YouTube won't play HD quality with mobile data?

Search This thread

chrisram88

Oct 28, 2009
san dimas (Los Angeles)
For some reason I can't play HD quality videos on my z1s... It will play on standard quality but once I select HD it errors out and won't load. Is it just me or are you guys having this issue as well? I Tried clearing cache, data, force stopping it. Same thing. I haven't uninstalled the update. Might have to try that next. Any suggestions?

Sent from my C6916

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
If you have the latest version and is not working then yes, you should uninstall the update and try again with the older one. If the problem persist maybe is the bandwidth of mobile phone weak.

Ibkevin

Jan 1, 2013
Wyoming
If you have the latest version and is not working then yes, you should uninstall the update and try again with the older one. If the problem persist maybe is the bandwidth of mobile phone weak.

It's 100% definitely the youtube app and it kind of pisses me off a little too actually because yes like stated already, the older version works fine but the most updated version causes the problem and I'm sorry but on a high end brand new device, I expect to be able to run the latest most brand new updated apps, especially ones as popular as youtube! I just purchased my Z1s but I also own a note 3 and YouTube works fine on that phone. I love my Z1s a lot and realize it's the app and not the phone but youtube needs to issue an update and resolve this issue so their latest version of their app works with all of the latest flagship devices! I've emailed them already about it and still no response even, let alone an update.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

ngvuanh

Jan 1, 2013
What is the highest resolution you can play?
I seem don't have issue playing YouTube HD. I am just playing some testing 1080p clips such as Nvidia or THX on my Z1s.
My YouTube version is 5.3.32
Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk

Jiyeon90

Nov 8, 2012
What is the highest resolution you can play?
I seem don't have issue playing YouTube HD. I am just playing some testing 1080p clips such as Nvidia or THX on my Z1s.
My YouTube version is 5.3.32
Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk

Highest resolution for phones & tablets is 720p, 1080p only available on computer

Sent from my Xperia Z1