge of your tablet. The Tab line of tablets just isn't worth the frustration, spend the extra money and either buy a Pro or Note if you want a Samsung tablet or If your budget can't handle the extra expendure then buy a Nexus 7, EVGA Note 7 or Kindle 7 HDX. All but the EVGA has 2GB of RAM, faster CPU, especially the Kindle which has one of the fastest CPU's available, 1080p resolution, etc. for the same price as the Tab 4 7. The EVGA Note 7 though has an active digitizer pen, Nvidia Tegra 4, built in HDMI and only costs 180 dollars. Why a person would buy a Tab 4 7 absolutely alludes me, I think maybe Samsung is just cashing in on the ignorance of it's users and the effectiveness of their marketing campaign.

Thanx man. For this info

jirousbh

Jun 16, 2014
Samsung SM-T21x Marvell PXA988 kernel modules

Hello Everyone.
I'm new on this forum and I started to try port GALAXY TAB 3 7.0 (codename lt023g) and found this repo below:

github . com / kumajaya / android_kernel_samsung_lt02_modules

Can someone more advanced check if this repo can help us????

M

moonbutt74

hmmm

cal,

the nexus tabs have no external storage - major fail - questionable as a design move. i've read the rationale as to why
and it doesn't add up. chalk it up to a dumbed down consumer culture maybe...
my galaxy tabs are cheap yes, but also ridiculously flexible/versitile and have largely replaced my pc
for doing things i should and probably shouldn't be doing. i live the life of someone who has to settle and or make due
with what's within reach. none of these corporations will get more of my money than is necessary.

a great deal of roms cm/aosp/aokp etc seem to be little more than cosmetic changes with borrowed ideas
incorporated into them, a steady and consistant effort in rooting, disengaging manufacturer fingerholds and all around
sculpting of your operating system more often than not yields superior results, so i don't see rom availability as being
a reliable selling point except if your a hardcore gamer first and foremost. that's a different beast.

none of the above is meant to take away from samsung's reckless model. but, these devices in the right hands
(that's right, i said it) are fairly solid. i will say my tab 2 7.0 completely blows away my t210r and p5210....
which is strange but, eh.

m

jirousbh

Jun 16, 2014
Hello Everyone.
I'm new on this forum and I started to try port GALAXY TAB 3 7.0 (codename lt023g) and found this repo below:

Guys.
Lets focus in what really matters? :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using XDA Free mobile app

T3snake

Dec 27, 2013
Vadodara
Hello Everyone.

Hes the guy who made the awesome blackhawk kernel and helped in getting us a cwm/root and many other things

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We all know that we need the source code to build a working ROM (like CyanogenMod).
    So, please, keep pushing Marvell to release it, because ROM development for this tablet can't go forward as it is now.

Link to request sources: http://www.marvell.com/support/contact/cust_support.do

How to compile the form:
    Code:
    [B]First name[/B]|Put your name
    [B]Last name[/B]|Put your surname
    [B]Email[/B]|Put your email address
    [B]Company[/B]|Leave blank
    [B]Country[/B]|Select your country
    [B]Please select the category you need support for:[/B]|Select "Cellular"
    [B]Product[/B]|Type "Samsung Galaxy TAB 3 7.0"
    [B]Question[/B]

Sample 1.
    [HIDE]
    Hi!
    I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy TAB 3 7.0 and I wanted to install a custom ROM on it.
    But source code is missing for Marvell PXA988 chipset and no one can build a working ROM.
    Can you release source code for your chipset, so  developers can improve our device?
    Thanks in advance
    (your name)
    [/HIDE]

Sample 2.
    [HIDE]
    Dear Marvell,

I bought a Samsung Galaxy TAB 3 7.0 and I'm happy with it, but I will be more if developers are able to build custom ROMs for this device.
    They really need Sources for your Marvell PXA988 chipset, because without them they can't go forward.
    Please, release them, and they will make this device go fast as double as it is now.

Regards,
    A Marvell-powered device user
    [/HIDE]

Old:

Link to request sources: http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=inquiryView

How to compile the form:
    Code:
    [B]Requester[/B]|Put your name
    [B]ID (E-mail)[/B]|Put your email address
    [B]Country[/B]|Select your country
    [B]Inquiry Type[/B]|Select "Request for Source Codes
    [B]Model Type[/B]|Type "Samsung Galaxy TAB 3 7.0"
    [B]Message[/B]

Dear Samsung,

Developers really need Sources for this device, because without them they can't go forward and build custom ROMs.
    Why I decided to buy Samsung? Because it's familiar with CyanogenMod & AOSP!
    Please, release it, and we will make this device go fast as double as it is now.

Regards,
    A Samsung user

SPAM EVERYWHERE (on Facebook & Twitter - Samsung page)

Thanks in advance to all,
    Davide

Credits:
    ketut.kumajaya
    bangdes
    Kernel source from Samsung is sufficient. We need Vivante GC1000 Android gralloc and hwc implementation from Marvell/Samsung. As I said before, KitKat port too ambitious, JellyBean is better option. You guys too frustrate, create a lot of placeholder in development area without any content. Better sell your device to ordinary user and switch to known supported device, sorry.
    Should we send u Tab 3 7 as a gift, for developed in CM? :D
    No. Even Marvell Chief Executive Officer/founder was born in Indonesia, Marvell in general not too friendly to open source world :laugh:
    Marvell's engineer told me to ask Samsung for sources. ;)
    They don't have them.

Are they just trying to keep them from you lol? It seems like you are always being redirected :)