[Q] One Totally Dead - help!

Search This thread

rootshot

Sep 5, 2012
I'm about to receive my 4th HTC one:
#1 - lasted less than a week before I returned it. Wiggling a headphone plug in the headphone jack caused all kinds of weirdness. AT&T replaced it.
#2 - lasted about 6-7 months. Unplugged it one morning and it went totally dead. No charge light would come on when plugged in. AT&T replaced it.
#3 - lasted less than one month. Pulled it out of my pocket while (ironically) in an AT&T store and it was a brick like #2. 5 minutes before it was working. It was charged that morning using the original HTC adapter & cable. AT&T is mailing a replacement (#4).

All had bootloader unlocked. #2 was also SIM unlocked and S-OFF. All were running (different) custom ROMs. All were in cases and had no physical or water damage (not even scratches).

Any idea what could cause this hard brick where the charge indicator doesn't even come on? Any ideas to rescue it?

Thanks!

elvisypi

Nov 11, 2010
Düsseldorf
e6uteved.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

durres

Nov 10, 2012
What you need is a sacrifice. You should bathe yout phone in virgins blood than let it dry for three days and three nights. Finally you must say 20 times loudly "this phone is not gonna break without reason", while doing a ritual dance. Hope it helps

rootshot

Sep 5, 2012
Yeah. How helpfull... Please tell me how an S-on device can be bricked when everything is stable. This didn't happen after a ROM flash or any similar activity. Phone goes from just fine to dead without any specific action.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
Stop messing with your phone. You clearly have no idea what you're doing.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reactions: jd1639

Curly060

Aug 31, 2013
Any idea what could cause this hard brick where the charge indicator doesn't even come on? Any ideas to rescue it?

Really strange problem. Some ideas:
- Was it always the same adapter/cable or was that one replaced, too? If it was the same, maybe it is somehow broken and eventually kills your phones.
- If you use custom ROMs, did you maybe changed some low level settings (voltage? CPU frequencies?)

Cheers, Curly060 =;->

rootshot

Sep 5, 2012
Curly060 - same adapter, but I use other adapters and cables as well (office, car, etc.). Custom rom was Maximus 30.0. No under/over clocking or volting.

My guess is that one of my power adapters is out of spec. I use a non-HTC adapter where it generally charges overnight.

I'll replace them all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Curly060

Aug 31, 2013
Well, looks like I was on the right track then.
Yes, please replace them and see if that helps!

Cheers, Curly060 =;->

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stop messing with your phone. You clearly have no idea what you're doing.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk