S-pen notification

Search This thread

arty93

May 25, 2013
Any way to download something that turns off the message and vibration when the Spen has been disconnected? I'm rooted if that helps me in anyway.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

arty93

May 25, 2013
Just uncheck them under settings controls spen pen detachment

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I did that but still getting the notification in the status bar and vibration it also turns my screen on, I just don't want to it to detect it at all, similar to CM roms

arty93

May 25, 2013
All I want to to do is get rid of this annoying icon and vibration when the pen detaches

Attachments

• 1392307063390.jpg
    1392307063390.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 143

BclingergFJ

Sep 28, 2008
I use RecForge Lite to record a message. From within Note Buddy, it is enabled, show notification turned off, enable Quickbar turned off, auto-launch encounter, scroll to the bottom and turn on detach/insert sound, enter path to the noise file to be played, set volume noise volume.

Sent via my Note 8

arty93

May 25, 2013
Still can't get it to work. I can get rid of the icon that note buddy makes but can't get rid of the icon that samsung produces

Bulbous

Nov 10, 2012
Dubai
The problem is the sensitivity of the spen, when I pick up the tablet too fast sometimes the pen gets triggered

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ahhh, mine did that as well, very annoying. I used some clear sticky tape to just wrap around the top of the spen. Now it's a much better fit.
Some guys have returned their tabs to fix this, but I quite like the one I've got and don't want to get another one with problems. So I just put the tape.

arty93

May 25, 2013
Ahhh, mine did that as well, very annoying. I used some clear sticky tape to just wrap around the top of the spen. Now it's a much better fit.
Some guys have returned their tabs to fix this, but I quite like the one I've got and don't want to get another one with problems. So I just put the tape.

Where exactly did you wrap the tape? Could you post a pic? How many times around did you wrap it?

Thank you!

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
My mistake, you are stuck with that. I did not look closely at the picture.

Sent via my Note 8

Mine doesn't have that at all. Try long pressing on it and disabling notifications for the service

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

What settings did you change? Still getting the "spen has been detached" message and vibration

torn the notification off in note buddy

arty93

May 25, 2013
Mine doesn't have that at all. Try long pressing on it and disabling notifications for the service

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

torn the notification off in note buddy

Didn't fix it for me

Bulbous

Nov 10, 2012
Dubai
Where exactly did you wrap the tape? Could you post a pic? How many times around did you wrap it?

Thank you!

Pics not really going to help since it's clear tape. I can only just see it.

It's right at the top of the spen, The tape is 12-13 mm (1/2 inch). The spen has a deep ring about 1 mm in from the top and then a series of fine lines with Samsung name. Just put it over the fine lines starting closest to the deep ring. I wrapped the tape about 1 and a 1/2 times.
You want to be careful here.
First time I put it I wrapped twice and carefully put the pen back in the silo. It was still to tight to remove easily. Had to pull it out with my teeth.
Second time was perfect.

Geordie Affy

Oct 21, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Heres a wierd one...I dont get the notification of S-pen being detached :confused:

It just vanished the other day and no idea why, heres proof, i took a screenshot with the spen hoveing over the screen.

y5ynetam.jpg

I kinda want it back as many times I used to look at the notifcation to check if I've left it somehwere which many times I have lol.

Sent from Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition via Tapatalk.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

P.s. for anyone who wants to know what my settings are. Also I'm unrooted and on stock 4.3 uk

aja4ame9.jpg

Sent from Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition via Tapatalk.