Can't update CyanogenMod

Search This thread

DracoAzule

Dec 17, 2011
I'm on the latest TWRP version for my device. When I try to update to the new CyanogenMod nightlies I get the following error.

assert failed getprop ("ro.bootloader) = = "I747UCUEMJ2"
getprop ("ro.bootloader) = = "I747UCUEMJB"
getprop ("ro.bootloader) = = "I747MVLDMF1"
getprop ("ro.bootloader) = = "I747MVLUEMK5"
getprop ("ro.bootloader) = = "I747MUMUEMK3"

E: Error executing updater binary in zip "/sdcard/cmupdater/cm-11-20140215-NIGHTLY-d2att.zip"
Error flashing zip "/sdcard/cmupdater/cm-11-20140215-NIGHTLY-d2att.zip"

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
I'm on the latest TWRP version for my device. When I try to update to the new CyanogenMod nightlies I get the following error.

assert failed getprop ("ro.bootloader) = = "I747UCUEMJ2"
getprop ("ro.bootloader) = = "I747UCUEMJB"
getprop ("ro.bootloader) = = "I747MVLDMF1"
getprop ("ro.bootloader) = = "I747MVLUEMK5"
getprop ("ro.bootloader) = = "I747MUMUEMK3"

E: Error executing updater binary in zip "/sdcard/cmupdater/cm-11-20140215-NIGHTLY-d2att.zip"
Error flashing zip "/sdcard/cmupdater/cm-11-20140215-NIGHTLY-d2att.zip"

Your phone needs to have the latest TWRP or CWM installed and your bootloader must match one of the bootloaders in the list.

DracoAzule

Dec 17, 2011
Oh so that's a bootloader list?

I have the latest TWRP. Do you know where I can find those bootloaders?

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Oh so that's a bootloader list?

I have the latest TWRP. Do you know where I can find those bootloaders?
I prefer using a CWM-based recovery because I had problems with the latest TWRP.

Which phone do you have?

Be careful with loading bootloaders, especially the 4.3 bootloader because it can't be downgraded.

DracoAzule

Dec 17, 2011
Ok. My phone just happens to be in the middle of a Titanium Backup operation that's going to take a while so I'll try it out tomorrow and get back to you.

DracoAzule

Dec 17, 2011
I installed philz touch version 6.15.4 and I installed the modem_CWM_I747UCUEMJB bootloader.

And no I'm not doing full wipes. But what difference would it make? Should I do a full wipe then try installing a new ROM?

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
I installed philz touch version 6.15.4 and I installed the modem_CWM_I747UCUEMJB bootloader.

And no I'm not doing full wipes. But what difference would it make? Should I do a full wipe then try installing a new ROM?

Yes, not wiping can cause the ROM to hang during bootup but usually doesn't cause the ROM not to install.

DracoAzule

Dec 17, 2011
Well I tried wiping. Still a no go.

I'm going to reflash TWRP and then restore my original ROM backup, then see if I can flash a new CM from there.

EDIT: Actually I just realized the update I downloaded earlier was a radio update, not a bootloader update. TWRP still wouldn't install it. It was giving another weird error I didn't really bother to look at. I reflashed philz touch again and it installed like a charm.

I'll just have to remember not to restore a backup with an older bootloader again. I'll go ahead and make a new 'original' backup with a fresh install of CM.

Last edited: