ION ROM/MOD Roger JB Stock Prerooted and Flashable in Recovery, UB/LB

Search This thread

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
This is my first Rom/Mod for Android, a flashable (in recovery) prerooted version of the latest stock Roger Jelly Bean for LT28i. Prerooted and debloated with extreme privacy in mind. Removed were all face book, all social apps, all google apps including gsf and others. I even removed stock Messaging and Conversations. I recommend instead K9 Mail and TextSecure both free and available on the internet.

Other than rooting and debloating, no changes have been made. Since Sony hasn't released the official non-branded jelly bean version for LT28i, this rom/mod should help the users.

Again, this is the latest prerooted Xperia LT28i Roger's Jelly Bean stock, which as of today still can't be rooted post installation.

WARNING: If you soft/hard brick your phone, it is NOT my fault. Do it at your own peril. If you feel like complaining, NSA might listen. :)

Usual Instructions:

1. Enter Recovery;
2. Triple Format (format System, Cache, Data)
3. Flash Roger zip.

If you were on JB Kernel before, you are done, just Reboot and enjoy.
If you were on ICS, don't reboot, instead turn off your phone and do the following:

4. Flash JB Kernel from either Rogers or LT28h stock ftf. Untick everything and exclude everything, but kernel.

This is the download link:

http://yadi.sk/d/1QT20Q6l7UJfU

To download, put your cursor on the file and click the arrow/download button on the right.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

nelikp

Oct 25, 2011
lost world
This is my first Rom/Mod for Android, a flashable (in recovery) prerooted version of the latest stock Roger Jelly Bean for LT28i. Prerooted and debloated with extreme privacy in mind. Removed were all face book, all social apps, all google apps including gsf and others. I even removed stock Messaging and Conversations. I recommend instead K9 Mail and TextSecure both free and available on the internet.

Other than rooting and debloating, no changes have been made. Since Sony hasn't released the official jelly bean non branded version for LT28i, this rom/mod should help the users.

Again, this is prerooted latest Rogers Jelly Bean stock, which as of today still can't be rooted post installation.

WARNING: If you soft/hard brick your phone, it is NOT my fault. Do it at your own peril If you feel like complaining, NSA might listen. :)

Usual Instructions:

1. Enter Recovery;
3. Flash Roger zip.

If you were on ICS, don't reboot, instead do the following:

4. Flash JB Kernel from either Rogers or LT28h stock ftf. Untick everything and exclude everything, but kernel.

Enjoy.

good try

a few screen shots would be great

Reactions: zerogear88

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
good try

I thought since I haven't made any changes to stock firmware, there is no need for screen shots. Once you reboot, you will see the usual JB screen and you'll have Superuser in your application drawer. You will also have E (as 2g), 4g (as 3g) and Lte, which is still smarter than AT&T's combined 4g icon. You will notice a much better battery life, especially that this disgusting google services framework that is basically connected to "home" all the time and records/transmits everything you do with your phone is gone. In my view, any "home" application, such as gmail, gplus, youtube, facebook or else, have just one purpose: to spy and record all your activities. You don't need those to access the associated services.

Last edited:

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
Here is a screenshot of my battery life. I am able to get 24 hours on a single charge with about 1 hour of voice calls over wifi and 4g, wifi on 24/7, 2 sip accounts active 24/7, moderate internet usage, messaging and K9 mail client on 24/7 (synching 5 mail accounts). Note WIFI taking 16% and Csipsimple (sip client) 13%. If I only use cellular voice calls, I get about 31-32 hours, which is pretty decent.

Moderators, I know you would want to move this post to the battery life section, but please don't, The purpose of this here is to illustrate my point on getting rid of social apps, google apps and google services framework and their effect on battery life.

Last edited:

peddarson

Aug 20, 2012
looks and sounds really good!
but I'd recommend a better Rom name...for example slim stock jb or something like that...

