[MOD] NFC With the Screen Locked/Off for SGS-I747

Search This thread

mayhemer

Jan 23, 2007
In the Samsung Galaxy S3 Stock ROM NFC does not work when screen is off or locked. With this mod NFC also works when screen is locked or off.

There are two versions. The first just enables NFC, when screen is on, but it also worked when it is locked. Also with a PIN or Password-Lock everything is fine. But it disables NFC when the SGS3 is in standby and the screen is off.
The second version let NFC active all the time, even when the SGS3 is in standby and the screen is off.
Nothing else is changed in the behaviour of the NFC.
There are also two zips to go back to stock Nfc, one is odexed and one deodexed.

All ZIPs have to be flashed with CWM. You should wipe Dalvik cache after flashing.

This mod works for at least for I747UCALEM. This mod does not work with LFB now. It also doesn't work for CM9 or CM10. I will provide an updated Mod in the middle of August because I am at vacation now.

Please give me feedback, because I do not own this device and I cannot test the Mod on it! I just ported my MOD for the international S3 to the I747.

Disclaimer: As always, I hereby absolve myself of responsibility for any damage you cause to your phone by flashing this. There is inherent risk in modding your device, and by flashing anything in this thread you are taking that risk into your own hands. If something goes wrong, I will try and help. You should always make a Nandroid Backup before flashing.

To ROM Devs: You are more than welcome to use this in your ROMs! Just shoot me a little bit of credit in your release post!

Thank you: Geniusdog254 for the idea and the infos in your thread.

Here ist the link to the thread for the international S3 version:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1712024&page=7

Attachments

• nfcmodI747_lockscreen.zip
    360.9 KB · Views: 448
  • nfcmodI747_screenoff.zip
    360.9 KB · Views: 547
  • nfcmodI747_stock_UCALEM_deodexed.zip
    362.9 KB · Views: 167
  • nfcmodI747_stock_UCALEM_odex.zip
    364.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

jiggytom

Jun 18, 2007
I can confirm that the Lockscreen one is working!! Thanks a bunch.

Do you know how this affects battery life? What about for the "off" one?

Reactions: mayhemer

mayhemer

Jan 23, 2007
I used the Screenoff version for about a week and I didn't recognise battery drain. There should be an impact on battery but it is less than for example always active bluetooth.

[tapatalk]Vom S3 mit Tapatalk[/tapatalk]

T33H00

Sep 23, 2010
many thanks to you

I have been looking for this for while. Love to see you mod it.

RubenRybnik

Jan 6, 2012
Cary, NC
Just ordered my set of 15 NFC tags, should be here this week, looking forward to trying this out :)

Any update on the battery use with the screen off version? It'd be great to have the screen off version, but if it costs battery then it's almost as good just using lockscreen. Thanks to the dev for creating this, great hack :)

tefloncoated

Dec 13, 2011
NYC
Has anyone experienced an issue where the NFC just stops working? The check box is still ENABLED in settings, but the NFC tags are not being read. This happens with screen off or on. I have to disable and re-enable NFC in the settings to make it work again and be able to read the same tag. Then, after a period of time, NFC stops working again and i have to repeat the process.

Has anyone experienced an issue where the NFC just stops working? The check box is still ENABLED in settings, but the NFC tags are not being read. This happens with screen off or on. I have to disable and re-enable NFC in the settings to make it work again and be able to read the same tag. Then, after a period of time, NFC stops working again and i have to repeat the process.

Same thing happens to me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

tefloncoated

Dec 13, 2011
NYC
Let's see if we can trace our latest updates or mods... Not 100% sure, but I think my NFC hack was working fine until I installed the Google wallet hack. What was your latest set of mods?

boogyman12

Jul 19, 2012
Finally have enough posts for dev section -- wanted to say thanks for putting this flash together. i've had the lockscreen version working on both lem and lg1.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In the Samsung Galaxy S3 Stock ROM NFC does not work when screen is off or locked. With this mod NFC also works when screen is locked or off.

There are two versions. The first just enables NFC, when screen is on, but it also worked when it is locked. Also with a PIN or Password-Lock everything is fine. But it disables NFC when the SGS3 is in standby and the screen is off.
    The second version let NFC active all the time, even when the SGS3 is in standby and the screen is off.
    Nothing else is changed in the behaviour of the NFC.
    There are also two zips to go back to stock Nfc, one is odexed and one deodexed.

All ZIPs have to be flashed with CWM. You should wipe Dalvik cache after flashing.

This mod works for at least for I747UCALEM. This mod does not work with LFB now. It also doesn't work for CM9 or CM10. I will provide an updated Mod in the middle of August because I am at vacation now.

Please give me feedback, because I do not own this device and I cannot test the Mod on it! I just ported my MOD for the international S3 to the I747.

Disclaimer: As always, I hereby absolve myself of responsibility for any damage you cause to your phone by flashing this. There is inherent risk in modding your device, and by flashing anything in this thread you are taking that risk into your own hands. If something goes wrong, I will try and help. You should always make a Nandroid Backup before flashing.

To ROM Devs: You are more than welcome to use this in your ROMs! Just shoot me a little bit of credit in your release post!

Thank you: Geniusdog254 for the idea and the infos in your thread.

Here ist the link to the thread for the international S3 version:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1712024&page=7
    Here's working NFC with screen off or lockscreen for UCDLK3. Flash in recovery.

Note: Screen off also works on lockscreen.
    I can confirm that the Lockscreen one is working!! Thanks a bunch.

Do you know how this affects battery life? What about for the "off" one?
    confirmed working with screen off zip. used v5 cwm to install. works perfectly and should have been like this out of the box.
    If it's still there it won't work. So you'll have to delete it

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2