[Q] Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting and telling me that "Sign in is required" 2 days ago

Search This thread

Josu-

Nov 4, 2012
[Q] Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting and telling me that "Sign in is required" 2 days ago

Hi,

I have been looking in internet and didnt find any info about this kind of issue...hope somebody can help me with this.

The thing is that 2 days ago, when I return home I realized that my Wi-Fi wasnt connected, and in the Wi-Fi networks, under my Wi-Fi name I got the message "Sign-in is required" (which is weird because I neverd had to do that), after tapping on it and connect, it launches the message of "Sign in Wi-Fi network" and take me to the browser where it tries to open "google.es/?gws_rd=ssl " but nothing happens. Then after a couple of minutes I got disconnected with the message "this network has been disconnected. your sign-in timed out" and then goes again to the "sign in is required".

This issue only happens with my place Wi-Fi, at my office the phone connects to Wi-Fi and works like before and without any problem. And at my place it only affects to my Note 2, my gf S3 has no problem, some older devices like HTC Desire HD or Chacha also can connect to internet without problems, and the same goes for my laptop and ps3.

I tried changing network password, name and nothing. I removed the pass for my network and still the same...and after reseting the router no changes.

As far I remember the day the problems started I almost didnt use my phone, and didnt change any settings at all.

As for the device, I'm runing the original rom with android 4.3. On monday I had a small update throught Kies to "PDA:NE1 / PHONE:NE1 / CSC:NE1 (TGY)" and it worked perfectly.

any idea of what could be the problem?

thanks!

oliveblue

Jul 10, 2014
is there any solution to this?

I am having exactly the same problem with a brand new galaxy trend plus. since we bought it and brought it home yesterday I've searched all over the internet and tried almost every advice I found on problems with wifi connection, but with no success. the phone is running on android 4.2.2, and we have another phone and a tablet on 4.2.2 which never had any problems with the wifi.

rangertdc

Feb 21, 2008
I'm seeing what I think is this same issue on my Galaxy S5 on our corporate network. We have a captive portal page that needs to be accepted every few days, but once you accept once, you're good for that period of time. However, after that first captive portal, my phone is assuming that every time it connects there is a captive portal, so it isn't connecting automatically. If I forget the network and re-connect after I've hit the captive portal for that first time, it works as expected and will auto-reconnect if I roam to a different AP, etc.

RhumbaBums

Feb 12, 2011
need help!

Hi everybody,

Is there a solution for that problem? I did everythig that told in manу threads but still got nothing helpful. I found the Google developer's thread so it is suppossed to be not a bug but a special feature that no one can turn off.
I usually use pablic WiFi captive portals and nowhere I can set stable coonection on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T215. :confused:

RhumbaBums

Feb 12, 2011
I found a solution!

Hi everybody,

Is there a solution for that problem? I did everythig that told in manу threads but still got nothing helpful. I found the Google developer's thread so it is suppossed to be not a bug but a special feature that no one can turn off.
I usually use pablic WiFi captive portals and nowhere I can set stable coonection on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T215. :confused:

It's described here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=58252752&postcount=38

naughtiemares

May 6, 2015
"Sign into network" auto disconnect

The sign in autodisconnect function is caused by an internal android system app called Captiveportallogin. I used romtoolbox to freeze it and configured my network manually after a day of it auto disconnecting.