Bootloader and root

Search This thread

mcgrathpatj

Nov 13, 2012
Hi guys,

New note 3 user and new to t-mobile.

Perhaps an already answered question, but how exactly do I go about unlocking my bootloader? I want to flash cm11 and twrp. Are the tmobile phones already unlocked?

If the answer to the above is no, what are the steps to get it unlocked and a new recovery installed? Point to a link would be great.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

djtheraven

Jun 1, 2008
Hi guys,

New note 3 user and new to t-mobile.

Perhaps an already answered question, but how exactly do I go about unlocking my bootloader? I want to flash cm11 and twrp. Are the tmobile phones already unlocked?

If the answer to the above is no, what are the steps to get it unlocked and a new recovery installed? Point to a link would be great.

Thanks!

Tmo bootloader is already unlocked

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mcgrathpatj

Nov 13, 2012
Ah.... cool. Thanks for the quick reply. So, root and then flash new recovery and good to go.

mcgrathpatj

Nov 13, 2012
And if I do care about it? I understood root De La vega was good to go.

useltonm

Apr 16, 2011
And if I do care about it? I understood root De La vega was good to go.

It is....to gain root. However, if you flash twrp(or a custom kernel, or non-stock rom for that matter) , you will change knox warranty to 0x1.

I've seen a thread about a safestrap recovery, but have no idea what roms work with it. You may (or may not) be able to get cm11 to work with it. You'll have to do some research.