Trying to find the perfect rom for myself.

Search This thread

Palingenesis

Dec 8, 2010
I've flashed many roms. Now I'm trying to find one that does all the things I need. I haven't found one yet. These are my personalized pros and cons for what I look for in a rom. Help me find a rom to use please?

First off, the rom I'm using now is

Lewa rom
Pros:
*Lightweight. (71mb download file and 140-160mb free ram while running the apps I use)
* camera works
* yahoo webcam works
* very fast, apps stay in memory and don't restart everytime I minimize them

Cons:
* physical keys too bright
* battery life is terrible

CM7 roms
Pros:
* almost everything works
* very reliable
* fast
* alot of free memory
* better battery life
* camera works

Cons
* adobe flash player is bad on these roms
* apps don't stay in memory(launcher reloads when going back to homescreen when minimizing apps etc)
*boring ui

Sense roms
Pros:
*best looking
*easy access to toggles and brightness slider
*best camera
*fast

Cons
*worst free memory
*no screenshot in power button menu(when holding the power button, there's no screenshot button)
*slower than cm7 and lewa
**note**
*senseless romeo has most of the features I like, but it doesn't have American English. So websites like Google give UK search results and prices and it gives euro money sign on the keyboard, instead of dollar sign

ICS roms
Pros
*nice features and ui
*can use new ICS apps
*good camera
*almost everything works

Cons
*slowest roms I've used
**yahoo webcam chat doesn't work**this is the reason ICS isn't my DD

I'm sure there are a few things I've forgot to mention. But these are the small features I look for in roms and I've been unable to find one that has them all.

Any know what a good fit for me would be? I suppose when lewa is updates to fix those problems, ill be very happy with it as my DD. Or if ICS is improved to run faster and working yahoo video chat, ill use that.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

Palingenesis

Dec 8, 2010
I've just flashed the new Android Revolution 6.3.3

Hopefully this will perform better than Android Revolution 7.x

I've flashed a lot of mods for this, lets see how it plays out and performs. :D

strawmetal

Dec 23, 2011
Hyderabad
I haven't found a perfect rom as yet. But of late I haven't flashed anything new. I've been running on my cyanogen build for the past month

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

magic_android

Jan 10, 2012
Melbourne
I'd either recommend a barebones ROM like G-lite or G2 Slim which are both AMAZINGLY fast and stable, or just good old plain CM7. Using CM7 with launcher pro always gave me amazing multitasking abilities that i never had on any other ROMs. CM7 is also by far the fastest in terms of performance. The only thing that CM7 lacked for very long for me was battery life, because i always suffered battery drain when using it. After matching ril lib.so files with the latest radio though, battery life became MUCH better. In fact, i consistently got the best battery life i've ever had with CM7. I don't think you can go past the latest CM7.2 RC in any way.

D

DinoSoup

I'd either recommend a barebones ROM like G-lite or G2 Slim which are both AMAZINGLY fast and stable, or just good old plain CM7. Using CM7 with launcher pro always gave me amazing multitasking abilities that i never had on any other ROMs. CM7 is also by far the fastest in terms of performance. The only thing that CM7 lacked for very long for me was battery life, because i always suffered battery drain when using it. After matching ril lib.so files with the latest radio though, battery life became MUCH better. In fact, i consistently got the best battery life i've ever had with CM7. I don't think you can go past the latest CM7.2 RC in any way.

But then he doesn't get ICS features. Try Andromadus Audacity 3. That thing might be the best bet for ICS.