New Simple(r)-Root Method 7/25/11 (For devices with 2.2 OTA)
Ok, this is how to root the 2.2 OTA:
1. Download THIS
2. Unzip "Root.zip" to your C:/SDK_Tools/Platform-Tools/ directory
3. Double click "Root.bat"
4. You should now have the # sign in Command Prompt
5. Download THIS
file and THIS
7. Mount usb storage
8. copy ESPRIMG.zip and update.zip that you downloaded to the root of your sdcard
9. Unmount usb storage
10. Unzip "eng.zip" to yous platform-tools directory and click eng-prep.bat
chmod 04755 *
/data/local/flash_image misc /data/local/mtd0.img
adb reboot bootloader
11. Press Power when you see the fastboot screen, then press volume up when prompted on the device
12. Reboot into recovery, click apply: update.zip from /sdcard
13. Flash the rom of your chioce!
Thank NBetcher for this method!
Device: HTC Express (S-OFF)
ROM: Stock, (temporarily)
If you don't like me or my projects, READ THIS!
"Trust Me, I'm the Doctor"