ZL screen brighter than Z

Search This thread

robertopod1968

Feb 18, 2012
OK.. I'm an idiot and didn't read your description well. I thought it was the Z on one side and the ZL on the other. The screen probably won't keep me from buying one of them anyway. Thank you for the info!

Spectre51

OK.. I'm an idiot and didn't read your description well. I thought it was the Z on one side and the ZL on the other. The screen probably won't keep me from buying one of them anyway. Thank you for the info!

It shouldn't because honestly when the phone is in your hand it looks amazing. The build quality on these two phones and great design is outstanding.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z

robertopod1968

Feb 18, 2012
I've been searching for all the info on these that I can find for a month now. I'm sure I will be purchasing one of these as soon as they are available that work on US carriers.

Or...Get your buddy to send me one! :D

722ish

Mar 5, 2012
Thanks for the photos! Looks like it isn't much bigger than the ion at all, and it does look sharp for sure!
Also, I was looking through the other thread and saw there was an lte model functioning on AT&T bands, will there likely be multiple models available in the USA, or is there only the one? I apologize for the out of place questions, I just didn't see for sure elsewhere, and am unfamiliar with the model numbers yet.

Last edited:

Spectre51

Thanks for the photos! Looks like it isn't much bigger than the ion at all, and it does look sharp for sure!
Also, I was looking through the other thread and saw there was an lte model functioning on AT&T bands, will there likely be multiple models available in the USA, or is there only the one? I apologize for the out of place questions, I just didn't see for sure elsewhere, and am unfamiliar with the model numbers yet.

I can't divulge too much but the C6606 will probably be the only XZ model available in the US.

Spectre51

Ui elements which are black on iOn and TX are designed grey on Z so have it in mind once you compare those screens.

Yes very true. Once the ion gets JB it will be a better comparison (as long as its like the T design) though even on the home screen you can see a difference in colors. Every Xperia I have seen and compared the ion still has the best blacks.

Warrimonk

Aug 15, 2009
I was going to post this in the Z screen discussion but the thread is locked... so might as well post it here.

The other thread says that the Xperia Z uses a E-IPS display because the phone is too thin to fit a more premium display. Since the ZL is a thicker phone and does not have waterproofing (which sony tried to use to compensate), does this mean that the ZL may NOT contain an E-IPS display and have something of higher quality???

I really don't get the idea of sacrificing screen quality to make the phone thinner. I am pretty sure many people would pick an amazing display at the cost of a few mm of thickness.

Last edited:

Spectre51

I was going to post this in the Z screen discussion but the thread is locked... so might as well post it here.

The other thread says that the Xperia Z uses a E-IPS display because the phone is too thin to fit a more premium display. Since the ZL is a thicker phone and does not have waterproofing (which sony tried to use to compensate), does this mean that the ZL may NOT contain an E-IPS display and have something of higher quality???

I really don't get the idea of sacrificing screen quality to make the phone thinner. I am pretty sure many people would pick an amazing display at the cost of a few mm of thickness.

Could be. Once I get my ZL I will compare them more.

vicedens2002

Mar 27, 2010
Chennai
Could be. Once I get my ZL I will compare them more.

There is nothing in whitepaper about the displays ?? I am going to get the ZL... Please update here as soon as you get the phone.. :)

Edit: just saw the white paper there is nothing about the display... :confused:

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How was the Z in size and shape when compared to the Ion?

Okay here are some pics (not a photographer so bear with me) of my TL, ion and the Z so you can see the size comparison. For having as big of a screen as the Z and ZL do they are not bulky phones at all. Love their size. For the pics with the screens on the brightness was set to 100% and disabled any adjustment to lighting condition options.

dsc0005xcv.jpg

dsc0006bb.jpg

dsc0007mx.jpg

dsc0008aw.jpg
    Brighter at 100% and lowest setting. The blacks look a bit better on the Z though.

Sent from my C6602