[Q] Needing some expertise, soft bricked sprint htc one?

Search This thread

crhoppi

Feb 11, 2014
Guys i could really use some help i'll buy you a beer just tell me where to send the money :)

So as you'll see below i am unlocked with s-on

***TAMPERED***
***UNLOCKED***
m7_WLS PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.56.0000
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
os-4.06.651.4
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Jan 23 2014, 22:11:35.0

Using CWM and TWRP - sometimes one works and sometimes one doesnt

Using adapter to 16gb jump drive (to install roms using recovery)

My trouble is that every rom i've installed has left me in a boot loop. sometimes the rom will load, sometimes i wont make it past the lockscreen, the time varies but never more than a few minutes and not once have i had a connection - no service, no 3g , 4g wifi or anything.

I've looked into acquiring S-OFF, but for hboot 1.56 im not sure.
firewater requires the internet connection and seeing how i can barely keep my phone from bootlooping... this has been two days now and im in desperate need for my phone.
what do i need to download/install or research? i wipe every time i flash, i can use adb...
Im fairly savvy enough to use/understand the tools provided to me, i just am at a loss as to what to do now.

• I've tried to go to a RUU but between the two versions i tried, neither worked ( i tried with the 'locked' and 'unlocked' )
    i used the guru reset (thanks crushalot) for CID SPCS_001 and it did load but again i had no service and the phone would restart every few minutes. I used the htc all in one tool (thanks hasoon) to push revone - never got anywhere with that at all - moonshine and rumrunner also did not work.

1. Heres the list of roms ive tried already by using both twrp and cwm. these are zips located on my 16gb flashdrive attached using an adapter. the roms normally load and give successful messages but then when loading either fail or only loop:
    forgive me for not being able to remember who to thank for these - but thank you all for your hard work and tireless efforts to provide. it doesn't go unnoticed
    bigxie_m7_GPe_KRT16S_odexed-signed never loaded
    BSC_Tranquil_RLS6_ODEX - The one i FIRST installed did not recognize touch (couldnt get past the lockscreen)
    Guru_Reset_M7_Sprint_1.31.651.2 worked but no service and looped
    m7spr-RootBox-JB-houstonn-20130721 looped and no service
    onedroid-m7_signed_012614_152440 never loaded
    pa_m7spr-3.65-20130709 never loaded
    Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.10_RUU never loaded
    Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_3_04_651_2_RUU never loaded
    Sprint_KitKat_ReBase_1.4 never loaded
    sprinthtcone_signed_020214_4.06.651.4_kitkat never loaded
    viperROM_One_v1.1.0
bootscreen loop

At this point if someone could show me how to just return to stock and have service I'd be thrilled. thanks guys!

But if i could get a stable version of ARHD for sprint that'd be cool too.

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Guys i could really use some help i'll buy you a beer just tell me where to send the money :)

***TAMPERED***
***UNLOCKED***
m7_WLS PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.56.0000
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
os-4.06.651.4
eMMC-boot 2048MB

My trouble is that every rom i've installed has left me in a boot loop. sometimes the rom will load, sometimes i wont make it past the lockscreen, the time varies but never more than a few minutes and not once have i had a connection - no service, no 3g , 4g wifi or anything.

firewater requires the internet connection and seeing how i can barely keep my phone from bootlooping... this has been two days now and im in desperate need for my phone.
what do i need to download/install or research? i wipe every time i flash, i can use adb...
Im fairly savvy enough to use/understand the tools provided to me, i just am at a loss as to what to do now.

• I've tried to go to a RUU but between the two versions i tried, neither worked ( i tried with the 'locked' and 'unlocked' )
    i used the guru reset (thanks crushalot) for CID SPCS_001 and it did load but again i had no service and the phone would restart every few minutes. I used the htc all in one tool (thanks hasoon) to push revone - never got anywhere with that at all - moonshine and rumrunner also did not work.

1. Heres the list of roms ive tried already by using both twrp and cwm. these are zips located on my 16gb flashdrive attached using an adapter. the roms normally load and give successful messages but then when loading either fail or only loop:
    forgive me for not being able to remember who to thank for these - but thank you all for your hard work and tireless efforts to provide. it doesn't go unnoticed
    bigxie_m7_GPe_KRT16S_odexed-signed never loaded (GSM rom I'm guessing)
    BSC_Tranquil_RLS6_ODEX - The one i FIRST installed did not recognize touch (couldnt get past the lockscreen)
    viperROM_One_v1.1.0
bootscreen loop

At this point if someone could show me how to just return to stock and have service I'd be thrilled. thanks guys!

My guess is you tried to install a GSM rom which messed up your parttions.
Use this guide to fix
Use the 4.06 s-on firmware and when you get to step 8 refer to 8a (adb push a Sprint 4.06.651.4 sense rom to your device) once you are up and running you can flash any Sprint 4.06.651.4 rom.

Any questions PM or post here :D

Last edited:

crhoppi

Feb 11, 2014
Use this guide to fix
Use the 4.06 s-on firmware and when you get to step 8 refer to 8a (adb push a Sprint 4.06.651.4 sense rom to your device) once you are up and running you can flash any Sprint 4.06.651.4 rom.

Any questions PM or post here
So here's what i did.
Fastboot oem lock - Works
Fastboot oem rebootRUU - Works
Fastboot flash zip firmware.zip (s-on 4.06.651.4_firmware.zip) - Works!!
Fastboot reboot-bootloader - Works
Fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin -Works
Fastboot erase cache - Works
Fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.3-m7spr.img -Works
>Go into Recovery
>Sideload
(CMD)
adb kill-server -Works
adb usb -Works
adb sideload sprintkitkat.zip Works!! (renamed from sprinthtcone_signed_020214_4.06.651.4_kitkat)
Reboot - crosses fingers!!

:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:

...Fail. Bootloop again! It recognizes touch, but the home screen reverts back to the green HTC logo, and then restarts.:confused:

Last edited:

Sloth

Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
So here's what i did.
Fastboot flash zip firmware.zip (s-on 3.04.651.2_firmware.zip) - Works!!
Fastboot oem unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin -Works
>Go into Recovery
>Sideload
(CMD)
adb kill-server -Works
adb usb -Works
adb sideload sprintkitkat.zip Works!! (renamed from sprinthtcone_signed_020214_4.06.651.4_kitkat)

...Fail. Bootloop again! It recognizes touch, but the home screen reverts back to the green HTC logo, and then restarts.:confused:

It says you used the 3.04.651.2 firmware..it would not be possible for you to flash the 3.04 firmware because you are s-on your phone wont allow it.
Or if that was a typo and you did indeed use the correct firmware you most likely got an error and it didn't finish flashing.
Or the rom was a bad download.

Last edited:
Reactions: crhoppi

rickyg87

Mar 28, 2011
Houston
I noticed that you sideloaded a Rom and flashed after the RUU? Did you flash the boot.img found in the zip of the Rom you flashed?

Sent from my HTC One using xda-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: crhoppi

crhoppi

Feb 11, 2014
Dang i dont know since i named it firmware. I knew i had to get the 4.06, maybe i made a typo. nonetheless i dl now and going to follow the exact process again.

[/I]
I noticed that you sideloaded a Rom and flashed after the RUU? Did you flash the boot.img found in the zip of the Rom you flashed?

Sideloaded a rom yes, im not using an ruu, (although if i could i would use an ruu but i have yet to make it work without error maybe due to my version) but if i was, flash what after? if unzip a rom and find the boot.img should i flash that?

I feel that the fact my connection is gone; cell,3g 4g wifi - that it means something much more devastating has happened. I rooted an evo years ago and i remember finding problems like this that refer to wimax and rsa keys. Anyway. ill post more info once i figure out EXACTLY which firmware i install this time.

crhoppi

Feb 11, 2014
It says you used the 3.04.651.2 firmware..it would not be possible for you to flash the 3.04 firmware because you are s-on your phone wont allow it.
Or if that was a typo and you did indeed use the correct firmware you most likely got an error and it didn't finish flashing.

