[APP] User Themeable Messaging +Quick Reply +Group Messaging +Emoji 4.2.2 (3/04/2013)

What color do you people actually want?!

• Incoming text BLUE, outgoing text WHITE.

Votes: 41 27.9%
  • Incoming text WHITE, outgoing text BLUE.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • All WHITE.

Votes: 30 20.4%
  • All BLUE.

Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Leave it the way it is.

Votes: 19 12.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

hasbrobot

May 22, 2010
Re: [APP] Inverted Messaging App +QuickEmoji +Quick Reply for AOSP and TouchWiz(2/4/2

Uhm.. lame question
I'm using the touchwiz version where is the (quick emoji button)? It shows it in the picture and mentions it in the description.Is it only included in the AOSP version? Otherwise runs perfect on note 2.

Why is the door on the right always locked?

Last edited:

hasbrobot

May 22, 2010
Re: [APP] Inverted Messaging App +QuickEmoji +Quick Reply for AOSP and TouchWiz(2/4/2

Never mind figured it out.looks like the pop up reply and quick emoji button are included in the 4.2 version. Force closes after a few seconds of use on note 2. Tooo bad....

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

ipnixon

Dec 22, 2010

Smooth sailing here, running CM 10.1 4.2.2 nightly 2/22 with KT747 kernel 2/19 and MA6.

MMS works perfectly; images retain full quality when sending :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

elsocio83

Jul 7, 2008
Florida
Having a hard time flashing this. Tried freezing stock app then flashing and didn't work.

Go to /system/app/SecMMS.apk using a file explorer app and rename that apk to SecMMS.apk.bak (don't forget the .bak). I use Root Explorer so it helps to rename it. Reboot to recovery, use the Aroma installer and flash away. That should take care of it. Freezing the app won't work as it runs in the background.

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Tried it using MOAR v4.1.2 [MA6] [02.19.13]. Would not send nor d/l received MMS.

I am using MOAR and I am able to receive and send MMS. Make sure you update your PRL and Profile and reboot. Also check your settings to see if mobile network is on.

Hurleyzero1

May 9, 2012
Hi everyone, i was running this mms.apk on the synergy rom and it was perfect. Lastnight i installed the latest carbon rom and when i flash the mms i get an error and when i flash in aroma as soon as i open the app it force closes. Yes i installed the asop version not touchwiz. What i have found to work is to go into system/app and go to the mms.apk, long press and install from there. But once i reboot it force closes upon opening and i have to go back into system/app and install again for it to work. Any idea on how to fix?

Edit: synergy got updated so I'm going back to touchwiz so the above msg can be ignored.

Last edited:

mw86

Jul 17, 2012
Afton
forum.techinferno.com

So many questions. Are you running a 4.2 rom or a 4.2.2 rom? Are you running 4.2 on a 4.2.2 rom with success?

i was originally before testing with you amiblindyet. so far good on Task 650s AOKP now which is 4.2.2 on your beta. the unofficial aokp i used your 4.2 just fine as well as this beta. working on getting an updated gapps for my camera issues and ill report back tommorow how the capture us working after that.

mw86.png

Reactions: amiblindyet

mw86

Jul 17, 2012
Afton
forum.techinferno.com

Amiblindyet as an update after flashing aosp inverted gapps from late February and being sure while using camera to focus first by screen touch and waiting a sec before even that when camera first opens and so far 100% success using the capture button on the beta test. its capturing and inserting the pic no problem on Task650's AOKP 4.2.2 build. :good: that confirms the previous issue i mentioned in pm was camera itself issue. as i made sure camera worked now before then testing the message app again on the rom I am now on.
Great work Amiblindyet.

mw86.png

Reactions: amiblindyet

HiddenKnight

Hey amiblindyet, I have a request. Have you seen this thread? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=32855242 Animated holo notification? I wanna see what its like. Could you try to incorporate it over here?

Again, great work man! Love running this rather than stock or the aftermarket 3rd party apps!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

amiblindyet

Jan 10, 2011
Columbus, OH
Hey amiblindyet, I have a request. Have you seen this thread? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=32855242 Animated holo notification? I wanna see what its like. Could you try to incorporate it over here?

Again, great work man! Love running this rather than stock or the aftermarket 3rd party apps!

Absolutely, thanks for the request. I'll get that running a d2spr profile today or tomorrow morning.

OP UPDATED 4.2.2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Messaging App +QuickEmoji +Quick Reply

KnTBC.png

vU5BT.png

Messaging App for AOSP and TouchWiz

Download Aroma Installer
    TouchWiz
    Code:
     - 2013-05-07 -
    Fixed TouchWiz
    AOSP Revamp begins, phase 1
     - 2013-03-05 - 
    Fixed uncompressed MMS
    Fixed recipients
     - 2013-03-04 - 
    Mms theme settings
    SMS Split
    Removed Androidian emojis
    Replaced Androidian emojis
    Group Messaging
    Quick Reply
    Animated notification icon
     - 2013-01-24 - 
    Fully working MMS
    Full uncompressed MMS
    Dark theme with ICS blue text, icons, buttons, and notifications to match AOSP, etc.
    Emoji support with Quick Emoji button
    Quick reply
    Gesture templates
    Transparent widget
    160 Character message split

Code:
    Luminair - Extra special thanks
    Thebear j koss - Extra special thanks
    stafly17 - Initial code and request
    Whiplashh - For including my version in a full ROM
    philweser - For including my version in a full ROM
    iDoc21
    shaun0207
    DraggyWan
    RedJack117
    Thebear j koss
    CM-Freak
    hitman980206
    mw86
    ipnixon
    hasbrobot
    nyles
    bmxerkid954
    fergie716
    If I've forgotten you please shoot me a PM. I like to include everyone that's helped me in ANY way.
    This isn't a solo project, this is a community. Let's all work together.

ATTENTION: EMOJI BLACK DIAMOND ERROR
    This is a result of routing your text messages through Google Voice.
    Go to Google Voice Settings.
    Remove your Sprint Account.
    Emojis will work from this point forward.

teamLViThN
    - amiblindyet - Misty_Meow - cbass15
    Ladies and gentlemen, it's been real. I'm off to the next journey in my life now and will no longer maintain this thread. If anyone would like to take over please PM me. I'll send you my source and compile group. Thanks for everything you guys and girls have done for myself and the community. Deuces.
    Wait... Has the app already been updated or are you still expected to release the update Saturday? :confused:

I got done early. Update is posted in OP.
    Oh ok...I thought it flashed on or off or something. But I have an idea of the glow effect....sounds pretty cool.
    I'll add it to my version later. But in the meantime...

BETA REQUEST

I do not, and will not, run TouchWiz so I need some beta testers for our TouchWiz version. Knowledgeable, experienced testers only. The next time one of you PMs me and tells me that you couldn't figure out how to flash it so you tried to manually push and now your phone won't make calls I will find you and I will slap you. PM me for the link and instructions.
    Do you want me to do it for you?

By the way, for those of you that remember my accident and never got to see my car.