Initial audio delay over bluetooth

Search This thread
Oct 17, 2010
Everyone,

I am having about 2-3 seconds of no audio when using my Bose soundlink mini with my Surface 2 Pro and watching videos. I have tried re-pairing the device as well as uninstalling the drivers from device manager and reinstalling them to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks.

SixSixSevenSeven

Dec 26, 2012
Is this only when the device first pairs or does it persist for the entire session? On first pairing, that is entirely normal. Entire session, bluetooth does have latency but not 2 seconds worth, very strange, it is usually enough to spot lip sync errors in films I find.

Oct 17, 2010
Is this only when the device first pairs or does it persist for the entire session? On first pairing, that is entirely normal. Entire session, bluetooth does have latency but not 2 seconds worth, very strange, it is usually enough to spot lip sync errors in films I find.

Strange thing is, when I first pair my surface to the speakers and watch a video, there is no delay. The delay only happens on every video after that.

hisoft

Feb 17, 2009
I have all time delay problem with my old Windows Mobile device. That time it happen because Bluetooth audio service have a large buffer. The problem were solve by change it to smaller value.

Hope this can help you.