Gooapple V5 3G and relative ROMs

Search This thread

abailey10

Dec 31, 2010
can anyone confirm 3G service is working in the US with the GooApple V5 3G??

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Ziggurath

May 9, 2012
The GooPhone is already selled, Androidmobilepad has it in stock.

Is it safe to buy form this site?
I think i want to buy this GooPhone Y5 just for the lulz and as a backup phone. fool around with different roms and stuff.

EDIT:
and does anyone know if they actually have it in stock, or if just "pre-order slots" are in stock?
thanks

Last edited:

barrobaes

Mar 18, 2012
fruitsphone

When my phone tries to turn on, the screen brightens.. then the phone makes som "ticks" .. and nothing happens..

yes my phone too---this is a scam of fastercardtech...I clain paypal they said send me a firmwere but i do not know anythink abaut yet

DJ_Jedi

Jun 10, 2010
Is it safe to buy form this site?
I think i want to buy this GooPhone Y5 just for the lulz and as a backup phone. fool around with different roms and stuff.

EDIT:
and does anyone know if they actually have it in stock, or if just "pre-order slots" are in stock?
thanks
They say in stock, so i think they actually have it, but you can always contact them through the live help button on the left.

El Jefe del Caribe

Mar 23, 2012
Long, multi-subject post:

1) Well, I lost my PayPal claim against lovebargaining...:(:eek:

Then won it...:D:D:D

I got an email from them this morning saying they did not rule in my favor, i.e., no refund.

I'm like WTF???????????:confused:

So I call and ask why....of course having to run the phone gauntlet before I get to a human. I spoke to someone in resolution and was told I "lost" because the phone was never received by the seller, and because PayPal never gave me the address of where it should be sent.

:confused::confused::confused:

I told them:
1) It's PayPal policy for buyers and sellers to work out their differences and the seller told me to ship it back; I did, costing me $78. That's an expensive act of Good Faith in complying with a PayPal policy. I didn't need for them to give me an address because the seller did.
2) Of COURSE he never "received" it; it's sitting in customs in Shenzhen because HE chose not to pay the duty and REFUSED to accept it. (I had given them the DHL tracking # so they could have seen for themselves.)

I got kicked up to a supervisor, where I retold my story to a person who listened intently. And WHILE I'm talking with her I get an email from PayPal she generated approving my claim, $$$ headed to my account!

tumblr_lrqx1zPVib1qbbz06o1_r1_400.gif

I thanked her profusely and my faith in PayPal has been restored.

Now, two more things I'd like to bring up:

2) I'm thinking of putting up a forum for the sole purpose of exposing online scam sellers of digital devices and praising solid, reputable vendors. What do you think? Any interest in participating?

3) After my experience I'm re-thing what I want in a phone. I'm not wedded at all in the iPhone design. It's nice but I'm over it. I'm looking for a phone with:
  • fast processor, at least 1mhz
  • HD screen MOL equal to the Gooapple/iPhone 4 retina, but at least 4"
  • Android 2.3.X, upgradable to 4 when the bugs are worked out
  • GSM 1800/1900
  • WCDMA 3G 850 or 900
  • dual SIMS a plus
  • Wifi, bluetooth, GPS
  • solid camera (the F27 I had was pure crap) with flash/flashlight
  • solid 780p video
  • easily unlocked/rooted, with proven ROM and/or launchers available
  • available apps (Google)
  • Actual English, no Chinese mishmash
  • Battery upgrade

I came across the Zopo ZP100, did some research and am impressed, especially for the money. Seems to hit all my criteria including a 1900ah battery upgrade. AND at a very modest price.

Promo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-VVsTO4p_g

Anybody have any exposure, experience or comments on this phone?

Additionally, I found a vendor who will do the rooting, other technical details and install the Android App Store very reasonably: etotalk.com Zopo ZP100. It could come 100% ready to rock 'n Roll out of the box.

Anyone know anything about the vendor etotalk.com? anexonel, I know the company you're affiliated with also carries this phone, but don't seem to offer the additional tech services and accessories that would interest me. Maybe those services would be something to consider as a future revenue stream. Frankly, after the lovebargaining debacle, I have no more time to screw around with rooting and ROMS. I just want a solid, feature-packed inexpensive cell phone.

What say you all?:)

anexonel13

Mar 23, 2012
#MontrealTexas
www.anexonel.co.cc
Anyone know anything about the vendor etotalk.com? anexonel, I know the company you're affiliated with also carries this phone, but don't seem to offer the additional tech services and accessories that would interest me. Maybe those services would be something to consider as a future revenue stream. Frankly, after the lovebargaining debacle, I have no more time to screw around with rooting and ROMS. I just want a solid, feature-packed inexpensive cell phone.

What say you all?:)

Im happy you won the claim! :)
For the website, well if you check this out, it isnt http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/etotalk.com.

