[Q&A][VivoKat][4.4.4]VivoKat Questions & Answers

Search This thread

quentin2260

Dec 17, 2010
Paris
Hello !
One question : How to free up/cleaning space system ROM ?

Overview tab of Titanium back :
System ROM : 575 MB (7.40 MB free)
Internal : 1.21 GB (192 MB free)
SD Card : 15.8 GB (6.65 GB free)

I use Micro modular package (~175MB) from OFFICIAL Up-to-Date PA-GOOGLE APPS.
So, now I cannot update app like Google Chrome and others via Play store.
How can I free up space in system ROM ?

Thanks you !

Last edited:

MarsBlessed

Sep 26, 2014
Hello !
One question : How to free up/cleaning space system ROM ?

Overview tab of Titanium back :
System ROM : 575 MB (7.40 MB free)
Internal : 1.21 GB (192 MB free)
SD Card : 15.8 GB (6.65 GB free)

I use Micro modular package (~175MB) from OFFICIAL Up-to-Date PA-GOOGLE APPS.
So, now I cannot update app like Google Chrome and others via Play store.
How can I free up space in system ROM ?

Thanks you !

Just don't use the internal storage for the system - DataOnExt will help you.

MarsBlessed

Sep 26, 2014
Thanks for reply but can you help me with DataOnExt please ? Can you explain me how to use it ?

It's easy: take the boot.img, extract ramdisk-data from it using android-kitchen, change the mount-source for the /data in the fstab-file, put the modified file back into the boot.img using android-kitchen, flash the boot.img into your phone, reboot the phone, and it's done! :)

or simply ask someone like me to share the modified boot.img with you (but you'll have to trust me if you can't use android-kitchen to check whether I rebuilt the whole kernel or just modified a single file)

oh, I forgot to mention that an ext4-partition should be created on your sd-card (as second partition) of any size you want but bigger than 2GB (there is no point to make it less than that) which will be your new system partition

Last edited:

quentin2260

Dec 17, 2010
Paris
I free up space in system ROM by converting apps system like appolo ans Google now launcher into user apps with titanium backup.

MarsBlessed

Sep 26, 2014
I free up space in system ROM by converting apps system like appolo ans Google now launcher into user apps with titanium backup.

It's a bad solution because it's temporary. Rather sooner than later you will have to use DataOnExt - it's unavoidable. So, I would recommend you to start exploring android-kitchen - it's a set of unix-scripts to do a lot of things with a ROM but the main use of it for me is to modify the ram-disk of a boot.img. All the other things are interesting too but they could have some undesirable side effects.

Last edited:

quentin2260

Dec 17, 2010
Paris
Yes absolutely. But i have problem i can use fastboot in order to flash boot.img because fastboot doesnt reconize my phone. So can i use method without using fasboot?

MarsBlessed

Sep 26, 2014
Yes absolutely. But i have problem i can use fastboot in order to flash boot.img because fastboot doesnt reconize my phone. So can i use method without using fasboot?

As far as I can see, you can always put a boot.img into the ROM zip-file and it will make the job done for you (although, you will have to reinstall the whole ROM instead of just flashing the boot)

quentin2260

Dec 17, 2010
Paris
I can use fastboot on my friend's PC. I don't need to reinstall whole ROM if i flash boot.img in fastboot? So if i send you my boot.img can you make the job for me? Thank you so much !

MarsBlessed

Sep 26, 2014
I can use fastboot on my friend's PC. I don't need to reinstall whole ROM if i flash boot.img in fastboot? So if i send you my boot.img can you make the job for me? Thank you so much !

Yes, I can, no problem but don't forget about this:

oh, I forgot to mention that an ext4-partition should be created on your sd-card (as second partition) of any size you want but bigger than 2GB (there is no point to make it less than that) which will be your new system partition

which you can do using gparted-live

and one more thing - I did it for the first time using the whole reinstall of the rom. Just remember that when you put this kernel into your phone, the system partition will be on your sd-card and it will be empty!

Last edited:

Faisal_khan

Aug 2, 2014
Nagpur
Pass through and Mass USB Storage

Alright, I have been using this ROM past 2 days and boy, I am in love with this. But I am wondering why the highlighted feature of an HTC i.e. the Interent pass-through is not working on this ROM? When I connect my Incredible S to the PC it never prompts me to connect as a mass storage or pass through and the rest stuff. Is this a drawback of this ROM or, the CyanogenMod don't support these functions, eh?

Last edited:

atti_simon

Feb 13, 2013
Dictionary files

Hi guys!