Alright. Using the correct firmware 4.06 this time and it finished and gave a success message, afterwards i adb sideload through twrp this ROM Sprint-HTCONE_Sense-4.4.2.zip found here on xda http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2633129 and then i extracted the boot.img found in the ROM. I used fastboot flash boot boot.img and had success. At reboot... Failure looms again.
Described as Odexed/Rooted
I'm wondering whats happening. at the lockscreen i open and see this message: "process htc.dialer.com isnt working would you like to.." then it gives me a green htc logo and whit background. at the lockscreen i see that i have no signal. seems as though i am missing vital pieces of the puzzle.

Sloth

Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Alright. Using the correct firmware 4.06 this time and it finished and gave a success message, afterwards i adb sideload through twrp this ROM Sprint-HTCONE_Sense-4.4.2.zip found here on xda http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2633129 and then i extracted the boot.img found in the ROM. I used fastboot flash boot boot.img and had success. At reboot... Failure looms again.
I'm wondering whats happening. at the lockscreen i open and see this message: "process htc.dialer.com isnt working would you like to.." then it gives me a green htc logo and whit background. at the lockscreen i see that i have no signal. seems as though i am missing vital pieces of the puzzle.
Hmmm the latest firmware does not contain a radio get the latest here see if it helps
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2406330
Flash in recovery I'm pretty sure

Update added that step to the guide I forgot all about the radio not being included :(

Last edited:

Sloth

Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
:good::good::victory::victory:
Well you're a damn genius sir. This fixed my problem immediately Thank you now to return three days worth of phone calls. wheww :victory:
Lol glad you are up and running again :D
Now S-OFF that b***h so you won't have to do so much work if it gets messed up again :D

Last edited:

Amir501

Feb 13, 2014
one pmenRig

Hmmm the latest firmware does not contain a radio get the latest here see if it helps

Update added that step to the guide I forgot all about the radio not being included :(

I've finally got this far and soooo close to fixing my device. Can you please tell me the steps to properly update the radio on the 4.4.2?

I am using TWRP recovery, Thank you

(?What commands go here?) 1.00.20.1108_3.05.651.5_radio.zip

Sloth

Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
I've finally got this far and soooo close to fixing my device. Can you please tell me the steps to properly update the radio on the 4.4.2?

I am using TWRP recovery, Thank you

(?What commands go here?) 1.00.20.1108_3.05.651.5_radio.zip
Flash the radio from recovery :D
If you have not booted to rom yet type
adb push 1.00.20.1108_3.05.651.5_radio.zip /sdcard/

Last edited:

Amir501

Feb 13, 2014
souvee was

Flash the radio from recovery :D
If you have not booted to rom yet type
adb push 1.00.20.1108_3.05.651.5_radio.zip /sdcard/

I'm kinda afraid to mess things up again :(

I am in the main menu of TWRP v2.6.3.0.

The radio.zip is in my platform tools folder.

Where must I go to flash it now

Sorry for the noob questions. I've been at this for atleast 15 hours lol :(

Sloth

Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
I'm kinda afraid to mess things up again :(

I am in the main menu of TWRP v2.6.3.0.

The radio.zip is in my platform tools folder.

Where must I go to flash it now

Sorry for the noob questions. I've been at this for atleast 15 hours lol :(
Boot to recovery and type
adb push filename.zip /sdcard/
Once the cmd window says it's done find the zip and flash

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

***TAMPERED***
    ***UNLOCKED***
    m7_WLS PVT SHIP S-ON RH
    HBOOT-1.56.0000
    OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
    os-4.06.651.4
    eMMC-boot 2048MB

bigxie_m7_GPe_KRT16S_odexed-signed never loaded (GSM rom I'm guessing)
      viperROM_One_v1.1.0
    bootscreen loop

Use this guide to fix

Any questions PM or post here :D
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2406330

:good::good::victory::victory:
    Well you're a damn genius sir. This fixed my problem immediately Thank you now to return three days worth of phone calls. wheww :victory:
    Lol glad you are up and running again :D
    Now S-OFF that b***h so you won't have to do so much work if it gets messed up again :D
    So here's what i did.
    Fastboot flash zip firmware.zip (s-on 3.04.651.2_firmware.zip) - Works!!
    Fastboot oem unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin -Works
    >Go into Recovery
    >Sideload
    (CMD)
    adb kill-server -Works
    adb usb -Works