Were I am affiliated(here are two websites 1 & 2
Maybe you can ask them but it is sure that the phone will come with some fingerprints and the plastic cover and that It wont be factory new.(from etotalk and rofen)
Also you idea of making a website on fony websites is interesting.

tech_girl

Jul 29, 2007
Hi Anexonel,

Are the roms on your website rooted? Which is the best rom in your opinion to install?

Sent from my Mediacom 810C using XDA

Last edited:

rafa55

Mar 10, 2012
I would like to know, definitely what is the last ROM for the Goophone V5 3G (PCB_E907 and modem_3G) to put in English.

I have installed: apple_v3g_12.02.16_gooaple_en.zip

But I don’t know, is it the best?

Thanks!

When my phone tries to turn on, the screen brightens.. then the phone makes som "ticks" .. and nothing happens..

yes my phone too---this is a scam of fastercardtech...I clain paypal they said send me a firmwere but i do not know anythink abaut yet

Found any solution yet?

I have the exact same problem.. I didn't even use my phone for 2 days before this happened.. I have made a paypal dispute on Fastcardtech.com for 2 reasons..

1) Sending me a phone that is not the phone I ordered..
2) For sendings such a piece of crap that doesn't work...

Yeah.. it brightens up the screen.. and then it sounds like a broken harddrive.. "tick" - "tick" ..

rafa55

Mar 10, 2012
Hello anexonel, I undeertood this is the latest rom version. I downloaded and installed this V5 3G rom from your web, but I can't find the account and synchronization.

Another question I have is how I can install in the system/app some applications like you, because I used the Root Explorer and changed the permissions but when I copy to the app file it doesn't works, I hope you can explain the procedure to do it.

Thanks in advance!

anexonel13

Mar 23, 2012
#MontrealTexas
www.anexonel.co.cc
Hello anexonel, I undeertood this is the latest rom version. I downloaded and installed this V5 3G rom from your web, but I can't find the account and synchronization.

Another question I have is how I can install in the system/app some applications like you, because I used the Root Explorer and changed the permissions but when I copy to the app file it doesn't works, I hope you can explain the procedure to do it.

Thanks in advance!

It is located in iCloud. To install apps to system/app you copy the apk and odex their than you change both their permissions. But not every apps are comaptible for that.

@whitetigerdk Congratulations on that win!

Wingchundub

Mar 6, 2012
3) After my experience I'm re-thing what I want in a phone. I'm not wedded at all in the iPhone design. It's nice but I'm over it. I'm looking for a phone with:
  • fast processor, at least 1mhz
  • HD screen MOL equal to the Gooapple/iPhone 4 retina, but at least 4"
  • Android 2.3.X, upgradable to 4 when the bugs are worked out
  • GSM 1800/1900
  • WCDMA 3G 850 or 900
  • dual SIMS a plus
  • Wifi, bluetooth, GPS
  • solid camera (the F27 I had was pure crap) with flash/flashlight
  • solid 780p video
  • easily unlocked/rooted, with proven ROM and/or launchers available
  • available apps (Google)
  • Actual English, no Chinese mishmash
  • Battery upgrade

I came across the Zopo ZP100, did some research and am impressed, especially for the money. Seems to hit all my criteria including a 1900ah battery upgrade. AND at a very modest price.

Promo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-VVsTO4p_g

Anybody have any exposure, experience or comments on this phone?

I was actually looking at this myself but held off as not sure whether to wait for the dami y5, but there again it is overpriced and after the f27, slow slow slow even thou it does the job, i doubt i will buy another gooapple unless someone can say why i should.
Will it play decent games fast, no lagging, does gps work on the zopo, can it be rooted?
All answers which need to be answered and i will consider, but knowing the way life goes, i buy one then they introduce a better one weeks later, which they already have the ZOPO zp200 3G.
Not spending on Chinese phones if they are utter toss to be honest just to keep up with others and being told how good it is when they are wank.
Just a fast android nice looking phone that does the essentials the wank gooapple can't.

Last edited:

anexonel13

Mar 23, 2012
#MontrealTexas
www.anexonel.co.cc
Anex,
Do you have any other info on this phone to come out from gooapple ;)

Well the only information I got is that it is going to have a mt6575 processor and maybe the looks of the iPhone 4s
Also there are 2 different models of gooapple V5 3G but there is no way to knwo the difference, the latest one has a better camera, a better screen and a better gps chip

Last edited:

craiggee

dami y5 is instock@ androidmobilepad
http://androidmobilepad.com/dami-y5-samsung-iphone.html

I ended up getting a Samsung S2 phone for cheap on contract so no more messing around with these phones. I can recommend the S2 to anyone that wants a "Fully Working" (yes even GPS) - large screen mobile. Couldn't be happier TBH. Connecing it to my 55" LED 3d TV is great for playing back movie's an games too..

I still might get an iphone 5 clone if it has a larger retina screen later for my wife if the price is ok.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm opening this new thread since the 3G version of the Gooapple is now out.

We can gather here to help each other to develop new ROMs and improve existing ones for this device.

If you're looking for the latest official stock (non-modified) ROM for this smartphone, look no further; you can find and download them right here: Gooapple V5 3G ROMs. It's in chinese but with the help of a translator it shouldn't be hard to download what you're looking for.

People who already have this phone can start discussing and posting their work here.
    Feel free to ask any question.

I will start my own work as soon as i get my Gooapple V5 3G.
    How do I make a gps.conf file and where do I place the file?

As per your PM about this. Here are some steps to follow.

Easy way: install fasterfix from market: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=825717

Make sure you are rooted (using superone click 2.3.3)-> Install fasterfix -> launch and select Europe (as ur in U.k) from the server list,save. just to confirm it worked-> using Root Explorer, make sure you have a gps.conf file sitting under system/etc after you have run fasterfix as the original gooapple roms put the gps.conf file in the wrong location (system/etc/firmware).
    check permissions of gps.conf in root explorer
    Owner=read\write
    Group=read
    Others=read

Install "GPS Test" from market
    Install "GPS Status & Toolbox"

on the phone goto Settings->location services-> turn on Use GPS Satellites & GPS EPO Assistance & A-GPS & Use wireless networks (wireless networks not needed but i do it anyway). Make sure data is enabled aswell to update google maps.

Go into "GPS Status & Toolbox" and reset A-GPS under settings then exit, go back into "GPS Status & Toolbox" and it should download new A-GPS data if not go back into settings and click download. exit.

Go into GPS Test and check you have Sats showing up and bars on the signal graph, bars should move up depending on signal.

If it looks good go into googlemaps and see if it finds your house within 10 meters (not 100 or 1000, as that just means its using cell towers or wifi to locate you. GPS chip should actually lock within a meter or so).

Hope it works for you. as I mentioned earlier my gps does not work at all at the moment. But in theory you should be able to see something in gps test app even without the correct info in gps.conf file, will just take longer to lock.

what are NTP servers?
    sometimes there are drift errors and dilution in time precision in the time keeping in GPS receivers. Getting a proper GPS fix all depends on high precision of time keeping. That is why NTP servers are used to correct time errors. Read more about Time Synchronization using NTP here. Yes, using faster or server more local to you will result in a faster TTFF (this is why you can also manually add the NTP servers closer to you from http://www.pool.ntp.org/, but faster fix should still work fine).

this is a simple manual gps.conf file for europe..

NTP_SERVER=europe.pool.ntp.org
    XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    INTERMEDIATE_POS=1
    C2K_HOST=c2k.pde.com
    C2K_PORT=1234
    SUPL_HOST=FQDN
    SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com
    SUPL_PORT=7276
    SUPL_SECURE_PORT=7275
    SUPL_NO_SECURE_PORT=3425
    ACCURACY_THRES=5000
    CURRENT_CARRIER=common
    DEFAULT_USER_PLANE=TRUE
    REPORT_POSITION_USE_SUPL_REFLOC=1

and this is a more local gps.conf for NZ.

NTP_SERVER=0.nz.pool.ntp.org
    NTP_SERVER=1.oceania.pool.ntp.org
    NTP_SERVER=3.oceania.pool.ntp.org
    XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    INTERMEDIATE_POS=1
    C2K_HOST=c2k.pde.com
    C2K_PORT=1234
    SUPL_HOST=FQDN
    SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com
    SUPL_PORT=7276
    SUPL_SECURE_PORT=7275
    SUPL_NO_SECURE_PORT=3425
    ACCURACY_THRES=5000
    CURRENT_CARRIER=common
    DEFAULT_USER_PLANE=TRUE
    REPORT_POSITION_USE_SUPL_REFLOC=1
    WORKING English CWM Recovery for Gooapple V5 3G :)

Here is the recovery.img

http://www.sendspace.com/file/x0pn98

Be careful:

1. Make sure its a GooApple V5 3G
    2. Make sure you have root
    3. Make sure you have backed up your initial recovery before playing.

Good Luck

medicuk
    ...Hopefully you can also help them with their english!!

With all due respect Anexonel needs a bit of help with his English. :p

But... "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king", so surely it is still for the better.

That being said he is a great guy and a tremendous asset to our community! Keep up the great work Anexonel!
    Serious point here!!!!!

I have been helping people get their 'gooapple V5 3G' rooted and running the newest roms...

SEVERAL OF THEM HAVE PHONES THAT BEAR NO SIMILARITY TO A GOOAPPLE V5 a GOOAPPLE V5 3G or even a 'gooapple V6'.

NOT A GOOAPPLE V5 3G!!!!!
    34retl1.jpg
    NOT A GOOAPPLE V5 3G!!!!!

Rooting is pretty similar across all android devices.

THE ROMS ARE VERY SPECIFIC TO HARDWARE.....

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure you know what device you are playing with before you make your life very difficult and ruin them....

I've said my piece.....

medicuk