[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Search This thread

kachihayabi

Nov 24, 2009
Nantes
Hello Everybody,

First, thank you to read and spend some time on my BT problem.

I'm sad to read that "we have 0 devs left for RAPH" because my HTC TOUCH PRO is my current phone and "GBX0B distribution" is very pleasant.

BT doesn't work so well, and we have 0 devs left for RAPH.

Post logs, and hope. Not sure if it'll ever get fixed tho.

As arrrghhh asked, here are the LOG files I could produce with getLogs tool ; follow this link = "h t t p : / / d l . f r e e . f r / h 3 x U J u O r 8" (you MUST erase ALL blanks).

Thank you arrrghhh for the time you'll spend for me.

Best regards.

Now I'm praying ...

P.S. : First file "data1" was generated after booting AND before any call. Second file "data2" was generated after a call was done with Samsung BT headset.

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Hello Everybody,

First, thank you to read and spend some time on my BT problem.

I'm sad to read that "we have 0 devs left for RAPH" because my HTC TOUCH PRO is my current phone and "GBX0B distribution" is very pleasant.

What do you want? The device is beyond ancient at this point...

As arrrghhh asked, here are the LOG files I could produce with getLogs tool ; follow this link = "h t t p : / / d l . f r e e . f r / h 3 x U J u O r 8" (you MUST erase ALL blanks).

Please use pastebin.com next time... This is kinda ridiculous.

kachihayabi

Nov 24, 2009
Nantes
I did not know PASTEBIN! Now I do.

Please use pastebin.com ...

data1 = h t t p : / / pastebin.com/sys6AXgp
data2 = h t t p : / / pastebin.com/F8xvfz0f

Thank you.

Best regards.

Blanks are because =
The following errors occurred with your submission: To prevent spam to the forums, ALL new users are not permitted to post outside links in their messages. After approximately eight posts, you will be able to post outside links. Thanks for understanding!

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007

Blanks are because =
The following errors occurred with your submission: To prevent spam to the forums, ALL new users are not permitted to post outside links in their messages. After approximately eight posts, you will be able to post outside links. Thanks for understanding!

Yea, I understand that. You don't even have 10 posts mate ;).

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009

Blanks are because =

lol @ "approximately eight posts"

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Hello arrrghhh,

Did you find something (wrong) into the 2 LOG files I gave you?

Thank you for the time you'll spend for me.

Best regards.

I'm not going to lie, I won't know what to do with said logs. I'll try to have a dev look at it sometime, but I don't know if any of them are interested in messing with BT. Someone is going to have to get angry and dedicate a lot of time to fixing BT I'd say.

drugusv

Feb 1, 2009
Chisinau
hi arrrghhh, what version of kernel you using now, i tried htc-msm-linux-20120227_213021-package.tar.bz2 and my device is very hot when battery is charging and when i am use wifi

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
hi arrrghhh, what version of kernel you using now, i tried htc-msm-linux-20120227_213021-package.tar.bz2 and my device is very hot when battery is charging and when i am use wifi

I'd try the newest .27 kernel you can find. It has the new acoustic stuff built in...

.35 might work for RAPH as well, but I'm not sure how well...

drugusv

Feb 1, 2009
Chisinau
thanks for answer.
another question, how i can fix problem with google market (now google play) when i try most of applications i get message: "Your device isn't compatible with this item" how to fix this?

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
thanks for answer.
another question, how i can fix problem with google market (now google play) when i try most of applications i get message: "Your device isn't compatible with this item" how to fix this?

Native devices have this issue as well, and AFAIK if the Market Enabler app doesn't work, then it's usually a build.prop/screen resolution setting. You can try mucking with it, but it honestly might be easier to just side-load whatever app you want. Find the APK, install thru adb/file explorer app/AndroidApps folder.

kachihayabi

Nov 24, 2009
Nantes
I'm not going to lie, I won't know what to do with said logs. I'll try to have a dev look at it sometime, but I don't know if any of them are interested in messing with BT. Someone is going to have to get angry and dedicate a lot of time to fixing BT I'd say.

Hello arrrghhh,

Thank you for your honesty.

I'll try to use my technical knowledge to search a solution by myself.

Where can I find BT sources? How can I know if *.csv files I put at the root of my SC card are used by Android or not? Where can I find exolanations or information on internal structure and design of these csv files?

I'll tell you if I find something ...

Best regards.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Hello arrrghhh,

Thank you for your honesty.

I'll try to use my technical knowledge to search a solution by myself.

Where can I find BT sources? How can I know if *.csv files I put at the root of my SC card are used by Android or not? Where can I find exolanations or information on internal structure and design of these csv files?

I'll tell you if I find something ...

Best regards.

I'm not even sure where you point you for the BT specific files... I'm sure there's a userland and kernel component to BT - and I'm not positive where the actual issue lies. More than likely it's userland.

Either way, like I said all our code is open source. https://gitorious.org/xdandroid/

I also have no clue if there's a guide on how the CSV files work. They were lifted from WinMo, and JB adapted the code to accept the CSV's and use them to configure userland audio routing. Perhaps looking at his tree will help you?

https://gitorious.org/~jbruneaux

Obviously his tree is pretty outdated - all the important stuff from his tree is merged with ours at this point, but perhaps watching the iterations JB went thru will help you learn how the CSV's work... I don't know ;).

detule

Jan 30, 2010
xtra (agps) tester

Any of you good folks want to give this (a)gps lib a try? There is some indication that it could possibly work on your device and the trial process is pretty painless.

Make sure to follow the directions in the post.

If you do try it make sure to post complete GetLogs output with your results.

Also if you could verify your baseband version for me that would be wonderful:

Code:
getprop | grep gsm.version.baseband

Thanks

bryceowen

Jan 4, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Hey everyone. I have a couple questions and I'm not entirely sure my problem doesn't stem from the WinMo ROM I'm using... (Also, I'm using a Raph110 Fuze, if that has any bearing on my problems.)

First, when the touch screen calibration step comes up, I get no indication of it other than the booting appears to stall. When I touch where I think I should (somewhere near the upper left), I'll see the upper right box appear, then part of the center, then part of the lower left then the lower right. The calibration takes, but I don't know how off it is because of the first tap location...

Second, I can't for the life of me get wifi working. I tap to activate it, it shows that it's starting for a few seconds, then it just says 'error' under the wifi checkbox.

I was hoping that I could, at the very least, get wifi working so I could use Skype or Palringo or something since I don't have AT&T any more...

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Hey everyone. I have a couple questions and I'm not entirely sure my problem doesn't stem from the WinMo ROM I'm using... (Also, I'm using a Raph110 Fuze, if that has any bearing on my problems.)

First, when the touch screen calibration step comes up, I get no indication of it other than the booting appears to stall. When I touch where I think I should (somewhere near the upper left), I'll see the upper right box appear, then part of the center, then part of the lower left then the lower right. The calibration takes, but I don't know how off it is because of the first tap location...

Second, I can't for the life of me get wifi working. I tap to activate it, it shows that it's starting for a few seconds, then it just says 'error' under the wifi checkbox.

I was hoping that I could, at the very least, get wifi working so I could use Skype or Palringo or something since I don't have AT&T any more...

Did you follow the calibration steps in the FRX thread? It's quite complex to manually calibrate.

As for wifi, what kernel? .27? Do you have logs? Did you read the FAQ & try the wifi-nvram trick?

As for Skype or Palringo, don't hold your breath. Most older native Android devices struggle to do tasks like this, so don't be surprised if you don't have the horsepower to run a quality call over wifi...

bryceowen

Jan 4, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Did you follow the calibration steps in the FRX thread? It's quite complex to manually calibrate.
No. I tried searching for touch screen calibration problems, but nobody described the problem I'm having. (In fact, when I search the forum for "manual touch screen calibration" now, the post you made just a moment ago is the ONLY result.)
As for wifi, what kernel? .27? Do you have logs? Did you read the FAQ & try the wifi-nvram trick?
It's the ROM on page 1 I just downloaded today. The software itself says kernel version 2.6.27.46. I may have logs, but I'll have to look up how to extract them. I read the FAQs for the various "Android on Fuze" sites and the only thing regarding wifi is "It works." Nothing about a 'wifi-nvram' trick... (Again, searching for that phrase returns your above post...)
As for Skype or Palringo, don't hold your breath. Most older native Android devices struggle to do tasks like this, so don't be surprised if you don't have the horsepower to run a quality call over wifi...
As for horsepower, I know this device isn't exactly the "powerhouse" it once was, but if I can use it for instant messaging or what have you, I'll be happy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey folks,

This is a completely new build, with all the new changes baked in. We wanted to do a semi-official test release to collect bugs and hopefully do a formal official release with everything settled. The main pain point is the CSV files (see pre-install prep).

