[Reference] Droid Incredible 2 GSM Roms, Patches, and Unlocking help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jawmail

Nov 14, 2011
Anyone know if 3g is available on ATT network w/ vivow. I'm currently running an H2O Wireless SIM which is an MVNO that piggybacks the ATT network. I get data but the icon shows E which I'm assuming is EDGE, and it's very slow, like less than 100kbs upload/download speeds. I'm trying to find service cheaper than Verizon.

I'm working with H2O tech support (I use that term lightly) to help configure the APN but nothing seems to give me good data speeds or anything other than EDGE. I'm located in a suburb of Chicago where speeds/signals are good almost everywhere.

Help.

L

LiquidSmokeX64

Anyone know if 3g is available on ATT network w/ vivow. I'm currently running an H2O Wireless SIM which is an MVNO that piggybacks the ATT network. I get data but the icon shows E which I'm assuming is EDGE, and it's very slow, like less than 100kbs upload/download speeds. I'm trying to find service cheaper than Verizon.

I'm working with H2O tech support (I use that term lightly) to help configure the APN but nothing seems to give me good data speeds or anything other than EDGE. I'm located in a suburb of Chicago where speeds/signals are good almost everywhere.

Help.

Dude you seriously need to read before posting, you just killed like 8 million baby otters.
As stated earlier in the thread, you will only get Edge network because the radios are different. If you can't deal with 25 - 30kb/s keep Verizon

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

L

LiquidSmokeX64

No offence but I'm getting tired of answering these same questions over and over. Most anything has been answered by the time you reach this part of the thread

khamsakamal48

Feb 18, 2012
Mumbai
Yes, it works!
I am too from India and is working good on Aircel (GSM)!!!
Look at the screenshots-

Hi all. Well i ll explain my condition. I brought my inc 2 from an Ebay seller and its a gsm unlocked fon. It has zeus 1.3 in it. Really working without any flaws till date. Its been 2 months or so. I am from india. So i hav no use of cdma . I tried MIUI rom but no gsm option in it. Wrote this cause if anyone from india is having any doubts, Better ask it here

Attachments

• 20120417_112258.jpg
    20120417_112258.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 71
  • 20120417_112309.jpg
    20120417_112309.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 59

jawmail

Nov 14, 2011
No offence but I'm getting tired of answering these same questions over and over. Most anything has been answered by the time you reach this part of the thread

No worries, I like the stuff you contribute. You pretty much know your ****e. I'm a semi-Nube and can't remember or understand half the stuff I read.

syl0n

Nov 3, 2010
Does GSM work on official CM7 for the vivow? As in http://get.cm/?device=vivow. Is there a way to completely disable CDMA? I am asking because I am thinking of giving my Incredible 2 to a family member overseas to use as their primary phone and they will have access to 2100Mhz 3G there. But I am running CM7 and prefer to use this.

L

LiquidSmokeX64

Does GSM work on official CM7 for the vivow? As in http://get.cm/?device=vivow. Is there a way to completely disable CDMA? I am asking because I am thinking of giving my Incredible 2 to a family member overseas to use as their primary phone and they will have access to 2100Mhz 3G there. But I am running CM7 and prefer to use this.

Yes, its in the OP as fully working

razerz

Jan 28, 2011
Yes, it works!
I am too from India and is working good on Aircel (GSM)!!!
Look at the screenshots-

Dude Can u post the link from where you downloaded the Rom. And i know it works for Inc S, But for Inc 2? Wow pls forward the link here Dude. I tried Inc HD, Zeus, MiUi And liquid and of all the 4 zeus gives gsm completely. Liquid partially ( thpough weird) provides Gsm.

AlonPurim

Apr 21, 2012
unlocking

I rooted with s-off my inc2 and it's all good

and I can ask a guy with xtc clip tool to unlock it

however, it kind of takes all the phun away from this

I'm trying to find out if there is a phun manual way to do it?

I installed the terminal app and ran "find / -name nv_data.bin" on the whole file system, but found nothing. I searched for all bin files. I tried the same with the adb shell. Apparently, nv_data.bin is for samsung phones only.

any tips on how to manually unlock it?

I rooted with s-off my inc2 and it's all good

and I can ask a guy with xtc clip tool to unlock it

however, it kind of takes all the phun away from this

I'm trying to find out if there is a phun manual way to do it?

I installed the terminal app and ran "find / -name nv_data.bin" on the whole file system, but found nothing. I searched for all bin files. I tried the same with the adb shell. Apparently, nv_data.bin is for samsung phones only.

any tips on how to manually unlock it?

