Is it possible to root a kurio 10s?

Search This thread

Kolash

Dec 30, 2013
Bump bump bump

I'm interested in an answer for this... I've tried a few methods throughout the kurio 7 google play post, and they never seem to identify the tablet. I've made sure that all the usb drivers installed correctly, and have developer mode enabled. I'm not by any means a developer, so I have no idea how to create one on my own.

Also curious about different roms that might be suitable for the 10s. Nexus 10 looks clean, but the price tag drove me off.

007javaid

Dec 31, 2013
kurio 10s rooting and google play installation

Anyone know how u root the kurio 10s? I'm struggling for a full week now. Hours upon hours searching how to do it. Someone must know? I just to want to root it. I tried kingo but that doesn't even recognise the tablet. Kingo is supposed to root any device but doesn't,t even recognise the kurio 10s tablet. I don't even have Google play on it. I can't root and I can't put Google play on everything I've tried doesn't work. The kurio 10s is on android is 4.2.2. Anyone? Please please please? Help us all.

Reactions: Kolash

gigawatt

Nov 19, 2008
yes you can root it, same chipset and file as the 7s

yes you can root it using utoo-root-signed.zi
from recovery mode, and then you can add your chosen launcher, but a warning, even if you change the launcher, don't remove the kurio launcher tablit, because some games won't work, unless some one knows a work aroundp
Anyone know how u root the kurio 10s? I'm struggling for a full week now. Hours upon hours searching how to do it. Someone must know? I just to want to root it. I tried kingo but that doesn't even recognise the tablet. Kingo is supposed to root any device but doesn't,t even recognise the kurio 10s tablet. I don't even have Google play on it. I can't root and I can't put Google p

XxJuggernautxX

Jan 4, 2014
Dallas
Workaround

yes you can root it using utoo-root-signed.zi
from recovery mode, and then you can add your chosen launcher, but a warning, even if you change the launcher, don't remove the kurio launcher tablit, because some games won't work, unless some one knows a work aroundp
Anyone know how u root the kurio 10s? I'm struggling for a full week now. Hours upon hours searching how to do it. Someone must know? I just to want to root it. I tried kingo but that doesn't even recognise the tablet. Kingo is supposed to root any device but doesn't,t even recognise the kurio 10s tablet. I don't even have Google play on it. I can't root and I can't put Google p

From what I gather, there is not a workaround yet. Don't remove the Kurio lancher.

Kolash

Dec 30, 2013
Well, I got it rooted without too much hassle, but now I f-ed up and used a tweaker app from google play, and now I'm stuck with an incompatible samsung rom, and my system UI repeatedly crashes. I can still access recovery mode, and navigate the tablet somewhat, but it renders it pretty much useless.

What I need now is the stock rom for it. I should have made my own backup instead of relying on that stupid app, but now I'm stuck with a paperweight, and no way to get the original rom for the Kurio 10s. (I tried tech support at kurioworld.com, but they insist that they have no such file, even though they did it for someone else for the kurio 7...)

I'm at wits end, and my girlfriend is going to kick my ass for screwing up her christmas present. x__x

If anyone has a functional Kurio 10s, I'd really appreciate if you could upload a copy of it here? I should have made my own ages ago, but now it's too late...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

I bought my son a kurio 10s for xmas. Its running 4.2.2

Is there any way to root it?

Thanks
    kurio 10s rooting and google play installation

Anyone know how u root the kurio 10s? I'm struggling for a full week now. Hours upon hours searching how to do it. Someone must know? I just to want to root it. I tried kingo but that doesn't even recognise the tablet. Kingo is supposed to root any device but doesn't,t even recognise the kurio 10s tablet. I don't even have Google play on it. I can't root and I can't put Google play on everything I've tried doesn't work. The kurio 10s is on android is 4.2.2. Anyone? Please please please? Help us all.
    My Kurio 10s is now rooted

Using the steps in this post.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50148384&postcount=362

I applied the Google services update then applied that worked like a charm.