[unofficial] [recovery]twrp-2.6.3.0 4.4 compatible

Search This thread

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
Hey guys do non 4.3/4.4 ROMs work with this as well? I found that backups from previous versions of TWRP do not work with this one, but I forgot to test whether or not I could flash older versions of roms with this.

Yes. Everything does. If I'm not wrong, this does a better job because of multi-core processes? @jrior01

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk

AlxMAX

Sep 30, 2007
Bucharest
It's also interesting to know if backups of older ROMs made with this recovery can be restored properly and if the SELinux feature in the kernel changes the recovery behaviour when installing old ROMs.

AlxMAX

Sep 30, 2007
Bucharest
Just a question about the modified TWRP functionality. In the CyanogenMod OTA zip there's a file, file_contexts which describes the rules how to apply the SELinux contexts. Where in the flashing process is is taken into account? I have noticed that in the gapps zip, the updater-script has several lines which explicitly set the contexts.

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
In windows or Linux or Mac? I tested the last test build prior to release and didn't have any issues like that...
@timmaaa I didn't take my links down so people are still able to get my build if needed

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

This is the thread. I haven't flashed anything, so I have no issues. But since it was asked, I thought I might as well share the issue type

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2677842

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: jrior001

EVOQUE

Apr 15, 2011
Is it possible to add f2fs support?

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mods feel free to move if this is in the wrong section.

This is an unofficial build of TWRP RECOVERY built from the latest twrp sources HERE and the most recent HTC 4.2 3.4.10 Evita kernel source modified for selinux support and the latest cm11 device trees. This should work on all 4.4 ROMs to date.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23252070760973615

Kernel source
    Twrp device tree

Special thanks to Flemmard for letting me know this was possible and guiding me along.

Now that the official is out were done here, mods please close this thread up at your convenience. Thanks for playing all.

I noticed on this recovery that it mounts the internal SD memory faster than the stock 2.6.3.0. I also get the "safetly remove hardware and eject media" tray icon on the bottom right of the screen. I didn't get this with the stock 2.6.3.0. I'm on Windows 8

In addition to these changes I like the updated context menu and dialogue changes as well. Somebody put more work into this custom build than just making it 4.4 compatible.

As far as I can tell, it is a complete replacement for the stock recovery. I used it to flash 4.3 Roms and it worked just fine. Unless somebody can tell me different, I can't see a need to flash different recoveries for different Roms. I noticed users are under the impression that this custom recovery is "only" for 4.4 Roms. I do not believe this is the case.

2 things going on here, 1 using stick HTC kernel helps with all the USB issues. 2 I'm using the latest and greatest twrp source. Itsbbeen along time since we got an official update, things have changed a bit.

Been working a little with mdmower (CM guy for fireball/m7vzw) on some recovery things. We got one last bug I think and them we may be able to get some official twrp updates out for all our devices.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk
    Should not be a problem

That's a paid app isn't it? There's a great free one called Recovery Tools that works just as well.

Sent from my Evita