[Q] miui rom for p6200?

Search This thread

[David]

Sep 18, 2011
Catanzaro
Heeeeeeeeee hehe it should be AMAZING you're right :) I personally guess it shouldn't be too hard to build, but we have few devs right now and aorth is already working on the CM9 which supposed to be wonderful too.

I read once talking about the P6200 MIUI in its Italian channel on nexuslab but I think we're still far away from it

Let's hope dude :D I'd just like it too on my own p6200

Sent from my Galaxy Note with DarkyROM 3.3

Ceelos09

Apr 18, 2011
In order to properly have MIUI, we must have CM9 first. Why? MIUI is based off of CM.

That being said, once we have CM9 fully (or close to) being a Daily Driver, someone can easily port over MIUI using a lot of the CM9 components and merging them with MIUI bits.

Atleast that's how it happened on my Epic 4G :p

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

kzoodroid

Jun 27, 2010
Kalamazoo
In order to properly have MIUI, we must have CM9 first. Why? MIUI is based off of CM.

That being said, once we have CM9 fully (or close to) being a Daily Driver, someone can easily port over MIUI using a lot of the CM9 components and merging them with MIUI bits.

CM and MIUI are both AOSP ROMs and you need an AOSP kernel in order to get them to work properly. You could get it ported over right now but nothing would work, same as with the CM9 builds we already have, so really I see no point in doing it except as a proof of concept or work in progress type ROM. The few devs we have are all working hard on CM9 but it's slow going without having all the needed hardware drivers that Samsung won't release. Once that is done MIUI won't be far behind.

Reactions: tzacapaca

gingerboy92

May 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G
Xiaomi 12
we have very few developers for now, and there are some major issues such as the wireless.. until that issues are resolved, i don't think we want to split tasks or add more task for the developers. We need at least one working custom kernel first for use as a basis. That is a much higher priority now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

CM and MIUI are both AOSP ROMs and you need an AOSP kernel in order to get them to work properly. You could get it ported over right now but nothing would work, same as with the CM9 builds we already have, so really I see no point in doing it except as a proof of concept or work in progress type ROM. The few devs we have are all working hard on CM9 but it's slow going without having all the needed hardware drivers that Samsung won't release. Once that is done MIUI won't be far behind.