[REF] [HOW-TO] [GSM & CDMA] Official Google OTA update URLs -- Latest: JWR66Y / 4.3

Search This thread

Winesnob

May 20, 2012
Lorton, VA
Well poo-poo...All went downhill. Ended up just flashing the 4.1.1 factory image after all and erasing everything. So phone is booted back up and the update showed up again...but still failed...so totally confused. Wouldnt think anything should fail if it is totally stock again. hmm...

I've read a number of places that the FH05 radios have 2 different versions (no idea why), causing the system 7 errors on the OTA. There is an UNOFFICIAL factory image for GA02 at http://goo.im/devs/mskip/stock/toroplus, along with both FH05 images (new radios, old radios). Might be worth a shot. Worst case is you fall back to FH05 from the Google hosted images.

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
Well poo-poo...All went downhill. Ended up just flashing the 4.1.1 factory image after all and erasing everything. So phone is booted back up and the update showed up again...but still failed...so totally confused. Wouldnt think anything should fail if it is totally stock again. hmm...

If you'd flash CWM/TWRP like I said it will tell you what failed in the OTA. Then you will know how to fix it.

You're making this much harder than it should be. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: DJeremyC

DJeremyC

Jan 23, 2013
If you'd flash CWM/TWRP like I said it will tell you what failed in the OTA. Then you will know how to fix it.

You're making this much harder than it should be. ;)

I did...just was confused a bit I guess. But figured out what I did wrong. I guess the factory image I pushed from the Nexus Toolkit installed the FC radios instead of the FH radios...so downloading them now and hoping to push them standalone.

Thanks again...definitely getting to know how to do this in-and-out.

KSUJedi

Jul 25, 2010
Shawnee, KS
So having some trouble with this and hoping someone can help. I've got a Sprint GNEX, unlocked bootloader, rooted, running stock 4.1.1 trying to update to 4.2.1. I've never flashed any different radios. Did flash stock Wi-Fi tether patch. Followed Revoked's modified Method 1, installed, ran, and temp unrooted with OTARootKeeper, rebooted into recovery (have tried CWM 6 non-touch, and TWRP 2.4), chose to install the zip, and with both recoveries, got....

Installing '/sdcard/c5ea6e959840.update_mysidspr_FH05_to_GA02.zip'...
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found.
installing samsung updater extensions for toroplus
Verifying current system...
file "/system/framework/framework-res.apk" doesn't have any of expected sha1 sums; checking cache
failed to stat "/cache/saved.file": No such file or directory
failed to load cache file
script aborted: assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/framework/framework-res.apk", "bb4e8e7a4eee1d656067ba60d204467d36c5a099", "0e876757855bdb4dc572effbf0b06a8b921d4e69")
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/framework/framework-res.apk", "bb4e8e7a4eee1d656067ba60d204467d36c5a099", "0e876757855bdb4dc572effbf0b06a8b921d4e69")
E:Error in /sdcard/c5ea6e959840.update_mysidspr_FH05_to_GA02.zip
(Status 7)
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/c5ea6e959840.update_mysidspr_FH05_to_GA02.zip

So seems to be telling me its something in the framework-res.apk that's causing a problem, maybe because it's not stock from what I understand from osm0sis's posts above. Maybe because of my flashing the stock tethering patch?

Update... Ok, as I was basically thinking/posting out loud and started thinking it was my tethering patch causing the problem, I flashed the "return to stock" tethering zip, then attempted the 4.2 update again, and it's currently installing, so looks like that solved it. Guess I'll just leave this here in case anyone else comes across the same problem and it can help.

Last edited:
Reactions: osm0sis

Barbatos19

Oct 3, 2012
Cotabato, City
Good day everyone. Can anyone teach me on how to unlock a galaxy nexus locked from a carrier called smart telecommunication here in philippines? and does this Phone is compatible with all the rooting and flashing paranoid android 2.99 even though its locked from a carrier? (what mean is, does the carrier plays a role if we flash PA 2.99 on this phone? tnx for the reply

amogil

Apr 11, 2011
try wug fresh one click

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

no ota updates

flixos

Oct 28, 2010
Waiting for the Yajku version here...by the way, are there any improvements so far with the new build?

