[SOLVED] Reboots on Uninstalls

Search This thread

Yachter99

Apr 23, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Droid Maxx on 4.4, unrooted (due to update). Every time I try to uninstall any app the phone soft reboots and the app remains. Anyone else experiencing this problem? I've found people in similar situations with devices like the Nexus 4 but their only fix was reflashing stock firmware and I'd prefer to not have to do that... Any solutions?

SORRY; please move to troubleshooting thread this doesn't belong here

Last edited:

Summersett

Apr 24, 2011
I had the same problem. You have to flash the dev image for Maxx 4.4. I'll be home in a few hours and will edit this post with a link if you haven't found it by then.

cstryon

Nov 22, 2011
I'm in a droid mini using the posted ota and I can install and uninstall just fine. The update you have, is it the one that was pushed officially, or the file from the other thread?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

I had the same problem. You have to flash the dev image for Maxx 4.4. I'll be home in a few hours and will edit this post with a link if you haven't found it by then.

Had no luck trying to find it. What is the Dev image?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Summersett

Apr 24, 2011
The fix that I used was found in the "Who's gonna leak the Soak Test?" thread: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48813998
I recommend reading the other posts in that topic (after the "fix" reply) to see what other uses had to do and what did or didn't work for them. I had to do all steps, including all of the fastboot stuff, to get mine to work, but it did retain all data. Good luck!

Kickbut101

Jan 25, 2010
just had this issue, go ahead and place the 4.4 ota on your root again and flash it through your recovery menu. Just like you did to get 4.4 originally. You won't lose any files but it will fix your system data which right now is goofed up.

Reactions: Yachter99

melfunn

Jan 29, 2008
A simple try is to clear cache in system recovery. Can't hurt.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just had this issue, go ahead and place the 4.4 ota on your root again and flash it through your recovery menu. Just like you did to get 4.4 originally. You won't lose any files but it will fix your system data which right now is goofed up.