Which color to get?

Search This thread

TPizzle

Mar 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Hey guys, I intend on getting a note soon and my question is, which color should I get? Obviously preference is the answer here but I'm a bit afraid if I get the white one it would inevitably get some markings soon and look disgusting. With that said I do own a white sgs2 which is flawless after owning for many months. But that is because it's under constant protection from a case and screen protector. Can't say I'd do the same to the note. Also the grey looks a bit tacky as opposed to if they had gone with black like the tab (speaking in terms of the bezel only). So any insight on this from owners of both colors? Thanks.

samir_a

May 6, 2012
Mumbai
www.androidos.co.in
I think its your personal preference I chose grey ( i still do not know why it is called that as the back is bluish as S3) over white because its back has that metallic look which I like but anyways it always going to be in a cover so it wont make much of a difference. But like I said its what you see and like

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Yeah, definately personal preference.... I also have grey and it looks good...
If the white case is like the S2 then it will get stained but I have no trouble with marks on my white S3... Still white and looking good....
Personally I prefer the blue s3so I got one of those too but it seems samsung changed the plastics used on the s2 and s3 as the s3 really doesn't seem to stain....
Not sure about the note 10.1 but as it came out after the s3 you'd assume that the materials would be the same as the s3....

sharkeecz

Oct 6, 2012
CZECH
I wanted white first, because grey didn't looks good on pictures, but reality in grey is much more better. I have grey one with original grey bookcase and it looks much more vauleable.
Go for grey!

Last edited:

Kaiser Chief

Nov 10, 2007
grey for me

Grey looks fine less contrast with the screen.
I do like white i own a galaxy note 2 which looks very nice in white same thing for s3 and s2 which i still own.
For the tablet my advice buy grey. It won't get dirty but like I said before the contrast white to black screen makes grey the best choice.

Good luck

Last edited:

megthered

Sep 29, 2012
I have a grey and my son has a grey. I got the grey because I didn't want anyone asking me how I liked my Ipad. But we both keep them in a case so you really cant see the color. I'm sure I would have been put on the Apple lawsuit if I had gotten a white one. You know Apple invented the color white.

mexman2010

Oct 28, 2012
i have white and its very good and untill now i dont have case but i clean my tablet everyday untill my case arrive from china :D

Avantiel

Apr 3, 2012
The white stands out so much. It's beautiful

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 on XDA Premium HD

asdfuogh

Jun 22, 2011
I just got mine yesterday (thank you slickdeals!!). I went for the white one because it looks prettier to me, but the gray actually doesn't look bad in person. In the pictures I saw, gray looked waaaay ugly, but when you hold it in your hand and play with it, it really is kind of a good looking color. Unfortunately, light gray + dark gray is still not as pretty as light gray + white.. so.. there you have it.

samir_a

May 6, 2012
Mumbai
www.androidos.co.in
I personally like the metallic finish the grey has been given though I like white as well but considering the conditions in India where even Taj Mahal has lost its white color I do not think white of note will last it full distance

Jul 17, 2011
Most ppl in this thread suggesting grey colour but in the other thread in general section, if im not mistaken, has been discussing about the built quality between the two colours, and most user report that white unit has significant better built quality over the grey unit.

ttreed07

Jul 10, 2012
I have the grey and love it. I was torn between white and grey but when i caved in and actually went to buy it they only had grey so i went with that. I own a GS3 in the blue and they actually match surprisingly well. i often use them side by side and people always comment on how nice they look together.

joshua_sx1

Dec 2, 2010
Not sure about the inherent quality differences of "white" and "gray" but since both of them are the same price, I considered them having the same in usefulness and performance...

Anyway, I got gray... and when you put it in protective case, color seems no longer a prominent feature...

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 using Tapatalk 2

Senrir

Nov 16, 2012
Not sure about the inherent quality differences of "white" and "gray" but since both of them are the same price, I considered them having the same in usefulness and performance...

Anyway, I got gray... and when you put it in protective case, color seems no longer a prominent feature...

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 using Tapatalk 2

Seconded, gray is better for video reasons too imo, since you wont be distracted by the boundary color ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quick information. I've stucked this thread and now it should be considered as an official place to discuss color. Other threads will be closed. Thanks for understanding :)
    I don't think that applies as much as you think, I tend to look at my screen more than the back of my tab...
    Granted it may get a bit hotter on the surface to touch but how many people sit in the sun using their tablets? I use my tablet outside very rarely, the screen can be a bit hard to see in sunlight but I can say that my tab has never overheated...
    The other thing is, this is generally a moot point, I've seen people with the white Note 10.1 put it in a black case, you can't tell me that my Note gets hotter in my light brown leather case than theirs in their black silicone case?
    Lol
    Well, if you use a car dock form your cell phone and have it in the sunlight for 3 hours, your phone gets very toasty. I've had my share of reboots and freezes due to overheating devices over the years on all but my white GS3.
    Different materials have different heat capacities, but generally darker colors get hotter. Silicon in what I am guessing is the gel form does not have a high heat capacity, while leather has a higher one, so yours mights have still been hotter.

Science.
    White looks best

Hey guys, I intend on getting a note soon and my question is, which color should I get? Obviously preference is the answer here but I'm a bit afraid if I get the white one it would inevitably get some markings soon and look disgusting. With that said I do own a white sgs2 which is flawless after owning for many months. But that is because it's under constant protection from a case and screen protector. Can't say I'd do the same to the note. Also the grey looks a bit tacky as opposed to if they had gone with black like the tab (speaking in terms of the bezel only). So any insight on this from owners of both colors? Thanks.

It is personal preference. but still i prefer white. it looks classy. i have for 6 months (with a cover, of course.) it looks great
    White looks nice but i went for the deep Grey :good:
    White is my wife's color for devices (currently, an iPad 3 and an S4). Gray was the only choice for me, for both my N10.1 and N2.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD