Upcoming Incredible 4g model...

Search This thread

iowabeakster

Apr 11, 2011
As, I approach my upgrade time. I am pondering my options... and wondering what others are thinking.

When I first read about this phone model (the upcoming Incredible 4g), I was not not especially impressed. But with more leaked info, I wonder is this actually my ideal (or very near ideal) phone.

1. It supposedly will have the S4 Krait processor. This is an upgrade over anything currently on Verizon. I didn't realize that it was going to get this processor. If it doesn't have this processor, then I really don't have any interest. I thought the Incredible 4g was just a smaller Rezound. I was wrong. This processor is an improvement over phones like the Rezound and G Nexus.

2. I have not liked the idea of the newer phones eliminating the SD card. This phone will have a SD card slot... plus 8 gigs internal.

3. It will have a removable battery, another thing that myself and many others have not liked about other new models coming out. I have managed to get excellent life out of my stock Dinc1 battery... but I've always been happy to know that there are bigger replacements available if I wanted them... or if the stock battery were to get weak with age.

4. I am torn by the manufacturers making screens bigger and bigger on phones (and with greater and greater numbers of pixels to control and illuminate). Those screens sure look nice... but I'm not crazy about how much power they use. The Incredible 4g has a qHD 4" screen, so it should look nice enough, and not use that much juice (compared to the 720p phones with 4.7" screens). Also importantly to me, it will be comfortable to stick in my pockets. I just don't watch movies or TV shows on my phone. Yeah, I've done it, just to do it. But, I've got more comfortable options... like our couch and plasma TV (or even our computers).

5. Integrated LTE on the chip? 4g speeds... less battery usage than current 4g phones... thaz awesome...

6. 1gig RAM... same as everything else out there...

7. Nice enough camera (same as ONE series)... Beats (meh whatever)... etc...

8. I do play games, to kill time on my phone, but I often tend to prefer the casual type puzzle games. High performance gaming isn't especially important to me, but still this phone should be nicely capable of playing most games very well.

I know this phone does not follow the "slim and sexy" trend that is happening in phone fashion. I just wonder if I am the only weirdo "anti-fashion" person out there. Plus it looks to be reasonably priced. Anybody else think this phone looks preferable than the other new options coming?

And most importantly... anybody think this phone will get good developer support? Just wondering how others view this phone...

Last edited:
Reactions: Alton (Halo 2)

Div033

Aug 17, 2010
I also approach my upgrade time (I think its in June) and as it approaches I'm paying more attention to what's out there. This new incredible seems to hit all the right spots. The only thing I wish it had wad a 720p screen. Qhd certainly isn't a deal breaker though.

I'm eagerly awaiting the announcement of the Incredible 4G. However I'm also waiting to see what the Galaxy S3 has to offer. I may end up waiting a little longer for that. I dont mind morw waiting as I love my incredible and its simply the best phone I've ever owned.

If my incredible broke today and I was offered an early upgrade id probably opt for a Razr Maxx.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using the XDA app.

Alton (Halo 2)

Sep 5, 2011
rock island
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
I also approach my upgrade time (I think its in June) and as it approaches I'm paying more attention to what's out there. This new incredible seems to hit all the right spots. The only thing I wish it had wad a 720p screen. Qhd certainly isn't a deal breaker though.

I'm eagerly awaiting the announcement of the Incredible 4G. However I'm also waiting to see what the Galaxy S3 has to offer. I may end up waiting a little longer for that. I dont mind morw waiting as I love my incredible and its simply the best phone I've ever owned.

If my incredible broke today and I was offered an early upgrade id probably opt for a Razr Maxx.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using the XDA app.

Does the early upgrade cost more ?

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

iowabeakster

Apr 11, 2011

not exactly. early upgrade is an incentive.

verizon emailed me an early upgrade offer for 50 bucks off any new phone last week...

and today snail mailed me an offer for 100 dollars off.

they just want you contracting another 2 years... thats where the real money is at.

Reactions: Alton (Halo 2)

ohredwood

Jan 2, 2011
Dallas
My upgrade was up the first of April, and I watched it go by. Honestly, for what I really do with the phone it just didn't make sense to drop the coin on something new that would meet or exceed some of my expectations but let me down in others.

One of the biggest drawbacks to most of these phones coming out (IMO....) is the size of em. Damn, if I wanted an Ipad, I'd buy the dang thing.... These new phones look beautiful but having to wear a hubcap around my waist because it won't fit in my pockets anymore, I just don't dig.

I have been so pleased with the first gen INC that when I heard the INC 4g was coming out, and the screen size, man, I said that's the ticket, faster, and still good size, removable batt, sd card, I'm in, I'm all in......

Ruggerxpunk

Jul 8, 2010
You raise a very good argument on the OP. The only thing I would need is a guarantee that Devs will get CM9 running on it. My Dinc right now is perfect with CM9.

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
Not sure how many Inc devs can or will get the Inc 4g due to all getting the rezound. And there's no guarantee of anything before its done. Most likely it will get cm9 but don't quote me on that.

And ics, while OK on the Inc is far from perfect. Camcorder and video don't work 100% on cm9. One of the reasons I got the nexus is to have the best initial support with ICS working smooth without any complex porting.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dezignstuff

Mar 4, 2012
I'm glad to see some people with something positive to say about this phone. There has been a lot of bad reaction out there for what ever reason. I suspect its people just not understanding about the processor. I've got an upgrade on the 25th, and this thing is supposed to hit the 26th. I'm pretty excited.

I'll probably use it the first month pretty much stock, and then start branching out as things become available. Also looking forward to CM9. I may keep a recovery around to play with and one for actual use with 100% function. If it doesn't come with a 32 gb class 10 sd card, that will be my first upgrade to it. Hoping they pack a nice battery in it.

I think as a OneS variant, there won't be too much difficulty finding devs to take interest.

NightxFall

Apr 23, 2012
I'm glad to see some people with something positive to say about this phone. There has been a lot of bad reaction out there for what ever reason. I suspect its people just not understanding about the processor. I've got an upgrade on the 25th, and this thing is supposed to hit the 26th. I'm pretty excited.

I'll probably use it the first month pretty much stock, and then start branching out as things become available. Also looking forward to CM9. I may keep a recovery around to play with and one for actual use with 100% function. If it doesn't come with a 32 gb class 10 sd card, that will be my first upgrade to it. Hoping they pack a nice battery in it.

I think as a OneS variant, there won't be too much difficulty finding devs to take interest.
Well we have 4 days til launch, almost 3, and we've received no word of demo units coming in. So unless they come in tomorrow, I'm doubting that April 26th launch. Perhaps that's when the demo units are coming in? I believe the leaked documents did say "Device workshop" on April 26th.(Although I'm not all too sure what that is). It definitely should be coming within the next two weeks if it misses that release date though.

This phone will certainly be the perfect phone for me when it comes out, if the rumored specs are true. Really hoping this phone gets good dev support too.

Last edited:
We've been discussing the Incredible 4G for a while over in this thread, and I'll repeat my overall opinion here: When this phone comes out it will be hands-down the best phone available on Verizon. All of the websites out there that call it mid-range are out of their minds.

Here are some thoughts I have on some of the OP's points:

I thought the Incredible 4g was just a smaller Rezound. I was wrong. This processor is an improvement over phones like the Rezound and G Nexus.
The processor is not the only improvement over the Rezound... there are so many more. The only reason people compare this phone to the Rezound is the aesthetic similarity. That's really the only thing these two phones have in common.

It will have a removable battery
That is likely, but not a given. Early reports were able to 100% confirm some things like "yes, it has a microSD slot." Those reports didn't come right out and say that the battery is removable though. But, they did say that the backplates are interchangeable, which is a good indication that we'll have battery access

Nice enough camera (same as ONE series)
The camera on the One series (and very very likely this phone too) is much better than "Nice enough". It is amazing. Engadget called the One S "the best Android cameraphone we've seen yet"

I know this phone does not follow the "slim and sexy" trend that is happening in phone fashion.
It certainly wont be sexy... it's an Incredible. Have you seen these things?
That said, it will be slim and light. Probably not as much as the One S (because this one needs LTE and the One S probably has a little more room to stuff things because of the bigger screen), but the initial reports are that it is very thin and light.

Anybody else think this phone looks preferable than the other new options coming?
On Verizon, absolutely. There is nothing better. That is, as long as you are cool with the smaller screen size

The only reason not to get it is the screen size... A lot of people have been begging for a high-end 4" phone, and now they finally have one. That said, some people just "need" those mammoth 4.5+" screens. If you're one of the latter, then this phone is probably not the best bet.

For everyone else though, this will be the best phone you can get when it comes out... and the price is looking like it will cost less than the original incredible did at release, which is a bonus
the qHD resolution

itsmefu

Aug 25, 2010
Ohio
Specs were leaked today on the droiddoes website. Phone will cost $299 with a contract.

1.2GHz dual-core processor
1GB RAM
Sense 4.0
4-inch Super LCD display at qHD resolution
Storage: 8 gigabytes internal, up to 32GB microSD card
Beats Audio
Pandora
Slacker Radio
8-megapixel rear-facing camera with flash
VGA front-facing camera
4G LTE hotspot
4-inch display
Size: 2.4 x 4.8 x 0.46 inchces
Weight: 4.66 ounces
Battery: 1700 mAh

Reactions: boomn
Any word if the processor is the s4? I hate they were so vague with it

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

It has to. There's no way they would release it without the S4 (at least, not for more than like 50 bucks)

Sidenote: I'm a bit bummed by the price. I never really believed the "$100 or $150" rumors, but I was hoping that Verizon would stop the $299 madness and go back to $199 that used to be the standard (and is becoming the standard again on other carriers... look at the new Evo for example)

Althought... the site was never really intended to go live... so maybe they just copied a template and hadn't actually finished with it... i.e. hadn't fixed the price yet.

And for anyone who wants to see the leak itsmefu was talking about...

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/23/htc-droid-incredible-4g-lte/
2012droidincred.png

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-droid-incredible-4g-lte-outed-droiddoes-site
droiddoes2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: itsmefu

itsmefu

Aug 25, 2010
Ohio
I hope that price is wrong like you said, I won't pay $330 for that phone. I would rather wait a while and get it a lot cheaper.

boomn

Feb 2, 2011
It has to. There's no way they would release it without the S4 (at least, not for more than like 50 bucks)

Sidenote: I'm a bit bummed by the price. I never really believed the "$100 or $150" rumors, but I was hoping that Verizon would stop the $299 madness and go back to $199 that used to be the standard (and is becoming the standard again on other carriers... look at the new Evo for example)

Althought... the site was never really intended to go live... so maybe they just copied a template and hadn't actually finished with it... i.e. hadn't fixed the price yet.

2012droidincred.png
Despite that leaked page using the Moto template with all the "Droid" branding, I was happy to see that other sources indicate HTC/Verizon have dropped the "Droid" name from the new Inc

I remember reading something yesterday but on searching again it appears they were basing that off of photos of device, and my "Droid" Inc doesn't actually have that name anywhere on it either. So nevermind that rumor for now. This link has the photos without the baseless speculation

Oh, lol. Yea, I don't think even the Motoroloas actually put "Droid" on the device.

iowabeakster

Apr 11, 2011
Thanks for the additional info demarcmj. I certainly am not any authority on this phone. If anything I said was untrue, it was unintentional. Mostly I was expressing my opinions about the phone specs, just for myself, and they way I would use it.

I'm glad you shared your thoughts and could bring better detailed info.

