Lg Optimus V Emergency Recovery Mode Walkthrough

Search This thread

smokenbiskits

Apr 29, 2011
Philadelphia
So I'm planning on testing partition sizes and I want to start w/ stock. Good thing is I haven't found a good walkthrough for using the Emergency Recovery mode, so I will tell you my experience. If it works great, if not you can learn from me. I have a Nandroid backup, and a Titanium Backup. I feel prepared and confident.

I have KDZ (KDZ_FW_UPD_EN) and the stock cab (VM670ZV4_13.S4_13.P61007)

I've read shabby walk-through-esque deals...

but it's disenchanting how it starts with,

"NO ONE should try this. No one. Not ever. Don’t do this. This will brick your phone."

but again I feel confident in my abilities now so let's see how it goes
Battery out; Power + vol down + back (very hard to push and plug in usb, but it's possible)

I'm not interested in shaking the phone.

After win 7's driver notification sound goes off a few times and disabling the LGE CDMA USB Modem in device manager, I watched to make sure it didn't re-enable after the drop/add driver sound. It's all good.

CDMA pulldown in KDZ wasn't pulling anything, tried 3GQTC and nothing popped up. When I selected "Read Phone Info" in 3GQTC info was pulled up then KDZ locked up, but I saw it said the battery didn't have enough charge, so I put the batter back in.

Checked device manager again....all good.
So just to test I shook phone vigorously in CDMA Emergency, CDMA CS_Emergency, 3GQCT CS_Emergency, and 3GQCT Emergency.

Just to see what happened I tried to use Lg's software updater....no bueno, couldn't communicate...no harm no foul...

And so then, while the battery was out, the usb cable came unhooked. I gasped, but after turning phone on all is good.

I will try again soon.