So a brief overview:

• New acoustic routing code baked in. Should fix most if not all audio routing problems, and will provide more debugging if stuff does go wrong. Also allows for more granular tweaking, see the CSV files.
    • GPS fixes for GB - GPS not only works in GB now, but it doesn't kill sleep! I was able to use GPS, get a solid lock, and put the device to sleep no problem.
    • BT should work & well with the new acoustic code. Post results.
    • RHOD users now have a choice of kernels. .35+ all have the new acoustic - so .35, .39, 3.0 and 3.1 are all fair game now... This is bundled with .27!!
    • Keep in mind, autobuild .27 kernels will produce no audio in this build... Obviously the bundled kernel will work, and the absolute newest .27 autobuild kernel does work now - Feb.27 2012 or newer.
    • rootfs tweaks - first, it will detect which kernel you're on (.27 or .35+) and automatically apply the correct firmware. Second, is it will always copy/extract the modules... failures there were getting annoying, and this is surefire if brute-force...
    • Few Easter egg apk's...
    • Probably a lot I'm forgetting, this might change ;)

Pre-Install Prep REQUIRED!!!

This step is crucial, and I forgot all about it! You must copy all of the *.CSV file from your WinMo ROM - these are in the \Windows\ directory. There's a very easy way to do this. It involves the Total Commander app for WinMo (Direct Link for the perpetually lazy...) (included in EnergyROM and others probably).

Now you're in Total Commander looking at your \Windows\ directory. Whew... lots of files. Fear not! Hit the "CTRL" button, then the green "Plus" button. This opens the Select/Unselect files dialog. Put in *.csv, press "select" and voila. All CSV files are selected. Now - File -> Copy/Move -> I want you to copy these (should be 10) files to the ROOT of your SD card. No folders!!! This is hardset right now, until we get it all implemented into the build properly. Thanks!

Install

Assuming you've done the pre-install prep; this is installed just like the other XDAndroid builds - grab your startup.txt (don't forget rel_path= if you don't have it at the root of the SD!), ts-calibration and boot!

Download
    Caveat List

• CDMA users might get a crash in phone.apk and no service on boot. If waiting doesn't resolve the issue, then reboot. Should come up fine...
    • BT might still be flaky
    • The CSV files from a RAPH100 are attached for the lazy. I'd like to gather CSV's from each RHOD, I'm curious if any ROM devs have changed them out either... This could get interesting. If you folks don't mind, post up your CSV's, point out differences with mine, etc... We're trying to figure out how to unify these, if possible! Thanks!
    Please post back any issues, enjoy!

GBX0C Changelog
    • Camcorder: Now works (tested on rhodium).
    • Acoustic: Bug-fix : correct random loss of dual(rear)-mic.
    • MMS: Bug-fix: Slides with zero duration on Sprint.
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Init/de-init sequence fix (correct gps not starting up after being unchecked in Settings).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: End gps session with a correct rpc call (relevant to amss6125 devices).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Don't send delayed position requests after session has ended (possibly relevant to Navigation issues).
    • Gps: New feature: Xtra (aGPS) -> verified to work on rhodium/cdma raph.
    • X1 specific: Screen rotation patch.
    • Added tytung's GPS injector app to AndroidApps\Other as well as updating/cleaning up some apps in AndroidApps.
    • Modified rootfs for newest apsta firmware & wifi firmware - wifi tethering now works flawlessly in the newest kernels! .27 is still bundled for the record...
    I can also confirm the gsensor problem. Seems GB needs different values! I'll look into it.
    Missing Apps from the Market... (Raph800, etc...)

I believe I addressed this on the first page, but for those of you using the Raph800, not seeing google maps in the market, changing the DPI back to 240 in startup.txt has resolved the problem. After you've downloaded your apps, simply restart with it changed back to 210 :D It fixes the incompatible issue as well.

Now, any luck on the sound fix? I found using the kernels, roofts, and zimage from the GBX0B build with Froyo 7.1 disables the sound their as well. For me, I could hear the person on the other line, they could not however hear me. Ringer and alerts worked fine.
    I do VGA Htc Calibrate. :)

Its possible to edit build that boot without ts-calibration on sdcard?

Yes, I don't see why not. I assume the app can just write the values directly to ts-calib inside the system? I think it's in /data, but I need to look.