Thanks Meter 655
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Leuven / Sint-Truiden
USB (MTP) over WiFi
The Arc has a very cool USB over WiFi function Sony Ericsson added to the phone! It just works like normal USB (in MTP mode), but over WiFi!
To set it up, follow these steps:
- Connect your phone to your PC over USB
- Get your Arc to install PC Companion on your PC (popup dialog when connecting/go to settings - Sony Ericsson - Connections - tap PC Companion installation)
- Follow all the steps to install PC Companion
- When PC Companion is fully installed and set up, disconnect your phone
- Open PC Companion, and click "How to connect" at the top of the window
- Follow the steps when you select WiFi
Works very smoothly!
Sony Xperia Z - C6603, black, 10.1.1.A.1.253 - proud Sony (Ericsson) user
History: J210i, K320i, G705, Arc, Elm, Neo, Arc S, Xperia S, Xperia T