[Q] Is there a way to delete / hide LG overlay ?

Search This thread

frsdesign

Mar 18, 2012
Hi all,

All in the title, i'm interested in this tablet, but i hate overlays like touchwiz & co (i don't know the LG one...).

Is there a way to have a "pure" android in this tablet ? Cyanogenmod isn't officialy supported...
And i read somewhere, we cannot install the google play edition rom in this one.

Any idea ?

Thank you !

katsika

Oct 15, 2013
Athens
thats why people install custom roms, to get rid of useless bloatware like samsung's touchwiz which consume memory and storage. Try mahdi rom if you want a pure android system experience (its based at google nexus android). Its super clean, fast and stable.

frsdesign

Mar 18, 2012
thats why people install custom roms, to get rid of useless bloatware like samsung's touchwiz which consume memory and storage. Try mahdi rom if you want a pure android system experience (its based at google nexus android). Its super clean, fast and stable.

Thank you ! i'll have a look. So it's fully compatible with the gpad ? I'll just have to unlock/root/Install recovery and install it like CM ?

katsika

Oct 15, 2013
Athens
Thank you ! i'll have a look. So it's fully compatible with the gpad ? I'll just have to unlock/root/Install recovery and install it like CM ?

I had cm11 installed but it had some weird bugs that others users didnt have though and i installed mahdi, its perfect.
The procedure to install a custom rom is:
1)root using dailingrin's method
2)install a custom recovery (i recommend you drgravy's twrp 2.6.3.2)
3)perform a data wipe and install the custom rom and the google apps package from the custom recovery menu

whoamigriffiths

Oct 18, 2012
Behind You