CyanogenMod 7 for Aria :: V7.0.0-RC4 (30 March 2011) Holy crap, FM Radio!

Search This thread

jznomoney

May 19, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

This version is a release candidate, but you will find it stable for everyday use.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the HTC Aria, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
  2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
  4. Perform a factory reset.
  5. Flash CyanogenMod.
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
  1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device wassoft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full ourput.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
Latest version: update-cm-7.0.0-RC2-Liberty
Download: link
Mirror: link
MD5sum: dcd15ee10484097756d396c3c7095825
Google Apps addon:
Version: gapps-gb-20110307
The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Last edited:

farquep

Jun 23, 2010
Glad to see you all beat out all of the att devs :). keep up the good work. Can't wait until I find time to finally jump into building of CM.

Sent from my Liberty using XDA App (Soon to be CM7)

seboj

Jan 21, 2010
Atlanta
And HERE WE GOOOO! Installed like they were made for each other ;)

5450283866_7e84d7a793.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: hoss9009

jeebuz

Nov 29, 2010
WiFi shows that it is connected (white bars), but there is no connection. I'm on my laptop through the same router so.... it's not our router/internet connection.

EDIT: It seems to have corrected itself.. nevermind.

Last edited:

L551

Nov 30, 2010
So I can easily flash this over Build 37, right?

Sent from my Aria - CM7 Build 37

darknomad23

Jul 27, 2010
Thank you all so much for this effort. It truly has paid off. I just flashed RC1 and it is running beautifully. This may not be most appropriate place for this but one thing I found is the percentage indicator is displaying (%d%%) instead of the actual percentage of battery. My battery is low and the phone is prompting 'Connect your charger' followed by this incorrect percentage.

Once again I just wanted to say I appreciate this work greatly.

Rors

Oct 2, 2010
Sydney
I flashed this earlier! Its great so far. Been on build 33 for a week or so and had no issues, so this should be the same!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

This version is a release candidate, but you will find it stable for everyday use.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the HTC Aria, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device wassoft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full ourput.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
    Latest version: update-cm-7.0.0-RC2-Liberty
    Download: link
    MD5sum: dcd15ee10484097756d396c3c7095825
    Google Apps addon:
    Version: gapps-gb-20110307
    The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    GPS Library Revert

Here is an update.zip format revert for the GPS libraries that were changed in RC4. Just flash it like any rom and it will copy the old library files to the proper location.

edit: second try on the attachment....XDA is breaking my balls.
    I inserted the files right into the ROM zip in the same locations. Everything worked like a charm. Here go the files, just extract them and insert them either directly into the phone (using the previously posted instuctions) or into the ROM itself before you flash.
    advanced task killer free was restored from myroot backup, so i've been using it. i just opened it and it said 69MB free. i killed stuff and reopened it and now it's over 100MB free. ??? wouldnt that mean i need it?

And for what you want that space free? Is like taking socks off the socks drawer in order to make space for more socks. And Android is much better than any app at knowing which socks you like to wear when having too many socks.
    Hello everybody
    I have tried a lot of CM7 builds but in every build the GPS doesn't work.
    Now I Tried RC2 (from a CM6 stable where GPS works) and GPS still don't works.

It's my fault?

You (and a bunch of others) really need to read the thread or search before you post. There are several fixes listed. The one that I used involves the Nandroid backup / restore. I did that early on and it's stuck since. YMMV as there are reports of it either not working or not sticking.

Factory reset is available through Clockwork.