[Q] Wifi - ReConnection Issue

Search This thread

w.wh1te

Jan 2, 2011
hi,

i lately changed from s2 to s3 and I'm having an issue with the wifi.

an example would be: i leave the house to go shopping, WIFI stays on. i come back home, wifi still on, have not connected to another network
and no matter how long i wait, phone will not re-connect to my home-wifi...

my home-wifi is displayed as the strongest available in the wifi-setting, even if i tap it and hit 'connect' it wont..
i need to turn wifi off and on to make it re-connect...

anyone having any suggestions? thanks in advance!

jinosong

Jan 22, 2011
Seoul
Did you buy this phone used or has it ever had any efs issues? If so, it might be that your efs needs permission changes to fully restore the efs.

You may want to chmod 777 the efs folder. Google it.

Reactions: w.wh1te

w.wh1te

Jan 2, 2011
Did you buy this phone used or has it ever had any efs issues? If so, it might be that your efs needs permission changes to fully restore the efs.

Thanks for your reply. I tried googling but did not really find anything matching my problem.

I can always connect to wifi. Only weird thing is that once i am logged into my network, leave its area and return
to it while having left wifi on, it does not REconnect to it. It shows the network and if i tap 'connect' nothing happens.
I ten need to switch WIFI off and back on. Then the phone directly reconnects.

Do you or does anyone else have another suggestion how to fix this?
Or do you, jinosong, have a link to the /efs chmod-stuff that you mentioned or can explain a little more in detail?!

Thanks for your help.

w.wh1te

Jan 2, 2011
Unfortunately I still hven't figured out what the problem is.

It would be helpful to me if someone with a rooted i9300 could put "ls -lR /efs" into their terminal emulator
and post the screenshot here... it will show the permissions and ownership of the /efs-directory.

thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.