Toledo_JAB

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 16, 2011
Toledo
Not sure the development section is the best place for a stock ftf file.
Yes I know it is pre rooted,
but DooMLoRd has made a windows script to root stock jelly bean.
And to get LTE you just flash the ICS lt28i baseband.
Also in order to get CWM recovery on your ION it needs to be rooted already.

For now, as this thread contains NO development, this thread is moved to the general section.

Moderating from my Xperia ION on 4.1.2 & RooTED by DooMLoRD.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8

For now, as this thread contains NO development, this thread is moved to the general section.

With all due respect, but

1. This is not an ftf file, but rather a zip flashable in CWM;
2. DoomLord's script CANNOT root Roger's LT28i jelly bean
3. Flashing LTE from ISC results in a buggy LTE connection, which indicates that apparently there are changes in JB LT28i radio
4. "in order to get CWM recovery on your ION it needs to be rooted already" That is true for any other rom/mod posted in development section. You can't get CWM unles you have root.

Right now, there is no way to root Roger's JB and the same is the only official release for LT28i. So, my mod/rom is the only way to have prerooted JB for LT28i (as opposed to LT28h).

Kindly return this thread to development section.

Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: nv0id

Bwyan Benton

Jun 29, 2010
Windsor, Ontario

3. Flashing LTE from ISC results in a buggy LTE connection, which indicates that apparently there are changes in JB LT28i radio
4. "in order to get CWM recovery on your ION it needs to be rooted already" That is true for any other rom/mod posted in development section. You can't get CWM unles you have root.

Right now, there is no way to root Roger's JB and the same is the only official release for LT28i. So, my mod/rom is the only way to have prerooted JB for LT28i (as opposed to LT28h).

Regards

Wrong!!!
Doomlords script CAN root rogers jellybean firmware because i already provided him the kernel.sin and build.prop to do it. He added the update to his thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2327473

[S/Ion/AcroS][ROOT] DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit (v17){perf_event exploit}[20130717]

Last edited:
Reactions: sayfop

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8

eosdigic

Jun 17, 2011
Thank you for great efforts, but this one is too clean that I cannot enable H/H+/E/G at non-LTE areas (not sure why). Without stock browser and google play causes nothing can be downloaded after boot. Is it possible to add them back? Many thanks. Without Busybox I cannot install CWM recovery for any local zip either.

To download, put your cursor on the file and click the arrow/download button on the right.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
Go to the link i gave and download the toolkit from that page from doomlords post.
Rogers jellybean firmware CAN be rooted with that update link!!!
IM USING IT RIGHT NOW!!!!
And its LT28i
Not lt29i

OK. He posted that in Xperia S section, but his regular kit didn't do the job. That is why I made the pre-rooted version, which is also extremely debloated.

And please forgive me if you can for misspelling LT28 for LT29. Also, allow me to make a suggestion: get rid of the list of crossed out devices that you put in every post.

Regards

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
Thank you for great efforts, but this one is too clean that I cannot enable H/H+/E/G at non-LTE areas (not sure why). Without stock browser and google play causes nothing can be downloaded after boot. Is it possible to add them back? Many thanks. Without Busybox I cannot install CWM recovery for any local zip either.

For non LTE, you need to flash Roger basebands, i.e., flash it using flashtool: untick everything and exclude everything, but baseband. You will then have H/H+ and LTE. You can get naked browser, which is the best, at nakedbrowser dot com/android. This is the only browser that I know that won't connect to the internet unless you start it. Also, it wouldn't connect to a bunch of other remote sites for spying purposes, as all other browsers do (including firefox). You know that firefox gets its dough from Google, so they'll sell you out in a minute and for good. Nakedbrowser is also very fast (for the same reason as it only connects to the site you choose). You can download naked browser on PC, then transfer it to your SD card and install it there. Or you can install it with flashtool. Transfer the file to your c://flashtool/custom/apps directory, then start flash tool, click apk installer (curved arrow) and install it. Busybox is available on the internet.

