[Q] Xperia X10i Flash Problem "Sin header verification failed"

Search This thread

marmatty

Sep 20, 2010
Hello guys,

I recently tried to root and unlock my x10 using the tutorials posted here , the rooting part went okay however I must have messed something up when I tried to unlock the bootloader as right now, flashtool 0.6.7 won't let me flash anything at all , and keeps on throwing " ERR_SEVERITY="MAJOR";ERR_CLASS="SECURITY_CLASS";ERR_DYNAMIC="SIN " at me . Tried with several versions of flashtool, tried S1tool to no avail.

Now I'm stuck with a phone that will not boot at all (only vibrates then goes dead).

Your help and suggestions would be really appreciated as I don't wanna give up on it just yet and take it to a service center (out of warranty so I'm gonna have to pay for it myself).

cr4zypo3t

Dec 27, 2011
Google Pixel XL
Moto G7 Power
Could you provide some more information?
Which Rom/version of android were you running?
Which method of unlocking the bootloader did you follow?

Did you try repairing the phone with Sony Ericsson PC companion software?

Try flashing the Stock kernel.

As far as i can tell its nothing you won't be able to fix by yourself (with help from here of course :)).

marmatty

Sep 20, 2010
Originally I was running stock 2.3.3 , tried rooting using the method posted here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1254087 ; everything went fine during the kernel downgrade process , I ran the SETOOL2.bat script which completed successfully however when I got to the kernel upgrade part , flashtool stopped working. Phone is recognized by PC as a "SEMC Flash device" and the green led lights up but as I said in the first post - won't flash my X10. Tried with both Windows and Linux versions, both give me the same error :(

I also tried fixing it through SEUS and PC Companion , none of them work, keep on saying my phone already has the latest version installed :(

Suggestions guys ?

HR7

Jan 25, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Try repair it this method.. Open sony ericsson pc companion and click on support zone.. Then click on repair phone.. Have you tried this?

Sent from my X10i using xda premium

marmatty

Sep 20, 2010
yes , i tried repairing through PC Companion , tried updating through SEUS , both keep on telling me I'm running the latest version. I ended up taking my phone to a repair shop, after I'll pick it up I'm gonna ask the guys there what they did to fix it so I can share it with you.

spacecadet77

Mar 4, 2009
Wish I had seen this sooner :(

I was getting into all sorts of trouble when I was rooting my phone, had at least 2 instances where I though I had bricked it (which would not be good!). And your post sounds similar to what I was getting at 1.30am last Thursday!

What I did, and what I recommend is to download one of the stock roms and flash that through the flashtool. Keep the stock rom close by, if anything else happens then it is your safe place.
Once you've flashed with the stock rom. Re-read the flashing instructions carefully and try again.

Here's the Stock ROM I used:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22075170&postcount=413

and flashtool:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=920746

marmatty

Sep 20, 2010
Thanks for your reply , I tried flashing a stock rom through flashtool 0.6.7 , it didn't work as i was getting the same annoying error. I must admit that it wasn't the same exact rom that you used.
After I get my phone back from the service center I'm gonna try to unlock the bootloader again.

Now I'm curious if your method would have worked :D

aliyaan

Mar 31, 2012
Error - err_severity=

Hello, I have a bricked X10i phone which gave me following error when I tried to flash is using flash tool.

ERROR - ERR_SEVERITY="MAJOR";ERR_CLASS="SECURITY_CLASS";ERR_DYNAMIC="SIN header verification failed"

It does get detected with a green blink but I only get a black screen on the phone. I will appreciate any help.

lallonza888

Mar 18, 2012
Hello, I have a bricked X10i phone which gave me following error when I tried to flash is using flash tool.

ERROR - ERR_SEVERITY="MAJOR";ERR_CLASS="SECURITY_CLASS";ERR_DYNAMIC="SIN header verification failed"

It does get detected with a green blink but I only get a black screen on the phone. I will appreciate any help.

Hi Aliyaan!!! I had the same problem a couple weeks ago.
Just follow carefully everysingle step of this guide (it's pretty easy), and everything will get back to normal =)

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20251565&postcount=8

hovensy

Jan 22, 2009
Caloocan
same thing happens to my x10i.. I have red many forums on this topic but it doesnt show a solution...

I think it is a bricked phone already.. need to send it for repair

mjonyh

Jun 11, 2012
Sylhet
Why don't you try with latest flash tool 0.8.5 or above.

1. Flash stock 2.3.3.
2. There is a menu in flash tool to root.
3. There is a menu under plugin to unlock bootloader.

Stock rom can flash always. X10 can't be bricked so easily.

Sent from my X10i using xda app-developers app

udupa82

Aug 8, 2011
Since you r already on stock 2.3.3, there is no need to downgrade your baseband.. you need baseband .71 for gingerbread ROMs and the stock ROM is already on it... use SEUS to unroot and flash the stock ROM.. once you r on complete stock try rooting and unlocking using flashtool .9 or the latest version... also install the drivers from the flashtool folder...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda app-developers app