[GNL] Official Google Now Launcher v1.1.0.11 for All Android Devices [Play Store]

Search This thread

nuxbag

Aug 19, 2009
Sliver Spring, MD
Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

So what do you think is causing the error? I downloaded the APK from post 86.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ok just realized my system is modded flashed back to stock and it won't install, but nothing is really different from the previous version of the stub I apologize.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: rakibexp

rayzan

Dec 10, 2012
So I guess the play store version won't work with anything below kitkat.

I installed a pre-Play Store version on my 4.3 Xperia Z1 and everything is working fine.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Xhemal1325

Jul 2, 2013
i downloaded google now laucher from play store, and google search from play store but its not working !!
, im geting and error update google search !! but i have already updated it ?IM USING 4.4.2 ! any fix ? :(

falcon26

Jul 19, 2010
Why would someone install this if they already have a Nexus device which comes with this by default? Or is this something different? Can you hide apps and app labels with this launcher?

DeeJay00001

Nov 1, 2010
London
I have the LG G2 (D802) running 4.4.2. Although the GEL works on my device I cannot get it to rotate to landscape.
Auto rotate is switched on
The stock launcher auto rotates
Any thoughts ?????

David J
? Nexus 7 ?

badelemental

Jan 4, 2011
Bangalore
Was using GNL for quite some time and switched to Epic Launcher as it had more customisation option.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

WorD ZerO

Sep 22, 2014
Mumbai
I can't get it to Run on my Xperia Z with 4.4.4. It asks to clear defaults of the Xperia Home but the Clear Defaults button is greyed out and it says No defaults set. But when I open Google Now Launcher. It gives me a dialogue asking to clear defaults. Any Help?

ultimatdan

Feb 4, 2012
Boston
Completely remove the google now launcher?

How can I completely remove all of the Google Now Launcher system files so that when I reinstall the lollipop Google Now Launcher it doesn't show all my home screen presets and folders and widgets from the previous version. Does anyone know what directory stores these files? Thanks

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto
How can I completely remove all of the Google Now Launcher system files so that when I reinstall the lollipop Google Now Launcher it doesn't show all my home screen presets and folders and widgets from the previous version. Does anyone know what directory stores these files? Thanks

Maybe you can take the guess work out of it by using this app "System app remover (ROOT)https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jumobile.manager.systemapp&hl=en". Obviously you will need root but removing any system app required root. It has an informative interface including sorting the list of apps by name, size, ... etc. The Google Launcher is listed as "Launcher" with the familiar icon.

I've successfully used it on Lollipop to remove several systems app (85MB so far). It backups the apks to user storage (a trash can) and has a feature that allows you to restore what you removed. Titianium Backup and ES File Explorer both have an uninstall app feature. I own both but still prefer System app remover.

I will suggest at least installing the free Nova Launcher version prior to the uninstall step so that you have some launcher for android to use. Especially right after removing Google Launcher. You can uninstall Nova when you get the device properly set up.

Last edited:
Reactions: ultimatdan

ultimatdan

Feb 4, 2012
Boston
Maybe you can take the guess work out of it by using this app "System app remover (ROOT)https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jumobile.manager.systemapp&hl=en". Obviously you will need root but removing any system app required root. It has an informative interface including sorting the list of apps by name, size, ... etc. The Google Launcher is listed as "Launcher" with the familiar icon.

I've successfully used it on Lollipop to remove several systems app (85MB so far). It backups the apks to user storage (a trash can) and has a feature that allows you to restore what you removed. Titianium Backup and ES File Explorer both have an uninstall app feature. I own both but still prefer System app remover.

I will suggest at least installing the free Nova Launcher version prior to the uninstall step so that you have some launcher for android to use. Especially right after removing Google Launcher. You can uninstall Nova when you get the device properly set up.

Thank you for this. However, i have no problem uninstalling the app. Its just that every time that I do it doesnt take with it some of the files that stores the user data of homescreen setups and stuff. It just uninstalls the app but not the preferences and stuff you had set. So when when i uninstall the google now launcher, and then reinstall the newer google now launcher...all my homescreens and icons and stuff are set back up automatically the way they were before I had uninstalled...which is what im trying to prevent. So I just assume there has to be a folder or file that controls that.

yets

Feb 15, 2013
If you want rid of existing homescreens etc try uninstalling GOOGLE NOW/SEARCH. I set up my homescreen on Google Now Launcher (took me an hour to set it up) etc but then Google now started playing up. I uninstalled it and when I went to reinstall it had deleted all my homescreens etc from Google Now Launcher. I was pissed but it may help you.

Reactions: ultimatdan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    jhxbSs

Google has just officially released the Google Now Launcher on the Play Store and made it compatible with all devices with Android v4.1 or Later, including Google Nexus devices and the Play Edition devices (Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 (2012), Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 10, Galaxy S4 GPe, HTC One GPe, Moto G GPe, Xperia Z Ultra GPe and the LG G Pad 8.3 GPe). You can Now Install directly from the Play Store which is easier to get future updates.

Ta6yZK

AQxnED

GNL Key Features :

• Google Now on your home screen - it's easier than ever to get just the right information at just the right time.
    • Just say "Ok Google" - when you're on your home screen, just say "Ok Google" to trigger voice input. Then say your search query. Or tell your phone what to do, like send a text message, get directions, or play a song.
    • Faster search - tap the search box and you can enter your query immediately.
    • Easy access to your favorite Google products and services, like Gmail, YouTube, and Maps.
    • Larger viewing area - the status and navigation bars are now translucent, so your wallpaper pops from every pixel, and is even visible when you expand your apps drawer (when supported by device).
    • Intuitive wallpaper picker - select any image that's stored on your device, or in the cloud. Position and preview your wallpaper before you set it.

If your device is not supported, you can try the APK link below.

Roll-back from Google Search 3.1.24 to 3.1.8

If you are facing problems with GEL, Install/Roll-back to Google Search v3.1.8 [APK posted on the topic], Make sure you turn Google Play Store "auto-update" for Google Search OFF in order to stay on v3.1.8 and prevent it from updating to 3.1.24 automatically until google release a fix.
    I don't know but mine seems snappy, at least compared to what it was, and really seems to be working well on my Nexus 10

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Well that's good, then. Who knows, maybe there is some kind of code in that APK other than being a bridge. We'll probably never know for sure. haha
    Please change to a download host I don't have to install an app to use.

Just change your browser to desktop mode to use the link.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

That is interesting. I wonder why it is working better for me. I will play for a day and see if it starts lagging like it did before. If not then the answer had to lie with a change in 4.4.1. Maybe a small code fix that improve performance. I will probably go back to another launcher anyway, but not until I test this well. Perhaps a framework tweak?