MultiRom port by oblikas for all G2 variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

fsi09

Nov 19, 2012
xda
[Update]
For those of you who have been following this thread - Multirom has been released.
You can find it here: http://xdaforums.com/lg-g2/orig-development/alpha-multirom-v28-t2876272

it's still in ALPHA stage but that'll change soon I guess.

Thanks @patrik.KT
[/Update]

oblikas can port MultiRom to our G2 for all variants. With MultiRom you can use many roms at the same time, just reboot to switch between them.

You can check the S4 or One thread for more details:
http://goo.gl/jhykyC
http://goo.gl/vvKQkP

Also here is a video to see MultiRom in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHhjgHsbzwg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

If you want to see MultiRom, oblikas needs the G2, so let's help me to donate him.

This is his paypal email : djdre2006@gmail.com

Last edited:

souleman

Aug 9, 2010
Montrose, MI
MultiRom is open source. Would be nice to have someone that's already messed with the source code, but at the same time, any dev could build it. Just need one that knows what needs to be changed for the specific device.

and with all the differences in the G2, I don't think 1 port would work on all devices. There are to many hardware differences He could use one as a starting oint, but would still need multiple versions. Just like each model needs it's own recovery.

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
This sounds exactly like the safestrap recovery we had for the razr. Very useful.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

blazewit

Jun 16, 2010
Madison
MultiRom is open source. Would be nice to have someone that's already messed with the source code, but at the same time, any dev could build it. Just need one that knows what needs to be changed for the specific device.

and with all the differences in the G2, I don't think 1 port would work on all devices. There are to many hardware differences He could use one as a starting oint, but would still need multiple versions. Just like each model needs it's own recovery.
actually there are no pertinent hardware differences between g2s aside from an extra mic on att (korean versions aside) they all use the same mainboard. the only reason why they have to make all the differentversions is loki. and a few software differences made by carriers. even the radios are included on die in the snapdragon 800 its just what bands are enabled.

taronhov

Feb 11, 2014
MutiROM port for Lg G2

Dear OptimusRS,

Do you have any success with porting MultiROM to LG G2 device?
That would be great to have MultiROM feature! I have it on my Nexus 7(flo) and it is amazing!
It makes much easier testing and usage of different ROM-s.

Thanks!

eqbirvin

Apr 6, 2012
Colorado
Google Pixel Fold
Lets get this going!

Hey guys,
This would be amazing to get running, lets see about either donating a little bit of money to help the Dev get a G2 so he can help us
OR
If someone has an extra G2 or something along those lines.
I know many people here would LOVE this so lets try and get some attintion to it again!
:good::laugh:

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
actually there are no pertinent hardware differences between g2s aside from an extra mic on att (korean versions aside) they all use the same mainboard. the only reason why they have to make all the differentversions is loki. and a few software differences made by carriers. even the radios are included on die in the snapdragon 800 its just what bands are enabled.

Supposedly the Verizon is pretty different because of the specific LTE bands and Wireless Charging. Lots of Rom ports directly to Verizon cause lots of signal, dialer, rotation, MMS, and random reboots.

Not sure if they figured it out yet.

blazewit

Jun 16, 2010
Madison
Supposedly the Verizon is pretty different because of the specific LTE bands and Wireless Charging. Lots of Rom ports directly to Verizon cause lots of signal, dialer, rotation, MMS, and random reboots.

Not sure if they figured it out yet.

They all use the same main board and wireless charging works regardless of the rom. From what i can tell the issues are related to software differences not hardware. Even the lte band are most likely locked via software but since the antenna is different on the vs980 even if u could unlock the extra bands i doubt u could pick em up. Same for fm radio, the module is there its just not connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, so I think it's safe to say that the MultiROM is now in beta stage :D
    We successfully booted the SlimKat with its own kernel on LiquidSmooth+Vanir dorimanx kernel with kexec, i was also able to flash the gapps etc on it on my G2. Actually Loki makes things much more harder, that's why it takes so long.

Keep calm and wait for magic guys :p

of course praise the @patrik.KT , i'm only helping :D

EDIT: 100% working kexec hardboot patch:
    https://gist.github.com/PatrikKT/50faf32e8931d51c0c9a

We're still trying to fix that flashing zips on secondary roms issue (gapps, audio patches etc.). I don't want to release this until it works fine, so please be patient. :)

Odoslané z môjho HTC Desire 601
    We got it working.

But I won't release it today, we need to fix some bugs in recovery and also port the kexec hardboot patch.
    It's almost done, the only thing to get to work is installing zips on secondary roms. All the other things should work just fine. I will release this today or tomorrow. It will still be a WIP and only for d802. I will add all the other models later. :)

Odoslané z môjho Desire 601
    They don't have the patch yet. I'm working on the recovery now, when I finish this and it will work just okay, I will release this in WIP state and pass this patch do devs.

Odoslané z môjho HTC Desire 601

Count me in for the kernel patch test dev, my community will help testing asap.

Thanks for great work, that really will change the g2 as we know it.

Sent from my LG-D802