MMS on ATT. How do I get it to work?

Search This thread

NoValidTitle

Jun 27, 2007
Maple Shade NJ
I've done a done of searching and I have no idea how I haven't found anyone with this issue. I can't get MMS to work on my N5. Textra just says unable to retrieve MMS and that I should check my APN settings but I can't find what settings should be in there. All my searching just comes up with MMS settings for some prepaid service.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

CatThief

Apr 28, 2012
Seriously? A Google search on "AT&T APN settings" gives you nothing?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Bruce Lee

Jan 20, 2011
Ohio
plus.google.com
I've done a done of searching and I have no idea how I haven't found anyone with this issue. I can't get MMS to work on my N5. Textra just says unable to retrieve MMS and that I should check my APN settings but I can't find what settings should be in there. All my searching just comes up with MMS settings for some prepaid service.

Google: LTE apns for ATT. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

klef25

Nov 16, 2008
St. Louis
I'm having the same issue with Textra. I'm not sure when it exactly started. I think when I updated Quantum ROM to 3.15, but maybe when I froze the stock messaging app. I froze messaging because I would get an alert for incoming message both from messaging and from Textra and even if I swiped the messaging alert away, it would just pop back. I've tried unfreezing messaging and that didn't help (but I'm not getting the extra alert, now). I've found the APN settings on another post in xda forums, but they weren't different from my own. I then when through all of Textra settings and found one for APN settings and it had different MMS APN settings than the phone (it was set to cingular instead of att). I've made them match now and am waiting see if I can receive MMS again. I'd be a little surprised if this fixes it, though, because Textra didn't have any trouble with MMS last month and I never went into the setting for it before.

natefish

Mar 4, 2008
Henderson, KY

If you're still having issues with this, I finally got Textra to work on AT&T by changing the size limit of mms to 1mb or below. I emailed Textra's devs and they told me that some carriers limit the size of mms. I guess Textra compresses mms automatically because I was able to send and receive photos just fine after I changed that setting. I was so frustrated with the APN settings, but it turned out to just be the size limit issue. How that helps.