Advice Needed

Search This thread

leodigi

Jun 12, 2014
Hi forum, how's everyone doing!

I have just joined this forum today in hope that you would be able to give me some advice.

My name is Leo Santoro I am from Greater London England 24, and I am electric wheelchair bound as I have a muscle weakness disability called SMA. I have 24/7 care assistants.

Unfortunately over the past three years my disability has become worse and therefore I am unable to type apart from one hand via the iphone.

My father comes from a computer software background he learnt parts of programming language C because of the system he was using for his job was very bespoke.

He never taught me programming as a kid because my mother and father encouraged me to go out and play and not be stuck on the computer as with my disability going back 20 years doctors were not sure how long I would live.

Although growing up through school and college I aced my computer and media courses, where 2 years ago I graduated with a masters degree in digital marketing.

in this course although we learnt about marketing Apps, websites, and social media we never worked on the development of program's/apps.

Currently I find life very hard as I have been ill for a while and quite house-bound. I have all these amazing ideas for apps but do not know where I can start as having a disability makes me unable to work, therefore I have limited funding.

Sorry for the long spray of my life but I think it might help you answer my questions.

1. Is it to late to start learning an app development programming language to produce my own apps?

2. Based on the previous Q if yes … how do I start ? if no where can I put my ideas into action?

3. if everything is a no no no.. what do you all think is the best place to use my skills of digital marketing in a home-based potential job?

Cheers Leo,

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
Hi forum, how's everyone doing!

I have just joined this forum today in hope that you would be able to give me some advice.

My name is Leo Santoro I am from Greater London England 24, and I am electric wheelchair bound as I have a muscle weakness disability called SMA. I have 24/7 care assistants.

Unfortunately over the past three years my disability has become worse and therefore I am unable to type apart from one hand via the iphone.

My father comes from a computer software background he learnt parts of programming language C because of the system he was using for his job was very bespoke.

He never taught me programming as a kid because my mother and father encouraged me to go out and play and not be stuck on the computer as with my disability going back 20 years doctors were not sure how long I would live.

Although growing up through school and college I aced my computer and media courses, where 2 years ago I graduated with a masters degree in digital marketing.

in this course although we learnt about marketing Apps, websites, and social media we never worked on the development of program's/apps.

Currently I find life very hard as I have been ill for a while and quite house-bound. I have all these amazing ideas for apps but do not know where I can start as having a disability makes me unable to work, therefore I have limited funding.

Sorry for the long spray of my life but I think it might help you answer my questions.

1. Is it to late to start learning an app development programming language to produce my own apps?

2. Based on the previous Q if yes … how do I start ? if no where can I put my ideas into action?

3. if everything is a no no no.. what do you all think is the best place to use my skills of digital marketing in a home-based potential job?

Cheers Leo,

Welcome to XDA leo! Honestly, making apps can be pretty easy once you have learned a little java (a little html does not hurt) here and there, i would recommend starting here http://www.codecademy.com/ once you get a little used to some of that just browse around here for some of the magnificent guides XDA has to offer!