Does the Samsung LAN/USB Hub ET-UP900 work?

Search This thread

burningstep

Oct 19, 2013
Hi @ all

Does anyone knows, if the original Samsung LAN/USB Hub ET-UP900 will work with this tablet? Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to post a link.

I'd like to fit the tablet into my car, use the two usb-ports for sound-out and external hard-disk, use the micro-usb for charging the tablet while using the usb-ports at the same time. LAN port not needed.

Does this work?

Greetings from Switzerland
Patrick

Marshall1975

Nov 21, 2009
Lincoln / Taif
I have just checked on the Samsung German site and when you select our model of tablet it comes up and says not compatible. Although I personally would take that with a pinch of salt. Shame it was not a little cheaper then I would just buy it and try it lol.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

Also looking at the specs closer it is for use on the Note Pro so there is absolutely no reason why it would not work.

burningstep

Oct 19, 2013
Assuming that too, but too risky to buy the tablet and the hub if something won't work after all... :rolleyes:
So I'm hoping that anyone is able to check it out.

Last edited:

atonal

May 21, 2012
Assuming that too, but too risky to buy the tablet and the hub if something won't work after all... :rolleyes:
So I'm hoping that anyone is able to check it out.

So, guys, after a few tries with other devices like Multimedia Dock......cause i can't believe, that its not possible to use usb and charge at the same time, and ALL other devices definitely Don't work, I buy this at conrad electronic in munich, cause there I know, I can bring it back, and get money back, if it doesn't fit......and, I wonder very very much.....it works.....but I only tested usb and charge....and device check it as a usb connector....thats important.....I dont know why, but multimedia dock won't work, it doesn't be shown as a dock, no charging. ....but it works with note 3.....strange.....but now im looking for a way to connect it to LAN. If I connect it, nothing happens, no internet connection.....how it will work on pro? An app needed? Cause in settings are no options to configure a Lan Connection......I think, you will need ipv4 settings for.....or it is done very simple and there is a simple script in the firmware of pro devices? Anyone knows? Im searching the internet, but found nothing about......

Ah....and the reason for searching this device is: if you want to use a bluetooth keyboard, you'll have problema with bluetooth connection all the time....I figure out, pairing it new every time is better.....but at this device, wlan an bluetooth must be going over the same modem or hardware, cause if you use both, wlan and bluetooth for keyboard, you got massive trouble with internet connection and sometimes you cant connect to your access point.....really ****.....I try an usb keyboard , wireless from Microsoft with pad....and this works perfect. ...but then, you can't charge anymore.....with any hubs or something, no chance, and all older devices wont work.....damned.....does anyone have a solution for the bluetooth trouble? I try the bluetooth fix apps also,they help a but for bluetooth problems but not for the wlan disaster....whats the reason for ? The radio?......wil be happy for any answers.....

dt33

Apr 11, 2010
After seen the spec and it probably wont work. ET-UP900 need USB 3.0 port and Note 2014 only have USB 2.0 port. Maybe some kind of USB 3 to USB 2 adapter might work.

DeBoX

Jul 26, 2010
I'm thinking it's more of an issue with drivers or kernel ....

That's why I'd love to hear from someone with KK installed

SGH-i200

Aug 31, 2009
Sony Xperia XZ1
Google Pixel 2
Last edited:

DeBoX

Jul 26, 2010
thanks mate!

Really hope the info is legit

considering on ordering one now

Will let you know form firsthand exp when I get it

D

DeBoX

Jul 26, 2010
Just got my brand new official Samsung USB lan/Hub. And..... it doesn't work. The usb part of it seems to wok ok, but it doesn't detect ethernet. The user manual wants me to go into the settings --> more networks-- Ethernet connections... BUT I have no such setting :(

planing on playing around for a little while longer, but sorry to say lads, it doesn't seem to work.

suggestions?

Last edited:

DeBoX

Jul 26, 2010
Seems that I atleast have hit a wall with regards to getting this to work. Anyone have any bright ideas? or dark ideas for that mater??

Anyone actually managed to get this to work?

atonal

May 21, 2012
Ok, guys.....i think, you mean the adapter for Note pro? I got it, and it works. .... first, i bought this, cause it was the only USB adapter, that charge and using usb at the same time with p600........... and then i try to get Ethernet work. ...... the thing is, you have to know some things about ip4 connections, this is a kind different to wifi connections. ...... but i can offer you good news, the adapter works. The thing is, the firmware of p600/605 isn't modified to say the apps, they can connect to Internet with ethernet. ..
With the Adapter, the connection works, if you look to your router, you will find your device in Lan network. ......
What you need, are two things. ..... first, the app "ethernet" from play store (need root), that gives your device the right ip address, subnet mask and the gateway. .... (you don't have to do anything, just start the app, and press "enable")...... and the second one ist xposed framework and the module "hack connectivity", this little tool will say all apps to listen also to Ethernet Routing, not only wifi....... for me, this ,works like a charm, if i come to office, i plug the adapter in, with a wireless keyboard usb plug, Lan connected and also a cable to charge my note 3........ than i just enable the ethernet app, and change keyboard to my own for external keys (external keyboard helper), and that's all, so i have Lan Internet (4 times faster than wifi), have connection to my pc, and a external keyboard and mouse. ..... that's perfect. ....
If I'm finished, i plug the adapter off, and disable ethernet app, it changes automatically to wifi. ........

