It has been over a month since the Nexus 5 release.

Search This thread

Jeeeenx

Nov 24, 2012
Why haven't any of the major teams (PA, AOKP, CM) put out a single build? I know they must be working on it, but I'm sure it doesn't take over a month even for an alpha.
When the N4 came out, ROMs popped up like roaches. What exactly is taking them so long?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jposton

Sep 4, 2013
Florence, SC
PA is currently working on there rom and don't want to release it until all bugs are worked out. Give it time, It will be Christmas soon and you will have plenty to choose from.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

DigitalUnderground

Oct 4, 2012
Lol @ op's ignorance. They have been building alpha builds since the device was released. Alpha builds are just barebone stock aosp. Is that what u expect from CM, PA, AOKP, OMNI??? No you want those specific ROM features. Well those developers (whom most have real jobs, kids, families, etc) are busting their ass for free to incorporate their features into their Roms for us and will drop them asap.

Instead of making pointless whiny spoiled little brat threads like this, Learn how to code yourself and please do share... Oh what's that? You can't? Then shut up and wait.

Reactions: imneveral0ne

TheAtheistOtaku

Oct 18, 2011
Buffalo
If you don't like to wait update the rom yourself. You obviously have no idea a to how big of a change KitKat was behind the scenes and what goes into making a ROM.

Last edited:

Nocturnal86

Jul 22, 2012
Los Angeles
Why haven't any of the major teams (PA, AOKP, CM) put out a single build? I know they must be working on it, but I'm sure it doesn't take over a month even for an alpha.
When the N4 came out, ROMs popped up like roaches. What exactly is taking them so long?

Wait impatient guy... If you want something thats FREE wait for it you are not entitled to ANYTHING, if you cant wait then why not code yourself dont be ungrateful be grateful they are even coding ROMS and btw CM nightlies are available....

Jeeeenx

Nov 24, 2012
I am terribly sorry but i seem to have caused some frustration for some if you. I must have chosen a poorly constructed sentence to ask my question. What I meant to ask was how big of a difference is there between jellybean and KitKat. I'm in no way a developer, and mean no offense to anyone.

Cirkustanz

May 5, 2010
It's cool man, people just undertandably can react in that way because let's face it...people nowadays love to complain and whine. This is true about everything. People whine in comments about something not being updated or fixed quickly enough, and then 2 hours later whine in comments about another app being updated and fixed too frequently.

Because somehow, it's all about them. I'm not saying that was your intention. But I will say that since I spent a small amount of time looking in the app development threads I had a better understanding of what the scenario was that explained your question. After reading a couple of the threads, I'm not very surprised that most of them are delaying releases a little while.

Here's another way of looking at it, Kit-Kat brought a lot of new features and improvements...and it even has a very significantly smaller footprint on the device. It is entirely understandable that the people who make custom ROM's, most of them who do it just for the pleasure of it, might take a little longer than we might have experienced in the past.

Personally, I'm calling it now...give it a little bit of time, and I really think the roms that are released in the future are going to be fantastic. As far as I can tell, there is literally no drawback to the current Nexus phone as it pertains to why a person would want to spend development time on it instead of another device.

That's a good thing for all of us!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's cool man, people just undertandably can react in that way because let's face it...people nowadays love to complain and whine. This is true about everything. People whine in comments about something not being updated or fixed quickly enough, and then 2 hours later whine in comments about another app being updated and fixed too frequently.

Because somehow, it's all about them. I'm not saying that was your intention. But I will say that since I spent a small amount of time looking in the app development threads I had a better understanding of what the scenario was that explained your question. After reading a couple of the threads, I'm not very surprised that most of them are delaying releases a little while.

Here's another way of looking at it, Kit-Kat brought a lot of new features and improvements...and it even has a very significantly smaller footprint on the device. It is entirely understandable that the people who make custom ROM's, most of them who do it just for the pleasure of it, might take a little longer than we might have experienced in the past.

Personally, I'm calling it now...give it a little bit of time, and I really think the roms that are released in the future are going to be fantastic. As far as I can tell, there is literally no drawback to the current Nexus phone as it pertains to why a person would want to spend development time on it instead of another device.

That's a good thing for all of us!
    Lol @ op's ignorance. They have been building alpha builds since the device was released. Alpha builds are just barebone stock aosp. Is that what u expect from CM, PA, AOKP, OMNI??? No you want those specific ROM features. Well those developers (whom most have real jobs, kids, families, etc) are busting their ass for free to incorporate their features into their Roms for us and will drop them asap.

Instead of making pointless whiny spoiled little brat threads like this, Learn how to code yourself and please do share... Oh what's that? You can't? Then shut up and wait.