Nexus 4 and Docking Station

Search This thread

Virion90

Dec 2, 2013
hi,
I'm new to android phones. I wanted to connect my copy of the Nexus 4 to JBL On Stage IV, which I used with my old iPhone. Unfortunately, after using the micro-usb adapter my phone is charging but does not transmit music to speakers. I would add that I have system :Nexus 5 Experience ROM [4.4 KK] Rooted.
Can u help me ? Can i use my JBL On Stage whit my nexus 4 ?

Sincerely,
Virion90

lopezk38

Apr 20, 2013
San Diego
hi,
I'm new to android phones. I wanted to connect my copy of the Nexus 4 to JBL On Stage IV, which I used with my old iPhone. Unfortunately, after using the micro-usb adapter my phone is charging but does not transmit music to speakers. I would add that I have system :Nexus 5 Experience ROM [4.4 KK] Rooted.
Can u help me ? Can i use my JBL On Stage whit my nexus 4 ?

Sincerely,
Virion90

The USB port on that device probably does not support MTP, so it can't directly pull music off of the storage. It also was released around 2010ish (Based on a quick Google), before Android got the capability to send audio over USB so it does not support the Android standard. It will not be able to output over USB. You're going to have to use a 3.5mm cable to connect it to the headphone jack on the Nexus to get any audio output.