For example: The comment about the "nice enough" camera was a little tongue in cheek. It is an excellent camera, for a phone camera. I've got other gear for taking pictures. For me, the camera on my Dinc1 is "nice enough". I really only use it for scanning QR codes.

I'm pretty bummed about the $299 price tag, too. The One X is on ATT for $199.

The Incredible 4g (with its non-HD screen) is not going to sell many units at $299. That is craziness, Verizon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As, I approach my upgrade time. I am pondering my options... and wondering what others are thinking.

When I first read about this phone model (the upcoming Incredible 4g), I was not not especially impressed. But with more leaked info, I wonder is this actually my ideal (or very near ideal) phone.

1. It supposedly will have the S4 Krait processor. This is an upgrade over anything currently on Verizon. I didn't realize that it was going to get this processor. If it doesn't have this processor, then I really don't have any interest. I thought the Incredible 4g was just a smaller Rezound. I was wrong. This processor is an improvement over phones like the Rezound and G Nexus.

2. I have not liked the idea of the newer phones eliminating the SD card. This phone will have a SD card slot... plus 8 gigs internal.

3. It will have a removable battery, another thing that myself and many others have not liked about other new models coming out. I have managed to get excellent life out of my stock Dinc1 battery... but I've always been happy to know that there are bigger replacements available if I wanted them... or if the stock battery were to get weak with age.

4. I am torn by the manufacturers making screens bigger and bigger on phones (and with greater and greater numbers of pixels to control and illuminate). Those screens sure look nice... but I'm not crazy about how much power they use. The Incredible 4g has a qHD 4" screen, so it should look nice enough, and not use that much juice (compared to the 720p phones with 4.7" screens). Also importantly to me, it will be comfortable to stick in my pockets. I just don't watch movies or TV shows on my phone. Yeah, I've done it, just to do it. But, I've got more comfortable options... like our couch and plasma TV (or even our computers).

5. Integrated LTE on the chip? 4g speeds... less battery usage than current 4g phones... thaz awesome...

6. 1gig RAM... same as everything else out there...

7. Nice enough camera (same as ONE series)... Beats (meh whatever)... etc...

8. I do play games, to kill time on my phone, but I often tend to prefer the casual type puzzle games. High performance gaming isn't especially important to me, but still this phone should be nicely capable of playing most games very well.

I know this phone does not follow the "slim and sexy" trend that is happening in phone fashion. I just wonder if I am the only weirdo "anti-fashion" person out there. Plus it looks to be reasonably priced. Anybody else think this phone looks preferable than the other new options coming?

And most importantly... anybody think this phone will get good developer support? Just wondering how others view this phone...

not exactly. early upgrade is an incentive.

verizon emailed me an early upgrade offer for 50 bucks off any new phone last week...

and today snail mailed me an offer for 100 dollars off.

they just want you contracting another 2 years... thats where the real money is at.
    Specs were leaked today on the droiddoes website. Phone will cost $299 with a contract.

1.2GHz dual-core processor
    1GB RAM
    Sense 4.0
    4-inch Super LCD display at qHD resolution
    Storage: 8 gigabytes internal, up to 32GB microSD card
    Beats Audio
    Pandora
    Slacker Radio
    8-megapixel rear-facing camera with flash
    VGA front-facing camera
    4G LTE hotspot
    4-inch display
    Size: 2.4 x 4.8 x 0.46 inchces
    Weight: 4.66 ounces
    Battery: 1700 mAh
    Any word if the processor is the s4? I hate they were so vague with it

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

2012droidincred.png

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-droid-incredible-4g-lte-outed-droiddoes-site
    droiddoes2.png
    I think it's odd that AT&T and Sprint receive the One X (or variant) and T-Mobile and Verizon receive the One S. I would love a variant of the One X however I somewhat respect there being a 4" phone being released. It's not for me but the increase in phone sizes and high quality specs has resulted in sub par 4" phones being released.