Atrix 2 Camera not working. Help please!

Search This thread

meangreen316

Dec 5, 2013
Hey guys,

I just got a Atrix 2 from a buddy of mine who recently upgraded phones. The screen is cracked and has 2 black spots, so I ordered a new screen and digitizer for it.

Anyways, the only other issue is that the camera does not work. I did a factory reset, and installed the ICS upgrade from android 2.3. Thinking maybe that would fix the camera not working issue. But it did not. Front camera works occasionally, but main camera never does and FC's camera app.

Is this a hardware or software issue? Are there any troubleshooting that I could try? If the camera itself is bad, I would simply install a new one while I have the phone tore down to install new screen and digitizer.

Any input or suggestions would be much appreciated guys!

Thank you!

Last edited:

Kshitijs

Jul 24, 2012
Mumbai
Try installing the "Ucam" app from the playstore and check if you can open it.

Why upgraded to ICS when jellybean is already available??(I think you did system update in the setting) If the above app also dosnt work then you can try installing a jellybean rom and check..

Is your sd card properly working?

meangreen316

Dec 5, 2013
Thank you for the reply! I tried installing the camera app you mentioned, and still does not work. It force closes, unless you choose the front camera.

As for why i didn't install JellyBean, honestly ive never rooted a phone nor have i installed a rom or the like. I simply downloaded and installed the OTA update to ICS. I wouldnt even know where to begin to root or install a custom Rom to be honest lol

Is it possible the camera hardware itself is bad? I downloaded a flashlight app, and the flash does not work either.

Thanks again guys!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Kshitijs

Jul 24, 2012
Mumbai
I also have experianced similar problems with the camera couple of times long ago..(probably when I was in ICS)

A simple reboot used to fix the issue..

I am not sure about your case.

SannanWasique

Jan 11, 2014
Bahawalpur
Hey guys,

I just got a Atrix 2 from a buddy of mine who recently upgraded phones. The screen is cracked and has 2 black spots, so I ordered a new screen and digitizer for it.

Anyways, the only other issue is that the camera does not work. I did a factory reset, and installed the ICS upgrade from android 2.3. Thinking maybe that would fix the camera not working issue. But it did not. Front camera works occasionally, but main camera never does and FC's camera app.

Is this a hardware or software issue? Are there any troubleshooting that I could try? If the camera itself is bad, I would simply install a new one while I have the phone tore down to install new screen and digitizer.

Any input or suggestions would be much appreciated guys!

Thank you!

did u find any solution ?