Awesome ROM!
I was searching for addon dictionary files for the AOSP Keyboard for Hungarian and Romanian but I can't seem to find anything.
I would like to add spell-checking for these 2 languages on VivoKat.

Could somebody help/guide me?

Thanks!

zizou_cr

Oct 22, 2009
Hi people!,

After many weeks, I revive my dear HTC InS, (I changed battery, the usb port..), then now I want to install new version of VivoKat ROM from Lord Master @szezso, but could you please help me with the new version of:
TWRP or the latest 4ext Touch Recovery

bobsteranian

Apr 25, 2014
I need help.

Guys, i love this rom it was my daily driver untill i got excited and i installed a zip file for an screen nav bar, i by mistakenly installed the wrong one on by device, when i reboot it, it got is stuck on the HTC logo screen, so i searched and searched i couldn't find any one else with the same problem most of them were asking to install the stock rom which will fix it so i thought to go with it for now and found this for my phone (http://androidruu.com/getdownload.p...33U_3831.18.00.11_M_release_266013_signed.exe) i downloaded it but i dont know how to install it, and guys if there is a way other than this please share it with me i want my old phone back
THANKS IN ADVANCE :)

Jan 5, 2013
Guys, i love this rom it was my daily driver untill i got excited and i installed a zip file for an screen nav bar, i by mistakenly installed the wrong one on by device, when i reboot it, it got is stuck on the HTC logo screen, so i searched and searched i couldn't find any one else with the same problem most of them were asking to install the stock rom which will fix it so i thought to go with it for now and found this for my phone (http://androidruu.com/getdownload.p...33U_3831.18.00.11_M_release_266013_signed.exe) i downloaded it but i dont know how to install it, and guys if there is a way other than this please share it with me i want my old phone back
THANKS IN ADVANCE :)

Just boot into bootloader, go to recovery and then reflash the vivokat ROM. If you're S-ON, flash boot.img in fastboot

bobsteranian

Apr 25, 2014
Just boot into bootloader, go to recovery and then reflash the vivokat ROM. If you're S-ON, flash boot.img in fastboot

Ok i will try that, but how is it possible that my device went back to s-on before it was s-offed, i will use fastboot to make my phone run for now can u tell me how i can get back to s-off?
EDIT: Ok i tried but it's giving me an error saying FAILED(remote: not allowed) And i dont have any file in my sd card(it's empty not even a single file) is that the reason off all this problem. I dont even have any backup of my phone. :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created for Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting[/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]VivoKat 4.4.4[/SIZE]
    qYBKXJG.jpg

For the HTC Incredible S

Click link here>> [DEV][ROM][CM11][4.4.4][KTU84Q]VivoKat[ION][20/09/2014] <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It's always best to thank a ROM OP in lieu of simply posting "thankyou".
    z7e6jQa.jpg

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
    z7e6jQa.jpg
    Now the WiFi issues seems to be fixed, but I've messed up my headers, so it has genlock errors... :D Rebuilding... :p
    Hi !

is there a solution/method to keep on home screen icons of apps or games installed on SDcard ? Indeed, these icons disappear from home screen :(

No, this is an Android, I have this on my Express also. May, if you Force close the Launcher3, your icons will appear again.

RmatriX1218: Okay, ehm, to fix the video recording, we need to include the latest msm/video drivers from CAF. If I include that, I need to include the latest ion and GPU drivers also. But, with the latest GPU drivers, our MDDI screen doesn't work, because they've pulled out the support of it. So, I have to solve this somehow, I'm working on this for a week now... The only thing, what I've got was a blank screen. :( But I didn't give it up...
    @szezso
    At present you are working hard mainly for two fronts
    1. Making ION kernel compatible with CM11 ROM on our legacy device
    2. Shroting out CM11 issues on our device which are also faced by other latest devices on CM11. So, you are working on behalf of CM team.

My suggestion,
    Isn't it worth to wait for CM team and other developers to solve of CM11 related issue to make it stable ROM before starting implementing on our legacy device.
    Meanwhile, with less effort you can concentrate either CM10.x ROM to make it rock stable and may be compatible with ION kernel.

We all know how much efforts you are putting in solving CM11 bugs and ION kernel. But without success could be frustrating and even tasting success at lower CM10.x version could be quite pleasant experience and victory for IncS community considering a legacy device :)

I think, for CM10.x we should use PMEM, still with that, we won't have any problems. :) If someone could help me, what bugs should be fixed in the CM10.x ROMs, I'll take a shot... But I'll also roll out another KitKat ROM soon...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Express GT-I8730
    Let's begin the fun! :)