Help Flashing Split View by Bigfau

Search This thread

hiphiphooray

Aug 3, 2012
I am wanting to install the LG G Flex Split View mod by Bigfau on my rooted LG G2 but I do not know how to "Flash in recovery and reboot."

Can anyone help me through this process? I was reading up on the flash guide here on the forum and saw that I needed a custom recovery installed before flashing. Is this really needed to just add the split view feature? If so, how can I go about doing this?

thx

vPro97

Oct 22, 2013
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy S6
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
I am wanting to install the LG G Flex Split View mod by Bigfau on my rooted LG G2 but I do not know how to "Flash in recovery and reboot."

Can anyone help me through this process? I was reading up on the flash guide here on the forum and saw that I needed a custom recovery installed before flashing. Is this really needed to just add the split view feature? If so, how can I go about doing this?

thx

yea, unfortunately, a custom recovery is needed to flash any mods or zips. It does not work with stock recovery. The only thing you can flash with stock recovery is a rom, but since you need gapps and so on for the rom to work properly, you need a custom recovery.

I find TWRP the easiest recovery to work with, here's the link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2449679

Sean473

Aug 29, 2012
London
There is no need for custom recovery... Use the Flash Gordon app from play store. All you need is root and busybox. You can flash zips but not ROMS..

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

hiphiphooray

Aug 3, 2012
Hmmm, two different answers. :p Thanks for the quick replies though.

I don't think I need any roms, I am just trying to take the zip file mod in the link and get it working on my stock LG G2. I know it will work on the stock Verizon phone, but I have no idea how to do the flashing.

If I use an app from the play store, I read that it may, "lack the ability to wipe the Dalvik cache (affecting the JIT compiler)." Will this be a problem for me?

vPro97

Oct 22, 2013
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy S6
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Hmmm, two different answers. :p Thanks for the quick replies though.

I don't think I need any roms, I am just trying to take the zip file mod in the link and get it working on my stock LG G2. I know it will work on the stock Verizon phone, but I have no idea how to do the flashing.

If I use an app from the play store, I read that it may, "lack the ability to wipe the Dalvik cache (affecting the JIT compiler)." Will this be a problem for me?

Please listen to him then, but my experience is not the same.

hiphiphooray

Aug 3, 2012
Please listen to him then, but my experience is not the same.

I'll go ahead and try it out later today. I am not against installing a custom recovery if it is useful later. But I don't plan on installing any custom roms ever. Is there any use for a custom recovery outside of custom roms that cannot be accomplished by Flash Gordon App?

vPro97

Oct 22, 2013
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy S6
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
I'll go ahead and try it out later today. I am not against installing a custom recovery if it is useful later. But I don't plan on installing any custom roms ever. Is there any use for a custom recovery outside of custom roms that cannot be accomplished by Flash Gordon App?

The ability to backup your device (make a NANDROID, as it is called). If you have a rooted device and intend to mess with it, I would say that a nandroid backup is a must :). The good thing about a nandroid, something which Titanium Backup can't is to restore the whole system and boot. On the other hand, you might find some apps missing, so it's best to back up apps though Titanium Backup and your system/boot etc through Custom Recovery.

Oh and by the way, please tell me how the split-view thingy works once you have done it :)

Last edited:

hiphiphooray

Aug 3, 2012
The ability to backup your device (make a NANDROID, as it is called). If you have a rooted device and intend to mess with it, I would say that a nandroid backup is a must :). The good thing about a nandroid, something which Titanium Backup can't is to restore the whole system and boot. On the other hand, you might find some apps missing, so it's best to back up apps though Titanium Backup and your system/boot etc through Custom Recovery.

Oh and by the way, please tell me how the split-view thingy works once you have done it :)

I have busybox installed and flash gordon ready to go. About to try it out now. Hopefully it works... /crossfingers

hiphiphooray

Aug 3, 2012
Did not work with busybox + flash gordon. Seems the .zip contains some system files which are not able to be edited through flash gordon. I'll try to install a custom rom then I guess.

tbishop91

Dec 24, 2013
that link is for flashify :) What do you mean edit long press?

To set split view whiich works wonders wen modding phones ? you have to set one of your nave bars to open it mine is set as the back button. Long press is why you just press the front nav bar in stead off tapping it. Correct me if im erong but i think you must also be running xposed installer with one of the g2 settings apps found in the playstore. I flashed split view using flashify and it works fine munis not being able to use the knock feature wen engaged.

hiphiphooray

Aug 3, 2012
To set split view whiich works wonders wen modding phones ? you have to set one of your nave bars to open it mine is set as the back button. Long press is why you just press the front nav bar in stead off tapping it. Correct me if im erong but i think you must also be running xposed installer with one of the g2 settings apps found in the playstore. I flashed split view using flashify and it works fine munis not being able to use the knock feature wen engaged.

I do not have xposed and holding down the back button launches the program for me.

The program works after installing it from recovery in TWRP, but after installation, I pressed wipe cache and it was in the process when my phone screen turned off. I couldn't get it to turn back on, and eventually just held down the power button for 10 seconds to get it to boot normally. It works now, but what can I do to avoid that happening again?

tbishop91

Dec 24, 2013
That im not too sure about wen i wipe my chace and dalvik it completes the action and just romdomly cuts the phone off. When ever your wiping i say the best thing to do is just too make sure you have a back in cases something goes wrong