[Q] please help

Search This thread
Jun 3, 2012
i'm having bootloop after installing 17/02/2013 CM10.1 rom on my gsm gnex. the issues are:

1. i don't have any previous working cm10 rom saved in phone's sdcard.
2. can't get adb working, maybe because i never enabled usb debugging mode before.

fyi, i have never flashed any other roms, just CM roms. please assist..

bodh

Nov 28, 2012
Scranton
Do you have a custom recovery or experience with fastboot? Boot a recovery image via "fastboot boot recoveryname*.img", and adb is enabled.

bodh

Nov 28, 2012
Scranton
i don't have custom recovery, but i know how to get into fastboot. please explain how to ""Boot a recovery image via "fastboot boot recoveryname*.img"""
Attached is clockworkmod touch recovery for gsm galaxy nexus, maguro. Phone in bootloader mode, open a terminal, cd to directory of fastboot and where you move this file to, type fastboot devices to verify device is connected, then "fastboot boot CWMT6023.img", without the quotes of course. This will temporarily allow you to use clockworkmod recovery, and thus adb, without having it on your device once you have selected "reboot now".

And if that didn't help, try consulting http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1626895, since i'm thinking you haven't used fastboot in a terminal, but only know it's 'mode', and may need help with drivers.

You also might want to consider just straight out flashing cwm recovery, since YOU NEED TO MAKE BACKUPS!

Attachments

• CWMT6023.img
    5.8 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Jun 3, 2012
If u don't have a custom recovery how did u flash cm10?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

sorry, i got cwm. but what does fastboot have to do with cwm? i can't use cwm to restore because files can't be sent from computer to it.
as of fastboot in terminal, it seems the phone not connected to computer. is there anything has to do with my drivers? "fastboot device" command shows <waiting for device>

Last edited:

bodh

Nov 28, 2012
Scranton
I gave you that link to set up drivers more than anything else. If you already have cwm, boot to it and now you can adb push a rom.zip to your sdcard and install it, wipe caches and perhaps a factory reset [if you're changing to a different rom], OR, you can first try and wipe cache and advanced, dalvik cache to see if that fixes the bootloop.

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
1. Why didn't you make a backup?
2. Why didn't you make sure you know how to get out of this situation before flashing new ROMs?
3. Search as there are LOTS of tutorials on how to use adb to side load a new ROM via CWM

Jun 3, 2012
1. Why didn't you make a backup?
2. Why didn't you make sure you know how to get out of this situation before flashing new ROMs?
3. Search as there are LOTS of tutorials on how to use adb to side load a new ROM via CWM

I know how to use the adb to sideload a new ROM, thank you.
But please read my earlier post, in order to use adb, usb debugging mode must be enabled in android settings.
Mine is disabled, and i can't enable it now. :(

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
But please read my earlier post, in order to use adb, usb debugging mode must be enabled in android settings.

If you think that then you have no idea on how adb works... ;)

That is ONLY applicable when Android is running. As it's not, it's irrelevant...

cupfulloflol

Feb 27, 2010

ADB should work in your custom recovery regardless of USB debugging being enabled or disabled.

I can't tell you how many times I have rebooted into recovery, wiped, then realized I forgot to put a file on my sdcard that I wanted to flash. I then use adb to push the file(s) from within the recovery.

Edit: I really need to refresh prior to responding.

Jun 3, 2012
so i can't get adb working because of the driver? thats why i got "waiting for device" when pushing file to phone?

edit: i've installed all the required drivers, it's not my 1st time doing it. MAYBE, this computer never connected to my gnex before, as i've formatted it a few days ago. So the gnex driver was not properly installed.. Is it possible?

Last edited:

bodh

Nov 28, 2012
Scranton
If that version of cm 10 is for 4.2.2., then i think you may have an issue accessing adb without first getting the rsa verification, even in recovery (but im not sure). Looks like your only other option would be to fastboot flash stock images. And of course it sounds like driver issues, especially if your fastboot is not even working. Again, that link I posted will get you back up and running. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1626895