If you can get a clip, do it that way. Much easier, and you don't have to worry about root issues when taking an ota

Swyped From My MikRunny'd Superphone Using TapaTalk 2

L

LiquidSmokeX64

Their link is broke screw it lol

L

LiquidSmokeX64

I say with everything that's broken what's the point anyway? Why not wait for it to be more stabile

khamsakamal48

Feb 18, 2012
Mumbai
MIUI v 2.4.6 for HTC Droid Incredible 2

If you have ever browsed over miui.us then you must have noticed that the last working build for HTC Droid Incredible 2 is either MIUIv1.12.30 or MIUIv1.12.9, but if you browse on

goo.im->miui->vivow

then there are further versions for our device. Hence i downloaded the second last version MIUI v 2.4.6 & I am confirming after using it for a week that it works awesome & flawlessly in GSM.
To make it work on GSM, Download “MIUI.us_vivow_2.4.6_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed_buildbot.zip” from goo.im &
flash the rom & while it boots for the first time u will notice that 'phone.process.com' fc's..so dont panic just connect your mobile to PC & type the following commands-
> adb shell
# su
# sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db 'update secure set value="1" where name="preferred_network_mode"'
# reboot

After the phone reboots, the Force Closes stops, next step is –
Dial *#*#4636#*#* to get into test mode
Go to Phone Information > Set preferred network type: GSM only
Now again connect your mobile to PC & again type the following commands in ADB-
> adb shell
# su
# sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db 'update secure set value="1" where name="preferred_network_mode"'
# reboot

Now GSM works & enjoy the latest version of MIUI for our device.

& yeah if you switch off the phone/reboot...then you are lost in No service mode forever!
I tried wiping caches, but that didn't help!
So, in order to avoid it, before rebooting/switching off the phone, Turn on the Airplane Mode & let the aeroplane icon appear in your status bar.....& now you may either reboot/switch off the phone!
After switching your phone on...just turn off the Airplane mode...and you start receiving signal!!

Dude Can u post the link from where you downloaded the Rom. And i know it works for Inc S, But for Inc 2? Wow pls forward the link here Dude. I tried Inc HD, Zeus, MiUi And liquid and of all the 4 zeus gives gsm completely. Liquid partially ( thpough weird) provides Gsm.

Last edited:

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
try this out guys, a new sense 4 rom for us that supposedly has gsm support, post your results!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1610962

it doesnt support gsm...

i dont like to badmouth or flame other developers (i use developers loosely) but i dont think those guys really know what theyre doing

my best guess is they took virtuous primadonna, and found proxusers sense 4 port guide, and just mixed some stuff up

i know a lot of people like the aroma installer's gui, which is catchy so it that seems like a plus for the rom (i dont use it because its still buggy and doesnt always flash add ons correctly)

these guys dont seem to know anything about the inc2 or cdma phones in general...they just "support" the inc2 because the files where in the primadonna zip...and since the virt guys didnt get a chance to fix inc2 stuff in their rom, its not working in this one

they rationalize gsm data is working because its a port of a gsm rom: false, changes to make it work with cdma only breaks gsm (unless you mod it along the lines of mikrunny like newt did)

their bugs list is wrong in regards to this phone:

Bugs:
WiFi tethering
Camera
Games like Temple Run

those may be the only bugs on the particular phones they have to test on, but not this phone:

additional bugs:

soft key lights
wifi
usb mount
mms
lack of english us as option
settings set for metric/intl
and im sure there are others

and data was originally broken until i told them what to change to get it working

i only bring this little "rant" up because the impression that their op gives, is that their rom is more functional than opensense, and its not at all...they are supporting this device w/o one in hand, and without any real experience...this isnt a jealously post (im the last person who will ever say only run *my* roms) but one of irritation :cool:

L

LiquidSmokeX64

If you have ever browsed over miui.us then you must have noticed that the last working build for HTC Droid Incredible 2 is either MIUIv1.12.30 or MIUIv1.12.9, but if you browse on

goo.im->miui->vivow

then there are further versions for our device. Hence i downloaded the second last version MIUI v 2.4.6 & I am confirming after using it for a week that it works awesome & flawlessly in GSM.
To make it work on GSM, Download “MIUI.us_vivow_2.4.6_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed_buildbot.zip” from goo.im &
flash the rom & while it boots for the first time u will notice that 'phone.process.com' fc's..so dont panic just connect your mobile to PC & type the following commands-
> adb shell
# su
# reboot

After the phone reboots, the Force Closes stops, next step is –
Dial *#*#4636#*#* to get into test mode
Go to Phone Information > Set preferred network type: GSM only
Now again connect your mobile to PC & again type the following commands in ADB-
> adb shell
# su
# reboot

Now GSM works & enjoy the latest version of MIUI for our device.

Side, now that's sweet. I've wanted an updated MIUI for awhile :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    honestly i dont do anything to remove gsm functionality from my roms, but since i use verizon and have no way to test gsm i dont put too much effort into figuring if it works or not in the stuff i do

i realize its an inconvience for those who need global or those not on vzw...but it is what it is
    I need to root three new Dinc 2's so they work on Tmobile. Any suggestions? This thread leads me to believe that there are only buggy roms?