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Re: [REF] [HOW-TO] [GSM & CDMA] Official Google OTA update URLs -- Latest: JOP40D / 4

The takju update has been mirrored on randomphantasmagoria.com.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: thephantom

osm0sis

Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
Yes. Unlocked, rooted, no problem, you just may need to root it again after the OTA since it will change the permissions of the su binary.

CWM 6.x will protect the su permissions so I recommend flashing it as your recovery and then applying the OTA patch from there.

Reactions: Angelakaro

Angelakaro

Feb 27, 2012
Yes. Unlocked, rooted, no problem, you just may need to root it again after the OTA since it will change the permissions of the su binary.

CWM 6.x will protect the su permissions so I recommend flashing it as your recovery and then applying the OTA patch from there.
Strange..i didn't get the ota,clean system,no root and unlocked bootloader (of course i switched to takju). So,after many tries, i flashed the ota package through cwm. Going to see what's changed :)

bagl0312

Apr 30, 2010
R: [REF] [HOW-TO] [GSM & CDMA] Official Google OTA update URLs -- Latest: JDQ39 / 4.2

Since I was tired to wait for the yakju updates, I decided to move to takju following the instructions here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1995263

Then I installed the JDQ39 takju update with TWRP, and everything was fine. I had just to reflash superSU to gain root.

No data loss and no problem found so far.

osm0sis

Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
Strange..i didn't get the ota,clean system,no root and unlocked bootloader (of course i switched to takju). So,after many tries, i flashed the ota package through cwm. Going to see what's changed :)

Yeah getting the OTA notification is random and can take forever, this has nothing to do with device configuration though. Luckily, running custom recovery makes it so we can all get it regardless. :)

le_prof

Sep 10, 2012
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Re: [REF] [HOW-TO] [GSM & CDMA] Official Google OTA update URLs -- Latest: JDQ39 / 4.

I have been using Franco Kernel with JB 4.2.1. I flashed back to stock kernel and tried to flash OTA 4.2.2, but get an error message concerning power.tuna.so.

Did a search and found that at post 1893, osm0sis said the following:

Go to /system/lib/hw/ and move power.tuna.so.fkbak to power.tuna.so, then everything should work fine. Make sure you move the file, not copy, since you'll want franco.Kernel to back up the new one too, and the script only does that when .fkbak doesn't already exist. :good:

Need clarification. How does one move power.tuna.so.fkbak to power.tuna.so ??!! Arent those two files ? Shouldnt there be a folder involved? I am using Root Explorer.

Thanks.

UPDATE: Figured it out myself ! I deleted power.tuna.so and then renamed power.tuna.so.fkbak to power.tuna.so using Root Explorer. Successfully updated to JDQ39 !

Last edited:
Reactions: ptmax13 and osm0sis

anewbieuser

Oct 14, 2012
Since I was tired to wait for the yakju updates, I decided to move to takju following the instructions here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1995263

Then I installed the JDQ39 takju update with TWRP, and everything was fine. I had just to reflash superSU to gain root.

No data loss and no problem found so far.

Just wondering. if I am a yakju on 4.2.1, can I still flash it to takju 4.2.1 with the factory image? of does it need to be an upgrade from say 4.2? Coz the instruction in the post from your link was an upgrade.

bagl0312

Apr 30, 2010
R: [REF] [HOW-TO] [GSM & CDMA] Official Google OTA update URLs -- Latest: JDQ39 / 4.2

Just wondering. if I am a yakju on 4.2.1, can I still flash it to takju 4.2.1 with the factory image? of does it need to be an upgrade from say 4.2? Coz the instruction in the post from your link was an upgrade.

You can "upgrade" to takju 4.2.1 even if you are already using yakju 4.2.1
Worked perfectly for me without data loss. I had to reflash the TWRP recovery using fastboot, since the above procedure overwrite it with stock recovery

Reactions: anewbieuser

Top Liked Posts