[Q] Strange charging

Search This thread

Philipp_94

Nov 29, 2012
Leipzig
After I flashed the new IC 3.0.5 i got a huge charging problem.
At first my phone charged very slowly. First I thought that it is a consequence of the hboot update. But it isn't.
Then over night and today there was no charging at all. I nearly cried.
Now that I reflashed IC 3.0.3 my phone charges again.

Now my question: is my phone bricked? With GSAM battery monitor and other programs or the #xxx# method with the dialer
everything says that my battery is ok. When I connect my phone to my PC there is no problem with the connection but the slow charging still is a thing.

donkeykong1

Aug 6, 2012
Sesvete, Zagreb
At first my phone charged very slowly. First I thought that it is a consequence of the hboot update. But it isn't.

Now my question: is my phone bricked? With GSAM battery monitor and other programs or the #xxx# method with the dialer
everything says that my battery is ok. When I connect my phone to my PC there is no problem with the connection but the slow charging still is a thing.
Do you even know what "bricked" means? You can use the phone, and it charges. What's with the brick question? I'm not trying to thrash you, but you could at least find out what bricked means before you asked such stupid question. To answer your question - no, it's not bricked

Last edited:
Reactions: Philipp_94

Philipp_94

Nov 29, 2012
Leipzig
Do you even know what "bricked" means? You can use the phone, and it charges. What's with the brick question? I'm not trying to thrash you, but you could at least find out what bricked means before you asked such stupid question. To answer your question - no, it's not bricked

I know what bricked means. Just after the last flash it doesn't charge like it did before. I just want to know why and (if) how I can fix it.

donkeykong1

Aug 6, 2012
Sesvete, Zagreb
I know what bricked means. Just after the last flash it doesn't charge like it did before. I just want to know why and (if) how I can fix it.
How long does it charge? My phone charges about 2.5 hours from 0% to 100% on my current ROM. On some other ROMs I tried it charged almost 5 hours. Anyway, slow charge is even better than fast one if you ask me. Your battery doesn't heat as much and thus getting charged better and lower amp values give more complete charge than high values from faster charge

Philipp_94

Nov 29, 2012
Leipzig
How long does it charge? My phone charges about 2.5 hours from 0% to 100% on my current ROM. On some other ROMs I tried it charged almost 5 hours. Anyway, slow charge is even better than fast one if you ask me. Your battery doesn't heat as much and thus getting charged better and lower amp values give more complete charge than high values from faster charge

It takes about 10 hours.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

donkeykong1

Aug 6, 2012
Sesvete, Zagreb
It takes about 10 hours.

What??? Did you try with another charger? Dou you have fastcharge option enabled? For me fastcharge slowed down normal charging. Anyway, 10 hours is waaay to long. You can backup your ROM anf flash another just to se how it charges on other ROM. If it's the same, then you have a hardware problem

Philipp_94

Nov 29, 2012
Leipzig
What??? Did you try with another charger? Dou you have fastcharge option enabled? For me fastcharge slowed down normal charging. Anyway, 10 hours is waaay to long. You can backup your ROM anf flash another just to se how it charges on other ROM. If it's the same, then you have a hardware problem

I didn't have fastcharge enabled. I have no kernel for it installed. I have a 2amh charger and when i play games on the charger it discharges. I don't know if that has something to do with the firmware update on 6.xx or is it because my rom isn't on the 6.xx base?

donkeykong1

Aug 6, 2012
Sesvete, Zagreb
I didn't have fastcharge enabled. I have no kernel for it installed. I have a 2amh charger and when i play games on the charger it discharges. I don't know if that has something to do with the firmware update on 6.xx or is it because my rom isn't on the 6.xx base?
Firmware shouldn't cause it. I'm on old firmware, bit my phone charges fine. As I said, try some other ROM and see if it charges fine to rule out hardware fault. If you want to deal with backing up and reflashing that is. I remembered one more thing just now. What recovery do you have?

sith79

Jul 1, 2014
Mine phone also discharged when playing games connected on charger. Without touching it, it took about 5h to charge, stock unrooted phone. Turned out that problem was in USB extention cord i used between charger and phone.. Now it charges in 2,5h.

Philipp_94

Nov 29, 2012
Leipzig
Firmware shouldn't cause it. I'm on old firmware, bit my phone charges fine. As I said, try some other ROM and see if it charges fine to rule out hardware fault. If you want to deal with backing up and reflashing that is. I remembered one more thing just now. What recovery do you have?

I did a Factory rest last night and now it seems to charge faster about 10% in 3/4h. I use the twrp 2.6.3.3

Philipp_94

Nov 29, 2012
Leipzig
That's good. Maybe some files were left behind in battery stats that caused strange behaviour. TWRP 2.6.3.3 is fine. Some later releases had charging issues, that's why I asked

I don't know how and why, but my phone charges perfectly normal. I didn't do anything.

iamchard

Jul 3, 2014
my phone running stock firmware and sometimes it experiences slow charging as well...
i wonder if it is because of the background apps that are running or smth?

iarejohnsmith

Mar 10, 2012
Funny thing. I've experienced this mythical slow charge exactly twice now, and so I decided to search around today. I am running ARHD 71.1 with ElementalX 14.2.
Both times it was not fully charged when I woke in the morning, and when I checked the battery history it charged at about the same rate as it had drained the previous day, which is obviously weird.
I'm wondering if it has to do with the way I plug it in or something. Or maybe there was a kernel anomaly (the next day I tried the old turning it off and on again, and it hung on bootsplash for a looooonng time, but then managed to boot. weird). :silly:

Philipp_94

Nov 29, 2012
Leipzig
Funny thing. I've experienced this mythical slow charge exactly twice now, and so I decided to search around today. I am running ARHD 71.1 with ElementalX 14.2.
Both times it was not fully charged when I woke in the morning, and when I checked the battery history it charged at about the same rate as it had drained the previous day, which is obviously weird.
I'm wondering if it has to do with the way I plug it in or something. Or maybe there was a kernel anomaly (the next day I tried the old turning it off and on again, and it hung on bootsplash for a looooonng time, but then managed to boot. weird). :silly:

That's the same thing that I experience. I've not solved my problem for 100%. From time to time the "strange-charging-ghost" comes around but I don't know how and why. I just plug and unplug a few times and then its pretty normal. I hope that I don't have to get a repair because A: I am out of warranty and B: I don't know if it could get fixed. Anyway I just did a factory reset and flashed a RUU and everything was pretty normal.
Ps: my Diagnostic centre *#*#4636#*#* says that my battery is OK

Reactions: iarejohnsmith

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It takes about 10 hours.

I did a Factory rest last night and now it seems to charge faster about 10% in 3/4h. I use the twrp 2.6.3.3
    That's good. Maybe some files were left behind in battery stats that caused strange behaviour. TWRP 2.6.3.3 is fine. Some later releases had charging issues, that's why I asked