Rooting first (after HBoot downgrade from .98 to .97) for S-OFF and installing a custom ROM for one's own specific needs are done in stages, in addition to getting VZW to unlock the GSM sim card lock(s) to use on other carriers.

It's best to request VZW to lookup & provide you with the code to unlock while you are their customer in good standing (for 90 to 180 days, timeframe varied from various posts) and especially helpful using a stock or near stock SENSE rom. It's difficult to impossible once you terminate your CDMA services with big RED, one of the eBay vendor is reported to be able to generate or lookup the code to unlock this device, for a fee (I've used them in the past, but as a last resort, worth looking into.

There is at least two near stock Sense ROM for rooted phone, debloated & optimized for DI2, RMK's Ginger Sense and andyBones Stock 5.x (with the latest OTA changes incorporated + some nice touches added) that should work on unlocked quadbands used by T-Mo & AT&T (probably needed to change APN & browsing/MMS settings, etc.) - I've used RMK's ROM for a little while and it's smooth & stable, not buggy at all (probably less prone to problems with big Red's own releases, LOL)

Owning 2 rooted DI2 in black & red, one with stock kernel and 2nd. one with OC kernel option, my preferred ROM is SR's Zeus V1.3 on their website (Google for it) CS's Sabotage Sense ROM is based on stock with nice touches, and both reported to work on GSM - all 4 of them (and there are several others out there) will work on voice & SMS, broadband data access will be a little more challenging depending on your mobile carrier's frequncy & radio towers. The DI2 unlocked is likely to give 2.5/3G speed vs. 3.5G (so called T-Mobile 4G speed) unless you can work with their tech. support to configure & setup your data plan to optimize their network handshaking with your device - changing the APN and MMS settings are probably hidden/buried (hopefully not locked.)

My previously unlocked global VZW phones used GSM bands mainly for voice calls, occassional SMS and web browing on the go, but use WiFi whenever possible with default to mobile internet as a backup. As several developers mentioned, it's a challenge for them to test/verify GSM functionality so when possible, it's up to us to beta and report back so that they can try to address the issues.
    try this out guys, a new sense 4 rom for us that supposedly has gsm support, post your results!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1610962

it doesnt support gsm...

i dont like to badmouth or flame other developers (i use developers loosely) but i dont think those guys really know what theyre doing

my best guess is they took virtuous primadonna, and found proxusers sense 4 port guide, and just mixed some stuff up

i know a lot of people like the aroma installer's gui, which is catchy so it that seems like a plus for the rom (i dont use it because its still buggy and doesnt always flash add ons correctly)

these guys dont seem to know anything about the inc2 or cdma phones in general...they just "support" the inc2 because the files where in the primadonna zip...and since the virt guys didnt get a chance to fix inc2 stuff in their rom, its not working in this one

they rationalize gsm data is working because its a port of a gsm rom: false, changes to make it work with cdma only breaks gsm (unless you mod it along the lines of mikrunny like newt did)

their bugs list is wrong in regards to this phone:

Bugs:
    WiFi tethering
    Camera
    Games like Temple Run

those may be the only bugs on the particular phones they have to test on, but not this phone:

additional bugs:

soft key lights
    wifi
    usb mount
    mms
    lack of english us as option
    settings set for metric/intl
    and im sure there are others

and data was originally broken until i told them what to change to get it working

i only bring this little "rant" up because the impression that their op gives, is that their rom is more functional than opensense, and its not at all...they are supporting this device w/o one in hand, and without any real experience...this isnt a jealously post (im the last person who will ever say only run *my* roms) but one of irritation :cool:
    I'm still pretty new to the whole sim card/ gsm area. I recently unlocked my phone and I put in an att sim. I'm using 3G now is that ATT 3G or Verizon still? This is a super serial question so please take it easy on me

What kind of (OEM or stock ?) custom ROM are you running now with this Sim card? Prepaid or postpaid/contract with AT&T as in either cases, you need a data bundle or plan for broadband connectivity - unless you are wirelessly tethered to WiFi only?

When you phone is in standby mode, the home/screen should display what network you are on (Verizonwireless or AT&T) and you should be on the same data network, as the device doesn't split up its voice and data between CDMA and GSM?

Is your 3G indicator on and flashing while you are doing mobile browsing? Go to mobile.speedtest.net and you can confirm your actual d/l and u/l speed . Since carriers have imposed data gaps & charges for going over, you should "monitor" your usage to avoid nasty billing surprises, LOL.

It has been discussed that unlocke DI2 can only get 2G or 2.5G speed on AT&T USA connections only due to band frequencies used and hardware. I have used both T-Mobile & AT&T prepaid Sims in our 2 DI2's and we only get Edge and GPRS speed on the device, which is slow as defined by most users.
    Did u try out tacco root method

sent using htc driod inc 2.
    viperinc htc sence 4