[BETA] Touch Blocker - suppress touch events on HC and ICS

Search This thread

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
Touch Blocker Beta - a simple but useful app that makes holding and using your device easier

There are two basic functions:

- create dead zones where touches do not register
- filter the screen when reading in low light

We are already in a relatively stable Beta release - whats left now is adding new features and making it all look pretty. You can follow this process at the thread here.

Please be sure to write suggestions - we are looking forward to engaging the community and building a useful and nifty application that many will enjoy!

Dont forget - im looking for suggestions, so please think what the app is missing and let me know wither through the app or by writing here. Thanks in advance :)

Market link

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fahrbot.apps.touchblocker

Screens

Debugging

If you experience issues, the best way to help is by reproducing them and then clicking "write to us" - be sure to include a description of your error or we may not read the logs.

Weve actually done a lot of testing on this device, but suggestions are very welcome and of course we havent tried it on all the roms :)

xyellx

Jun 17, 2010
This maybe usefull for devices with a strange acting displays (ex. my Nexus some time) or devices with a small border.

BUT whats the benefit for my Transformer?

I mean i got a HUGE frame to hold it in tab only mode, and dock for watching movies and text stuff.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
This maybe usefull for devices with a strange acting displays (ex. my Nexus some time) or devices with a small border.

I mean i got a HUGE frame to hold it in tab only mode, and dock for watching movies and text stuff.

Thats something youll have to find for yourself...

Nebucatnetzer

Feb 4, 2011
I have some suggestions.

• It would be nice if it could switch between landscape and portrait mode. Because my bars are too small in portrait mode.
  • I had some problems with cropping the size of the blocked area. You might want to improve the area where you have to touch or give an indicator what exactly the user has to do.

I like the idea. However it would be cooler if would be intelligent like the XOOM 2. Which can tell the difference between a finger and the palm. Especially because I have all my icons on the side of the screen.

Reactions: ftgg99

st0nedpenguin

Jun 13, 2011

It's great when you have a 10 month old baby watching Elmo's World in the car who likes to grab the screen every 3 seconds and keep backing out of DICE player!

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010

New configuration interface
Split shake and notification controls
Fixed many minor bugs from the logs

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010

Improved shake sensitivity
Added toast toggles
Reworked UI to be quicker

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
The only thing that drives me crazy is the system tray when I'm using an app or playing a game. I keep hitting that and the menu overlaps any controls I'm using on screen.

I think the system tray menu should be a long press to open. I'm hardly wanting to open it up often anyway.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
The only thing that drives me crazy is the system tray when I'm using an app or playing a game. I keep hitting that and the menu overlaps any controls I'm using on screen.

I think the system tray menu should be a long press to open. I'm hardly wanting to open it up often anyway.

What system tray? Im not sure i understand...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have some suggestions.

• It would be nice if it could switch between landscape and portrait mode. Because my bars are too small in portrait mode.
    • I had some problems with cropping the size of the blocked area. You might want to improve the area where you have to touch or give an indicator what exactly the user has to do.

I like the idea. However it would be cooler if would be intelligent like the XOOM 2. Which can tell the difference between a finger and the palm. Especially because I have all my icons on the side of the screen.
    I already have something like it on the to do list!