For generally information : Android already have ethernet drivers enabled from source, also in Samsung firmware, eth0 is working, the thing is, the apps are just programmed to listen to Wifi only. ....... don't know why, cause it's just one simple parser line to get this working.....
OK, on a mobile, it's not so interesting to havea Lan connection, but on a tablet, this will really good and fast. ....
Try this and habe fun. ... but i don't understand, why Samsung have the pins of the 10.1 204 so stupid organized, that all docking stations and usb adapters don't work with charging and usb at same time. .... the note 3 Multimedia Dock will not be detected as a dock. ....... that's so stupid. ....... shame on Samsung. ... if this was my company, i will fire the engineers at the same day if they make such a ****..........

Gesendet von meinem SM-P600 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Jaytronics

Jaytronics

Ok, guys.....i think, you mean the adapter for Note pro? I got it, and it works. .... first, i bought this, cause it was the only USB adapter, that charge and using usb at the same time with p600........... and then i try to get Ethernet work. ...... the thing is, you have to know some things about ip4 connections, this is a kind different to wifi connections. ...... but i can offer you good news, the adapter works. The thing is, the firmware of p600/605 isn't modified to say the apps, they can connect to Internet with ethernet. ..
With the Adapter, the connection works, if you look to your router, you will find your device in Lan network. ......
What you need, are two things. ..... first, the app "ethernet" from play store (need root), that gives your device the right ip address, subnet mask and the gateway. .... (you don't have to do anything, just start the app, and press "enable")...... and the second one ist xposed framework and the module "hack connectivity", this little tool will say all apps to listen also to Ethernet Routing, not only wifi....... for me, this ,works like a charm, if i come to office, i plug the adapter in, with a wireless keyboard usb plug, Lan connected and also a cable to charge my note 3........ than i just enable the ethernet app, and change keyboard to my own for external keys (external keyboard helper), and that's all, so i have Lan Internet (4 times faster than wifi), have connection to my pc, and a external keyboard and mouse. ..... that's perfect. ....
If I'm finished, i plug the adapter off, and disable ethernet app, it changes automatically to wifi. ........

For generally information : Android already have ethernet drivers enabled from source, also in Samsung firmware, eth0 is working, the thing is, the apps are just programmed to listen to Wifi only. ....... don't know why, cause it's just one simple parser line to get this working.....
OK, on a mobile, it's not so interesting to havea Lan connection, but on a tablet, this will really good and fast. ....
Try this and habe fun. ... but i don't understand, why Samsung have the pins of the 10.1 204 so stupid organized, that all docking stations and usb adapters don't work with charging and usb at same time. .... the note 3 Multimedia Dock will not be detected as a dock. ....... that's so stupid. ....... shame on Samsung. ... if this was my company, i will fire the engineers at the same day if they make such a ****..........

Could you post a model number for the Note Pro adapter? I have been looking through Google and went to the Samsung site. I can not find it.

Sent from my SM-N900V

5512gagaxy

Feb 4, 2015
where can I find the module: hack connectivity?

Hallo Jaytronics
What you need, are two things. ..... first, the app "ethernet" from play store (need root), that gives your device the right ip address, subnet mask and the gateway. .... (you don't have to do anything, just start the app, and press "enable")...... and the second one ist xposed framework and the module "hack connectivity", this little tool will say all apps to listen also to Ethernet Routing, not only wifi.......

I was wondering, where I can find the modul: hack connectivity? I was locking on the modules... I did not found it.... Can you tell me where it is...? and its exact name?

pi_dev

Oct 17, 2014
I got this ET-UP900 adapter working with a SM-C115 by compiling a custom kernel. If you add the right drivers you can probably run use it with most devices.

During the build process of the kernel you run "make menuconfig". Here you select "Device Drivers" > "Network Device Support" > "USB Network Adapters". Include the "Multi-purpose USB Networking Framework" and "SMSC LAN95XX base USB 2.0 10/100 ethernet devices". If you add those as module you got to load them with "insmod mii.ko; insmod usbnet.ko; insmod smsc95xx.ko" in this order.

My current problem with this is that the device is not carging through the adapater. I guess there is another driver or option missing but I am still looking into this.

Last edited:

jdean2k6

Mar 20, 2010
Kingston

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10" P5200. I don't want to go buying this adapter and its not compatible with it so do you think it can work?

5512gagaxy

Feb 4, 2015
Hi atonal
Thanks for you information!!!
I have some Questions:

I tried all of this buttons, but... nothing... Perhabs I have the false Module???
Can you send me an Link, where I could download the-you-mentioned-Modul???

first, the app "ethernet" from play store (need root), that gives your device the right ip address, subnet mask and the gateway. .... (you don't have to do anything, just start the app, and press "enable")
a) Ethernet app is funcioning! Super

...... and the second one ist xposed framework and the module "hack connectivity", this little tool will say all apps to listen also to Ethernet Routing, not only wifi....... for me, this ,works like a charm...

b) hack connectivity ("Service, 1.4"? I gues?)
The modul showes me three categories:
Refresh-> Refresh-button
Hack-> Wifi, Mobile and Desactivate-Button
traces->Activatea and Desactivate-Button

Perhabs you know somebody who could know how to change the source or direct in the app the connetcion-way??
Once more Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.