You don't need googleplay to have any application that is available there. To have googleplay (and GSF- google services framework, which should be read as google spying framework) defeats the purpose of debloating. If you don't want to waste your battery and have your every activity recorded and transmitted to Google/NSA, you need to get rid of google play/gsf.

Reactions: aminaked

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
By the way, this is my latest battery usage: over 24 hours on a single charge and still left 10%. That including about 40 minutes of talking over sip, constant wifi, two active sip accounts, constant data, moderate internet usage, moderate messenger usage and synching 5 mail accounts 24/7.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-06-05-02-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-06-05-02-11.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 113

luisoman2000

Jul 4, 2012
tried it, had to go back to blackzax's due to the lack of play store and browser(I dont have wifi available at the moment and my internet pretty much sucks so i cant download the play store apk). Great effort, but maybe you could make another one with the playstore and a browser(or maybe just the play store).
Can you report any bugs on this firmware(aside from the ones listed on the bug thread).

Bwyan Benton

Jun 29, 2010
Windsor, Ontario
OK. He posted that in Xperia S section, but his regular kit didn't do the job. That is why I made the pre-rooted version, which is also extremely debloated.

And please forgive me if you can for misspelling LT28 for LT29. Also, allow me to make a suggestion: get rid of the list of crossed out devices that you put in every post.

Regards

Thanks for the suggestion
But ill pass on it

peddarson

Aug 20, 2012
well...if you guys want Google apps,just install them manually. it is not that hard. this his the Rom by optimumpro and we should be happy that he has shared this Rom.

Reactions: optimumpro

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
That's right. Google apps are widely available including xda site. But installing them would defeat the purpose of this room. In other words, if anyone wants Google apps, they don't need my mode/rom.

Toledo_JAB

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 16, 2011
Toledo
This is what it is.
If you don't like it,
or don't agree with how it was made,
or want to complain about it,
TOUGH LUCK.
THREAD CLEANED.

Sent from my LT28h

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Other than rooting and debloating, no changes have been made. Since Sony hasn't released the official non-branded jelly bean version for LT28i, this rom/mod should help the users.

Again, this is the latest prerooted Xperia LT28i Roger's Jelly Bean stock, which as of today still can't be rooted post installation.

WARNING: If you soft/hard brick your phone, it is NOT my fault. Do it at your own peril. If you feel like complaining, NSA might listen. :)

Usual Instructions:

1. Enter Recovery;
    3. Flash Roger zip.

If you were on ICS, don't reboot, instead turn off your phone and do the following:

Enjoy.
    good try

I thought since I haven't made any changes to stock firmware, there is no need for screen shots. Once you reboot, you will see the usual JB screen and you'll have Superuser in your application drawer. You will also have E (as 2g), 4g (as 3g) and Lte, which is still smarter than AT&T's combined 4g icon. You will notice a much better battery life, especially that this disgusting google services framework that is basically connected to "home" all the time and records/transmits everything you do with your phone is gone. In my view, any "home" application, such as gmail, gplus, youtube, facebook or else, have just one purpose: to spy and record all your activities. You don't need those to access the associated services.
    Nope. You are WRONG. This version says (when tried) LT29i not supported...

Go to the link i gave and download the toolkit from that page from doomlords post.
    Rogers jellybean firmware CAN be rooted with that update link!!!
    IM USING IT RIGHT NOW!!!!
    And its LT28i
    Not lt29i

Other than rooting and debloating, no changes have been made. Since Sony hasn't released the official jelly bean non branded version for LT28i, this rom/mod should help the users.

Again, this is prerooted latest Rogers Jelly Bean stock, which as of today still can't be rooted post installation.

WARNING: If you soft/hard brick your phone, it is NOT my fault. Do it at your own peril If you feel like complaining, NSA might listen. :)

Usual Instructions:

1. Enter Recovery;
    3. Flash Roger zip.

If you were on ICS, don't reboot, instead do the following:

Enjoy.

good try

Regards