Apps incompatible

Search This thread

lesd777

Sep 17, 2011
Since upgradung to the leaked ics, I noticed hbo go is not in the google play store. I went to the hbogo website and clicked the link to download it in the google store. It pulls up but says its incompatible with my device. Is there an alternate way I can download this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

dvandam

Aug 11, 2010
Don't you have to modify something else in order to get that to work? I thought I read something about a build.prop file or something..

desilva79

Jul 1, 2011
Don't you have to modify something else in order to get that to work? I thought I read something about a build.prop file or something..

That would be good to know , since installing the ICS leak I've been having a lot of issues installing apps such as Groupon,Living Social , Yahoo Mail that would all show as incompatible with device

dvandam

Aug 11, 2010
That would be good to know , since installing the ICS leak I've been having a lot of issues installing apps such as Groupon,Living Social , Yahoo Mail that would all show as incompatible with device

Groupon and Living Social both work on mine, although I'm using the Stock Revamped ROM. As far as Groupon goes, did you do a backup and then restore in Titanium Backup? If you do that Groupon doesn't launch. If you delete it and then redownload it via Google Play it should work fine.

desilva79

Jul 1, 2011
Groupon and Living Social both work on mine, although I'm using the Stock Revamped ROM. As far as Groupon goes, did you do a backup and then restore in Titanium Backup? If you do that Groupon doesn't launch. If you delete it and then redownload it via Google Play it should work fine.

I'm using Mod1411's NexusMod ICS with LCD Density set to 200. I thought it was the LCD Density at first but it wouldn't work even if I set it back to 240. I searched for Groupon first on Google Play but couldn't find it. Going to the direct Google Play link it will show me as incompatible

jeff210

Jan 7, 2012
Amite, La.
Even after setting density back, you have to clear google play data and may have to go to recovery and wipe caches and reboot.

dvandam

Aug 11, 2010
Can anyone speak to the HBO (No) Go app issue? Has anyone been able to get this running on their phone? I'd like to get that back up and running.

ElBeaner

Feb 22, 2012
Dallas
Well my i heart radio app was working fine until they released 4.2.1 version for it, now I get that my device is not supported.

Update, found the app on the Amazon app store and it installed and works fine.

to the OP, try that.

Last edited:

dvandam

Aug 11, 2010
Well my i heart radio app was working fine until they released 4.2.1 version for it, now I get that my device is not supported.

Update, found the app on the Amazon app store and it installed and works fine.

to the OP, try that.

I tried with HBO Go and it isn't working. Won't even come up when I search for it.

lart2150

Dec 17, 2010
Chicago
I'm using Mod1411's NexusMod ICS with LCD Density set to 200. I thought it was the LCD Density at first but it wouldn't work even if I set it back to 240. I searched for Groupon first on Google Play but couldn't find it. Going to the direct Google Play link it will show me as incompatible

I'm using the stock leak (UCLD2) and I don't have any issues searching for groupon on the phone in the market.

Jun 1, 2012
Just loaded the new AOKP and had a few issues with app incompatibility, couldn't get SwiftKey and others to install... I tried all the usual suspects - LCD Density, reboot, clear store data, but two tips I haven't seen anywhere else that both worked for me:

- Manage Apps, Google Play Store, 'Uninstall Updates'
- Install from browser instead of Play Store on device

Hope this helps someone!